Teen Corner

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, there, everyone.

Let's all, please, remember the TOS about being respectful towards other members, each others' different viewpoints, etc. without swearing at each other, vigilante modding (i.e. ordering other members around), etc.

Just a friendly reminder that if there is/are a post(s) that concern you, that the TOS mentions notifying Admods for help through PM or AVEN's report system.

Thank you.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

Comrade Kitty
On 10/7/2019 at 9:41 PM, savannahvic said:

I love this community honestly I wish I could have cake with all of you! Oh and I just came out to my big sister friend (I’m an only child so that’s what I say to describe her) and it went great! Oh and I saw this video on YouTube about asexual memes that I will link bellow. I just want to say I love you all and I’m glad we all get to grow together!

Thank you so much for this! It made my day so much better! AND I LAUGHED MY HEAD OFF!!!

Yay I found the Teen Corner! 😋

Hi guys, gals, and non-binary pals,

I have a question, but first, here’s the backstory: I’ve been wanting to buy a black Ace Ring for months now, but I don’t know where I’d find a black ring. I had asked my parents for a ring last year, but since I’m not out to them I got a shiny, silver ring made to look like two leaves. I didn’t tell my parents what ring I wanted because I predict that if I say I want a black ring, they’ll  give me a weird look and laugh at me and ask me why specifically a black ring 😬😰.

So, are there places any of you know that may have a black ring?

If not, do you know any excuses I could tell my parents when they ask me why? 🤔

Thanks! 😁

4 hours ago, Earth and Moon said:

I have a question, but first, here’s the backstory: I’ve been wanting to buy a black Ace Ring for months now, but I don’t know where I’d find a black ring. I had asked my parents for a ring last year, but since I’m not out to them I got a shiny, silver ring made to look like two leaves. I didn’t tell my parents what ring I wanted because I predict that if I say I want a black ring, they’ll  give me a weird look and laugh at me and ask me why specifically a black ring 😬😰.

Thanks! 😁

I haven’t been able to find/ haven’t been looking for a black ring but I use a black hair tie. That sounds stupid as I’m writing it but that’s what I use

On 10/8/2019 at 8:09 AM, Koala Hufflepuff said:

The Cursed Child is not worth the read. I love Harry Potter if you couldn’t tell from my username and profile and I don’t consider it part of the series.

Really?! You like Harry Potter?! I never would have guessed with a name like Koala Hufflepuff. Okay, sarcasm over. I am assuming you are a hufflepuff?

16 hours ago, anxiousdolphin134 said:

cursed child is okay but kinda disappointing imo

Well good to know I didn't miss a whole lot by not reading it.

5 hours ago, Earth and Moon said:

Thanks! 😁

Hmm... do you have any ace friends who already wear the ring?  If so you could say that you're doing it as a 'friendship necklace' kinda thing, but with rings. The only problem is that irl, ace friends are few and far between ☹️

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, Carbon-12 said:

Hmm... do you have any ace friends who already wear the ring?  If so you could say that you're doing it as a 'friendship necklace' kinda thing, but with rings.

I wish! I thought I had an ace friend from GSA (Gender/Sexuality Alliance), but over the summer she realized she was just lesbian, not ace :(

Now, whenever I bring up being ace, she gets all quiet and weird and changes the subject 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Earth and Moon

Thanks anyway, @Carbon-12 and @savannahvic

1 hour ago, savannahvic said:

I haven’t been able to find/ haven’t been looking for a black ring but I use a black hair tie

I might try the hair tie method

*looks away wistfully*  but it’s just not the same...

2 hours ago, Aebt-Ætheling said:

I am assuming you are a hufflepuff?

How did you guess? I tried to hide it, alas, I failed. 😂

• Like 3
Annabellious
1 hour ago, Earth and Moon said:

I wish! I thought I had an ace friend from GSA (Gender/Sexuality Alliance), but over the summer she realized she was just lesbian, not ace :(

Now, whenever I bring up being ace, she gets all quiet and weird and changes the subject 🤷‍♀️

I have something like that, my friend recently came out as Demi and I feel really shit for being upset about it but I thought I was in the same boat about being aro with someone else it just made me feel less alone 

you probably can check hot topic because they are the ultimate emo phase store 

wait a sec I’m gonna google where to find it.

actualcakebytheocean
7 hours ago, Earth and Moon said:

Thanks! 😁

I'm in the same boat! However, I do wear a lot of darker colors, so I think if I ask my parents for a black ring they won't question it. I'll probably check Hot Topic, they should definitely have something like that. 

Edited by actualcakebytheocean

you probably can check hot topic because they are the ultimate emo phase store 

wait a sec I’m gonna google where to find it.

ok I didn’t find anything so I’m deciding that I will make my own out of wire because I used to do that all the time when I was little

so here’s: 

A Guide To Make (asexual) Rings From Dollar Store Materials by savannahvic

(sorry this will be awkward without any pictures)

Things you will need 

that bendy wire from the dollar store in black (if they don’t have it try a crafting store like micheals or joannes)

and wire cutters

step 1: bend it around your finger like a ring (not to tight!). measure the amount you need for the wire to go around your finger and add some more length to it. (Sorry If Im not making sense)

step two bend it around your finger again and the bit of added length you will bend around the other non connected side of the wire and like try to make a little design with it if you like (think like a circle or like where you would traditionally put a jewel)

Step 3: wear it! (Right middle finger I think) 

if anyone asks you say it’s a gift from your friend (me!)

love you all!

