Teen Corner

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, there, everyone.

Let's all, please, remember the TOS about being respectful towards other members, each others' different viewpoints, etc. without swearing at each other, vigilante modding (i.e. ordering other members around), etc.

Just a friendly reminder that if there is/are a post(s) that concern you, that the TOS mentions notifying Admods for help through PM or AVEN's report system.

Thank you.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

57 minutes ago, mexicanpotato said:

My friends don't know that I'm ace, but they are starting thinking that I'm a lesbian (btw, I would definitely have a QPR with a girl)

Soooo, they still make weird sexual comments around me

I don't even know what my friends think I am. I only know that one of them is starting to become pretty desperate because I've never had anything close to a relationship. There's this one boy who I've had a class with and talked to ONCE and now she's pretty convinced of the fact that we should end up together. If it makes her happy...

• Like 2

As far as I’m concerned i make sure people assume I’m not interested in anyone. 

• Like 1
Julia Schwartz
On 5/8/2019 at 10:13 PM, asexual bean said:

i will Never understand american school system 

Even us Americans don't understand the American school system. Our teachers don't. The government definitely doesn't. It's like a wild animal that keeps everyone guessing.

• Like 5
Julia Schwartz
On 5/11/2019 at 4:07 AM, Kylan Velpa said:

Wow I was expecting conversation to be far more ace-based! X3

Well I have a question for anyone who is willing to answer.

What is your status as an ace? Are you labelling yourself until further notice like I plan to, or is it more permanent?

I'm 16 and idk if anyone's in a similar situation here? Or been through such a time.

I recently turned 16 and I feel similsrly conflicted. I think I've finally convinced myself that I'm ace, but romantic orientation is still baffling. Personally, I'm waiting until the day (if it comes) that I know for sure, because I'm super indecisive and scared of committing to something I'm not positive about, but I think picking a label and changing it if it changes is equally good.

Also, conversation on here is like a roller coaster, it goes in every direction for a while but always comes back to ace topics 

• Like 1
Julia Schwartz
4 hours ago, mexicanpotato said:

My friends don't know that I'm ace, but they are starting thinking that I'm a lesbian (btw, I would definitely have a QPR with a girl)

Soooo, they still make weird sexual comments around me

Same!! Although I did finally tell a few, and they STILL make weird sexual comments and think I'm a lesbian. I don't know how the conclusion was reached...

• Like 1
Julia Schwartz

Also, welcome to everyone new!!! I see lots of new icons, and it's great to have you all 🍰🍰

• Like 2
mexicanpotato
19 hours ago, Julia Schwartz said:

Same!! Although I did finally tell a few, and they STILL make weird sexual comments and think I'm a lesbian. I don't know how the conclusion was reached...

So, we both turned 16 recently and our friends think we're lesbian and don't have any idea of how we got there hhaha

• Like 5
Hayis4horses

I kinda feel that my auntie thinks I'm not ace. I kinda feel like she thinks I'm lesbian from something she said yesterday. She was talking about relationships and not letting people walk all over you and I said, "you should talk to my sister" and then she responded, "I'm talking about boys and girls" and then I said "but you should still talk to her" and she said "I'm sure she can hear" cuz my sister was not that far away. It kinda sounded as if she thought I was wanting my straight sister to hear this talk because she thought I thought it didn't apply to me because she thought I'm lesbian. Maybe I'm just reading too much into this, tho. I just couldn't help thinking that was her thought process because of what she had said previously when I told her I thought I was probably asexual, a little less than a year ago. She said that it is such a small percentage, and I'm still young, and it can change. I know none of those are saying that I am not ace, but it didn't sound exactly like she believed me. Anyway, later in the conversation about relationships, she said that this applies to all kinds of relationships including friendships, too, so....

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Hayis4horses said:

I kinda feel that my auntie thinks I'm not ace. I kinda feel like she thinks I'm lesbian from something she said yesterday. She was talking about relationships and not letting people walk all over you and I said, "you should talk to my sister" and then she responded, "I'm talking about boys and girls" and then I said "but you should still talk to her" and she said "I'm sure she can hear" cuz my sister was not that far away. It kinda sounded as if she thought I was wanting my straight sister to hear this talk because she thought I thought it didn't apply to me because she thought I'm lesbian. Maybe I'm just reading too much into this, tho. I just couldn't help thinking that was her thought process because of what she had said previously when I told her I thought I was probably asexual, a little less than a year ago. She said that it is such a small percentage, and I'm still young, and it can change. I know none of those are saying that I am not ace, but it didn't sound exactly like she believed me. Anyway, later in the conversation about relationships, she said that this applies to all kinds of relationships including friendships, too, so....

My whole family is like that too, kind of implying that I'm lesbian, maybe to try and encourage me to speak up/come out or something... but I'm not lesbian so it's just awkward.

• Like 2
The Incarnation Of Boredom
On 5/18/2019 at 2:41 PM, Julia Schwartz said:

I recently turned 16 and I feel similsrly conflicted. I think I've finally convinced myself that I'm ace, but romantic orientation is still baffling. Personally, I'm waiting until the day (if it comes) that I know for sure, because I'm super indecisive and scared of committing to something I'm not positive about, but I think picking a label and changing it if it changes is equally good.

