Teen Corner

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, there, everyone.

Let's all, please, remember the TOS about being respectful towards other members, each others' different viewpoints, etc. without swearing at each other, vigilante modding (i.e. ordering other members around), etc.

Just a friendly reminder that if there is/are a post(s) that concern you, that the TOS mentions notifying Admods for help through PM or AVEN's report system.

Thank you.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

Comrade Kitty

I really like quizlet. And I don't have tests at school. I am already good at memorizing things, but it just makes it slightly more enjoyable. Especially for things I don't enjoy as much. 

Also, is it just me, or are other people really excited for school to start? 

• Like 1
Alawyn-Aebt
1 hour ago, AuraKitty said:

I am excited, but I always loved school, and I love college even more.

• Like 2
Miss_Bookworm

Advanced issues found

Yeah, I'm really excited too! I got to choose almost all of my classes for once, so I'm excited to take them.

6 hours ago, PaxArrow said:

Quizlet live or kahoot?

my school uses them both, but I honestly prefer Kahoot. A) you can choose your name and B) it's really fun when you win by a bunch of points. (I once won a Greek Mythology Kahoot and I was well over 22,000 points ahead of the next person😂)

• Like 2

I'm more interested in making friends than school work.

It's hard finding people who actually get in depth conversations or hangout with these days.

• Like 3
Comrade Kitty

Advanced issues found

2 hours ago, ColeHW said:

It's hard finding people who actually get in depth conversations or hangout with these days.

I'm sorry you feel that way. I was lucky to get a good group of friends.

7 hours ago, ColeHW said:

I'm more interested in making friends than school work.

Same. My college is small, they all went to high school together. They seem to stick together, making friends will probably take time

• Like 1
Comrade Kitty

I feel like everybody here is going into college.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, AuraKitty said:

I am both excited and nervous. I tend to be more of a nervous person in general and am having some difficulty mentally preparing myself for the coming change but I'm also excited to make wonderful friends, join awesome clubs, and learn really interesting things.

I've been lucky in that I have a very nice group of friends- but I don't want to go back because when I do I'll be bombarded with tests.

Hayis4horses
19 hours ago, AuraKitty said:

I am not excited at all. If summer got extended for another 2 years, that would be so nice.

2 hours ago, AuraKitty said:

It seems like a lot are, but I'm just going to 11th grade.

• Like 1
Comrade Kitty

Advanced issues found

8 hours ago, Anrion said:

but I don't want to go back because when I do I'll be bombarded with tests.

Haha, my  school doesn't have tests

• Like 1
On 7/22/2019 at 5:54 PM, AuraKitty said:

I'm so excited. I don't really do things outside of school and can't wait to actually learn something again.

• Like 1
Comrade Kitty

I have gotten a bunch of people saying that I am crazy for wanting school to start back. But I felt like here would be more school nerdy people. I think I was right. (I'm not trying to be mean when I say nerdy. I just mean like people who do enjoy school and are good at it)

• Like 3
On 7/22/2019 at 8:54 PM, AuraKitty said:

I mean, with all the summer work I get I might as well just be back in school

Edited by PaxArrow
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, PaxArrow said:

I mean, with all the summer work I get I might as well just be back in school

me too, I'm working ~40hr a week rn and it's horrible sometimes...

Alawyn-Aebt

@PaxArrow I just realized no one welcomed you yet, you kind of just popped up.

Welcome to AVEN!

🍰🍰🍰

Comrade Kitty

Welcome @DBlack. It is a common thing to welcome people here with cake.

cf35c29677a56f17349bfcc25bb97bac.jpg

Miss_Bookworm

Advanced issues found

On 7/23/2019 at 4:12 PM, Hayis4horses said:

It seems like a lot are, but I'm just going to 11th grade.

Hey same😂

On 7/24/2019 at 4:34 PM, Aebt said:

@PaxArrow I just realized no one welcomed you yet, you kind of just popped up.

Welcome to AVEN!

🍰🍰🍰

Thank you!

Celestial_Strawberry
On 7/22/2019 at 7:54 PM, AuraKitty said:

I'm excited to see friends again, but all of the school work and getting up early, not so much. Also, just as I start to get my life together, school is coming along to take up 90% of my time again. It shouldn't be too bad this year, though.