-Savannah 

• Like 2

Oh I forgot to say when to cut the wire you cut it after you measure out how much you need (after step 1)

25 minutes ago, actualcakebytheocean said:

I'm in the same boat! However, I do wear a lot of darker colors, so I think if I ask my parents for a black ring they won't question it. I'll probably check Hot Topic, they should definitely have something like that. 

There is a instruction guide to diy it in my a little about me portion of my profile 

Sorry guys I feel like I’ve been spamming but I just want you all to know how to make one yourselves!

🧁

On 10/7/2019 at 9:25 PM, savannahvic said:

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0TTQwAh6_ZdBrYjNs_mdc9pyA

idk if this will work but here is a photo of some makeup that I just did!

I can't see it but the power is out around me, anybody else in California in that huge area? I've got 73% and two or more days of this... I should only use my phone for important things. So I obviously checked AVEN.

@PurpleOrochi, hi! I hope you too are doing well. I'm... doing. Here is your welcome cake:cabin-feb-article-3.jpg

22 minutes ago, •◡• said:

I can't see it but the power is out around me, anybody else in California in that huge area? I've got 73% and two or more days of this... I should only use my phone for important things. So I obviously checked AVEN.

I am.  There have been some power outages around me, but luckily I haven't been affected yet.  The strong winds that were predicted in my area haven't come.  

• Like 1

I'm totally shut down but those winds aren't here either

last night I had the worst nightmare, in this nightmare I came out to my mom and she was mad at me for being ace. I know that my mom has told me before she doesn’t care if I’m hetro or homo but I just don’t want to have the dreaded  “you haven’t met the right person speech”. Idk but now I’m a little shook. 

• Like 1

When I came out my dad suggested that I go to therapy. He's super nice and accepting, he just didn't understand. It was strange because I came out as ace and non-binary at the same time, he just dismissed the whole NB thing and focused on me being ace. I was not expecting that. I still don't know wether or not I'll go to therapy. That'll be interesting

3 hours ago, •◡• said:

When I came out my dad suggested that I go to therapy. He's super nice and accepting, he just didn't understand. It was strange because I came out as ace and non-binary at the same time, he just dismissed the whole NB thing and focused on me being ace. I was not expecting that. I still don't know wether or not I'll go to therapy. That'll be interesting

Oh I’m hoping that my parents will take it well when i get up the nerve to tell them that I am ace. I think my aunt will understand though. I already know that my asexuality does not conflict with my religion. 

Celestial_Strawberry

I'm honestly scared to come out to my parents. I have no idea how they're going to react. I come from a super religious family so I don't think they'll quite understand it. I don't know when I'll do it, but I want to come out to them eventually. I'm very close with them, so I don't want to feel like I'm hiding this big part of my life from them, but it's going to have to be that way until I work up the courage and confidence to tell them. Fortunately, though, I was able to come out to my brother. He was really accepting, and I kind of expected him to be, but it was nice to finally tell someone about it, especially in my family. I heard that National Coming Out Day is tomorrow, and while I'm not ready to come out to my parents, I just want to be grateful for the people who I have been able to come out to. If anyone is planning on coming out soon, I wish you the best of luck! ❤️ 

• Like 2

I’m worried about coming out to my parents too. They’re not homophobic exactly, but my mom literally told me when I was a kid that being gay is a choice. And, a few years ago, when my brother was like 7 or 8 he was watching some show where two women were kissing and my mom made him stop watching it. She said it was “inappropriate” although she was fine with him watching shows where straight people were painfully obviously having sex. I’m gay (homoromantic) as well as ace so that was especially annoying, mainly because I couldn’t argue about it with her because I didn’t want to put myself. I have no idea how I’m going to come out to them

54 minutes ago, Star... said:

I’m gay (homoromantic) as well as ace

I'm in the same situation here of being gay and ace, I have to hit my parents with a double-whammy of no grandchildren. But, I'm going to come out tomorrow, I have a whole detailed plan set into place, I just finished setting everything up! I literally took every single ace/gay related drawing I have and stuck them to my walls. I mixed in a few regular drawings to make the ACE a little less "in your face". I'm going to find a way to get my mom upstairs tomorrow and show her my drawings instead of having to explain it all to her. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Celestial_Strawberry said:

I'm honestly scared to come out to my parents. I have no idea how they're going to react. I come from a super religious family so I don't think they'll quite understand it. I don't know when I'll do it, but I want to come out to them eventually. I'm very close with them, so I don't want to feel like I'm hiding this big part of my life from them, but it's going to have to be that way until I work up the courage and confidence to tell them. Fortunately, though, I was able to come out to my brother. He was really accepting, and I kind of expected him to be, but it was nice to finally tell someone about it, especially in my family. I heard that National Coming Out Day is tomorrow, and while I'm not ready to come out to my parents, I just want to be grateful for the people who I have been able to come out to. If anyone is planning on coming out soon, I wish you the best of luck! ❤️ 

Me to, I'm really scared but really want them to accept me, I'm more worried about them being transphobic, because I'm non binary. Also when I came out as asexual they just told me I would grow out of it (it was about three years ago). Like I might not even say about the pan-grey-romantic part of the picture. But I don't have a sibling to come out to so yeah...

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Gethealien said:

But I don't have a sibling to come out to so yeah...

I have a sister but she’s four years younger than me and hardly understands that some people gay let alone ace (and gay). It would be so awkward to come out to her since she would probably just say that she doesn’t know what that means and walk away cause it’s not her problem. 

58 minutes ago, Koala Hufflepuff said:

I have a sister but she’s four years younger than me and hardly understands that some people gay let alone ace (and gay). It would be so awkward to come out to her since she would probably just say that she doesn’t know what that means and walk away cause it’s not her problem. 

Yeah that's kinda annoying