Also, conversation on here is like a roller coaster, it goes in every direction for a while but always comes back to ace topics 

Yeah. I know I'm ace but I'm very unsure about my romantic orientation because I think I've liked girls a few times but I honestly don't really know, so I can't tell if I'm heteroromantic, Biromantic, or panromantic tbh. I'm just saying I'm Biromantic for the moment.

• Like 5
Miss_Bookworm
On 5/18/2019 at 5:36 PM, Julia Schwartz said:

Even us Americans don't understand the American school system. Our teachers don't. The government definitely doesn't. It's like a wild animal that keeps everyone guessing.

Nothing truer has ever been said

• Like 2

Apparently some of my friends think that I’m aro and have 0 interest in ever dating. Others think that I’m gay becuase I can’t think of a person that I think is “hot”.

• Like 2
mexicanpotato
14 minutes ago, Darth Plagueis the Wise said:

Apparently some of my friends think that I’m aro and have 0 interest in ever dating. Others think that I’m gay becuase I can’t think of a person that I think is “hot”.

You have just resumed my entire life

• Like 1

I'm in this weird place where I always drop hints about being ace and openly show my rejection towards le Sex™ but also I would never ever tell them directly "hey I'm asexual". It's like I hope they will figure it out themselves haha. 

• Like 7
purpleflavoredpi
2 hours ago, laokatok said:

I'm in this weird place where I always drop hints about being ace and openly show my rejection towards le Sex™ but also I would never ever tell them directly "hey I'm asexual". It's like I hope they will figure it out themselves haha. 

Exactly me. I think I'm gonna tell one person in june, just to be able to talk to someone about it, but haven't really made up my mind. kinda fun hinting at it though

• Like 3
mexicanpotato

Turns out that my friends at my classroom talk about sex A LOT, and I act like I'm interested and understand all (I understand like 90% of what they say) and its so uncomfortable to me

• Like 3

All my friends talked about was anime and life. 

• Like 2
asexual bean

some of my classmates mentioned asexuality these days. BUT they confused it with intersexuality i think (they said if someone was asexual they would be asexuated (????) but luckly someone mentioned that its actually about not wanting to have sex. its still not quite right, but at least its something :') 

• Like 3
On 5/18/2019 at 1:28 PM, laokatok said:

I don't even know what my friends think I am. I only know that one of them is starting to become pretty desperate because I've never had anything close to a relationship. There's this one boy who I've had a class with and talked to ONCE and now she's pretty convinced of the fact that we should end up together. If it makes her happy...

This is so accurate, I think my friends have realized I'm not straight but I have no idea what they think I am. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, asexual bean said:

some of my classmates mentioned asexuality these days. BUT they confused it with intersexuality i think (they said if someone was asexual they would be asexuated (????) but luckly someone mentioned that its actually about not wanting to have sex. its still not quite right, but at least its something :') 

At least your classmates don't laugh about asexuality. Mine do things like, for example, we were on a school trip and one of the most heterosexual guys there was jokingly trying to convince the teachers to let him stay in the girls' side of the camp by saying that he was asexual.

• Like 1
mexicanpotato
13 hours ago, Lbelaqua said:

This is so accurate, I think my friends have realized I'm not straight but I have no idea what they think I am. 

Mine think I'm a lesbian, at least they know I'm not straight

But I don't think they would understand that I would be with a girl but without kisses and sex, pretty sure they'll confuse that with a FRIENDSHIP

• Like 4
purpledragonsenpai
18 hours ago, Lbelaqua said:

At least your classmates don't laugh about asexuality. Mine do things like, for example, we were on a school trip and one of the most heterosexual guys there was jokingly trying to convince the teachers to let him stay in the girls' side of the camp by saying that he was asexual.

Wow, that sucks. I am lucky to go to a school where most of the LBGT kids are accepted with minimal mocking. People really shouldn't joke about that kind of stuff.

• Like 2

hey, this is highkey off topic but does anyone want to be internet friends? kinda want to talk to some new people :) 

• Like 3
mexicanpotato
11 hours ago, ferris said:

hey, this is highkey off topic but does anyone want to be internet friends? kinda want to talk to some new people :) 

Hello, I want friends

• Like 4
purpledragonsenpai
20 hours ago, ferris said:

Hello comrade I, too, desire friends.

• Like 2
Julia Schwartz
20 hours ago, ferris said:

I three would like friends 

• Like 1
mexicanpotato

Yessss let's all be internet friends...but I don't know your names

Mine is Fernanda but you can call me Fer :)

• Like 3
mexicanpotato
5 hours ago, TheNerd said:

I fourth it? Hey guys, I'm new

Hello new person, welcome to aceland where we eat cake and ramble a lot

• Like 2

Thanks my dudes : ) what social medias / texting thingys do you have? I'll give you my usernames

• Like 1