(Also, welcome to the new people in AVEN, it's a good time here, have some cake :cake: :cake: :cake:)

Alawyn-Aebt

Anyone have any ideas for how to turn someone who has a crush on you into a possible friend? Her interests are similar to mine and we both enjoy the same board games among other things. If I think through what I want in a friend she seems to meet more friendship requirements than most do instantly, and since I lack friends presently a friend would be nice. But she does seem to have a crush on me and other people keep commenting in front of her that I should date her, which is problematic to say the least.

Anyone have any ideas (or experiences?) on how to transition someone who has a crush on you into strictly a friend without making her or anyone else suspicious?

I was going to ask her if she wanted to meet to play a board game together that we both enjoy, but then I realized she probably has a crush on me and that might be seen as a date in her mind considering the bombardment of hints for dating both of us are subject to.

13 hours ago, Aebt said:

Anyone have any ideas for how to turn someone who has a crush on you into a possible friend? Her interests are similar to mine and we both enjoy the same board games among other things. If I think through what I want in a friend she seems to meet more friendship requirements than most do instantly, and since I lack friends presently a friend would be nice. But she does seem to have a crush on me and other people keep commenting in front of her that I should date her, which is problematic to say the least.

Anyone have any ideas (or experiences?) on how to transition someone who has a crush on you into strictly a friend without making her or anyone else suspicious?

I was going to ask her if she wanted to meet to play a board game together that we both enjoy, but then I realized she probably has a crush on me and that might be seen as a date in her mind considering the bombardment of hints for dating both of us are subject to.

Honestly, that's not something you can just sneakily do. If she does have a crush on you, be upfront about not reciprocating but just say that you want to be friends with her. That leaves it to her to decide whether she wants to be your friend or whether she can't put away the crush feelings and needs to spend time away from you to try and get over the crush or something. You can't just make someone's crush disappear or "transition" them from having a crush to being a friend. The other option would be to just continue doing what you usually do and only talk about wanting to be friends and being uninterested romantically if she brings it up but with that it could lead to some communication issues if she does have a crush on you.

• Like 8
13 hours ago, Aebt said:

This girl is not a dog, you can not train her out of having a crush on you. As QG said, best course of action is to tell her the feelings are not going to be reciprocated and you want to be friends. That at least shows some respect to her as opposed to trying to subtley pick the crush out of her brain. If its rejection of friendship youre worried about, you have to have faith that she will understand and engage in friendship with you. Without that minimal faith and trust a friendship wouldnt last very long anyway. Good luck

• Like 3
purpleflavoredpi
On 7/29/2019 at 8:25 PM, Aebt said:

It's definitely possible, one of my closest friends used to have a crush on me (although I'm pretty sure it was a rebound thing tbh). Especially if you have similar interests as you said. But also as others have said you have to be straightforward about it. I absolutely hate the bad rap friend zoning gets, but what do you want, us to fake liking you that way, or get into a relationship we don't actually want to be in? Or to not be friends at all? Anyway, I'd suggest letting her know all the things you admire about her, and why you want to be friends (also does she know your ace? Regardless she should respect your decision). But yeah, show her that not wanting a relationship isn't an insult to her and she shouldn't take it that way. If she likes you, she probably also admires qualities in you that would make her want to be friends. Of course, maybe she doesn't, she wants more than you are willing to offer, and you can't control that. But good luck, that's my advice

• Like 1
Alawyn-Aebt
On 7/30/2019 at 9:43 AM, Smol Fox said:

This girl is not a dog, you can not train her out of having a crush on you.

You give me too much credit as a manipulator with that statement. I have no intention of manipulating her nor anyone else that I have compassion for, rather I am trying to endeavor through, to me, uncharted waters while not voyaging straight into a mine and it exploding in my face, her face, or an innocent bystander's face.

15 hours ago, purpleflavoredpi said:

also does she know your ace?

Thank you for the advice purplepi. No she does not, no one does besides my parents who know I have never felt sexual desire and my sister who knows I have no interest in dating or a normal romantic connection. The only think she knows is that I do not make sex jokes, unlike the others her and I interact with.

On 7/23/2019 at 1:18 PM, AuraKitty said:

I'm not.

at least that's my secret plan no one but my sister knows about.