Teen Corner

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, there, everyone.

Let's all, please, remember the TOS about being respectful towards other members, each others' different viewpoints, etc. without swearing at each other, vigilante modding (i.e. ordering other members around), etc.

Just a friendly reminder that if there is/are a post(s) that concern you, that the TOS mentions notifying Admods for help through PM or AVEN's report system.

Thank you.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

6 minutes ago, LadyGagaIsMyGod said:

@ColeHW I’ve heard people mention lucid dreaming but I’m not entirely sure what it means?

It's where people know they are dreaming I guess.

• Like 1
no-longer-in-use
31 minutes ago, LadyGagaIsMyGod said:

@ColeHW I’ve heard people mention lucid dreaming but I’m not entirely sure what it means?

It's where people are aware that they're in a dream and can consequently control their dream.

• Like 1

It sounds really cool-- unfortunately, I don't dream/remember my dreams very frequently, so I didn't have a lot to add. 

I have a strange question that people don't have to answer if they don't want to-- do any of you ever have dreams that involve sex? Like, I've had dreams where the primary thought is how much I don't want to have sex, and I thought it was a little funny because it was like my body was like "she's a teenager, time for a sex dream" and my little ace brain was like "wait, what?" and a dream about not wanting to have sex was the best it could manage. However, I've always wondered what it's like for you all... is that a common thing? 

An episode from a podcast that I'm mad about comes out tomorrow, and I'm really exited. I briefly considered staying up 'till midnight, but I don't think I'll be very happy with myself in the morning if I do that. Does anyone listen to King Falls AM? Because if you're into podcasts/audio dramas, I highly recommend it. To be fair, I only listen to two podcasts, but still. It's amazing, and, I won't spoil it for you, but it's got a few really well developed queer characters, and the writing is amazing. 

• Like 1

Nope even if I did,

I can't remember any of my dreams or memories easily for some reason.

Asexual_Goddess

I’ve haven’t had one before, but it means that you know you are dreaming in a dream.

14 hours ago, LadyGagaIsMyGod said:

Julia Schwartz
12 hours ago, Athena32 said:

An episode from a podcast that I'm mad about comes out tomorrow, and I'm really exited. I briefly considered staying up 'till midnight, but I don't think I'll be very happy with myself in the morning if I do that. Does anyone listen to King Falls AM? Because if you're into podcasts/audio dramas, highly recommend it. To be fair, I only listen to two podcasts, but still. It's amazing, and, I won't spoil it for you, but it's got a few really well developed queer characters, and the writing is amazing. 

I will now! I love podcasts, it's such a unique style of storytelling. What's rhe other one you listen to, out of curiosity?

I honestly am interested in podcasts but just like how i am about anime,

I'm pretty picky.

2 hours ago, fruoup said:

Had a piece of banana thrown at me today

Sounds like a food fight invitation to me 😁.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Julia Schwartz said:

What's the other one you listen to, out of curiosity?

Wolf 359- my cousin recommended it to me and I love it. The sound effects are so realistic it's almost creepy, and the characters are really vibrant. Also, it's completely over, so I can marathon it at my whim. 

@fruoup, that sucks. Sorry that people are throwing stuff at you... Would a piece of cake make it better? :cake::cake::cake:

• Like 1
Asexual_Goddess
4 hours ago, fruoup said:

Had a piece of banana thrown at me today, fortunately whoever threw it “accidentally” missed their mark (Quotes because they were probably just trying to scare me, not hit)

One time my friend walked up to me in a full body purple  telletubby costume, threw an avocado at one of my best friends, yelled “the dark lord has risen” and scampered away.... this actually happened, I went to an interesting school..🤣😂

• Like 4
AllTimeBubble
11 hours ago, ConfusedQueer1 said:

One time my friend walked up to me in a full body purple  telletubby costume, threw an avocado at one of my best friends, yelled “the dark lord has risen” and scampered away.... this actually happened, I went to an interesting school..🤣😂

Wow 👏👏👏😂😂That's friend goals 

• Like 2

Reminds me of how my high school allowed costumes on Halloween and I saw pikachus, tacos, vampires, someone crossdressing just for the hell of it.

And then I dressed up as Gregory house and faked a limp.

• Like 3
AllTimeBubble
Just now, ColeHW said:

Reminds me of how my high school allowed costumes on Halloween and I saw pikachus, tacos, vampires, someone crossdressing just for the hell of it.

And then I dressed up as Gregory house and faked a limp.

That's amazing, my school barely allowed non-uniform days when I was in the younger years

• Like 1
Just now, AllTimeBubble said:

That's amazing, my school barely allowed non-uniform days when I was in the younger years

My high school was pretty relaxed about dress codes as long as it isn't inappropriate, distracting, shows too much skin, no hats or hoodies.

I normally dressed in polo and some jeans while unshaven (my mustache is very clear and thus not seeable to most people)

• Like 3
AllTimeBubble
Just now, ColeHW said:

My high school was pretty relaxed about dress codes as long as it isn't inappropriate, distracting, shows too much skin, no hats or hoodies.

I normally dressed in polo and some jeans while unshaven (my mustache is very clear and thus not seeable to most people)

I wish mine was like that, it's not so strict now I'm in Sixth Form, but we still have to wear full uniform, no jeans for me ☹😂

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, AllTimeBubble said:

I wish mine was like that, it's not so strict now I'm in Sixth Form, but we still have to wear full uniform, no jeans for me ☹😂

That high school was the best.

We had a GSA, the school defended the LGBT and ace/aro students from bullies with zero tolerance, decent dress codes and they treated staff and teachers with pretty good pay.

• Like 4
confused_being
16 hours ago, fruoup said:

Had a piece of banana thrown at me today, fortunately whoever threw it “accidentally” missed their mark (Quotes because they were probably just trying to scare me, not hit)

^^This is the first thing I see when I finally decided to join the convo 😂

• Like 2
FatherCockrel
22 hours ago, fruoup said:

What a waste of banana

• Like 2
FatherCockrel
6 hours ago, AllTimeBubble said:

I actually like my school uniform, my blazer has a lot of storage space and it's comfortable.

• Like 2
Asexual_Goddess

My school has no uniform, and the dress code is relatively lax, some people even wear onesies to school😂

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, ConfusedQueer1 said:

My school has no uniform, and the dress code is relatively lax, some people even wear onesies to school😂

And apparently a college I want to go to allows students to walk around the campus in pyjamas.

🤣

• Like 2
FatherCockrel
8 hours ago, ConfusedQueer1 said:

Isn't it weird having to wear different clothes to school every day?

• Like 2
AllTimeBubble
10 hours ago, Kaanjana said:

I actually like my school uniform, my blazer has a lot of storage space and it's comfortable.

That's good, lots of pockets are always good 

• Like 1
AllTimeBubble
9 hours ago, ConfusedQueer1 said:

Wow, that's goals right there 😂

• Like 1
AllTimeBubble
16 hours ago, ColeHW said:

That high school was the best.

We had a GSA, the school defended the LGBT and ace/aro students from bullies with zero tolerance, decent dress codes and they treated staff and teachers with pretty good pay.

That's amazing! 

• Like 3
On 1/15/2019 at 11:37 PM, fruoup said:

Depending on your skin colour, that could be taken as a highly offensive racial insult. 

If so, kudos to you for ignoring it

• Like 1

My school is extremely wierd fun. We don't have any dress codes whatsoever. In fact, we have costume competitions all the time, and once a year we have this game where everyone who are in it gets a piece of paper with another contestants name on it and then they're supposed to find this person and "murder" them with a special item that has been announced before. Each week another item and a "protection item" is added. Last year for example the first murder weapon was a banana, but you couldn't get killed if you wore a bicycle helmet, so everyone had a helmet and a banana on them for weeks. 

My school was also the first to organize a pride parade in our city, and are EXTREMELY active in their defence of any LGBTQ+ people in and outside the school.

• Like 4