Teen Corner

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, there, everyone.

Let's all, please, remember the TOS about being respectful towards other members, each others' different viewpoints, etc. without swearing at each other, vigilante modding (i.e. ordering other members around), etc.

Just a friendly reminder that if there is/are a post(s) that concern you, that the TOS mentions notifying Admods for help through PM or AVEN's report system.

Thank you.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

Although I did have it done at the hairdressers.

dragon_nerd

I have dip dyed my hair red with food colouring on multiple occasions. I find that it doesn't damage your hair, it changes colour every time you wash it (as more of the dye washes out and because it washes out) if I do it at the beginning of the summer holiday when I return to school in september none of the teachers can notice (dyed hair is banned at my school). However because it washes out you have to be careful to use dark towels. 

Also I have dark brown hair with ginger in it (my mum is brown haired and my dad ginger/strawberry blond, I seem to have gotten a bit of both, you can only see the ginger when I'm in the sun). The ends have also faded due to sun damage.

As to how to look after long hair, keep it away from the sun, chlorinated pool water, hair dryers, the hair dressers and hit the genetic jackpot.

• Like 2

If I was to dye my hair I'd probably dye it black, even though it looks black when it's wet it's brown in the sun and I don't like it 😐 I do often opt for colourful extensions when I do my braids though. They're red-ish at the moment, the next ones will be blonde I think.

• Like 1

I'm curious, who here has Skype?

Maybe_Im_Ace
1 minute ago, OhDearyMe! said:

I have Skype!

2 minutes ago, OhDearyMe! said:

Me, I'm allisonp84.

Just now, Maybe_Im_Ace said:

I have Skype!

Yay! Pming you my Skype rn x

1 minute ago, TheAP said:

Me, I'm allisonp84.

adding you this instance (my profile has a pigeon)

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, OhDearyMe! said:

btw, the reason why I'm asking about this is because I thought it might be cool to have a group of teen aces on Skype. And it might be more human to see each others faces

• Like 3
Maybe_Im_Ace
1 minute ago, OhDearyMe! said:

btw, the reason why I'm asking about this is because I thought it might be cool to have a group of teen aces on Skype. And it might be more human to see each others faces

Yeah, that’s a good idea :)

• Like 1

if you don't want to put your Skype name on here you can pm me 

On 7/11/2018 at 9:12 AM, Hayis4horses said:

I use more natural stuff, so the chemicals don't damage. I don't think I will be dying my hair again, soon, though.

Interesting, I was wondering how natural products like henna work, especially since my neighbor used some and her hair turned out good! I don't care as much with my hair because it is pretty thick and I try to avoid heat damage, but I think in the future I would definitely try them out.

On 7/11/2018 at 12:07 PM, OhDearyMe! said:

Funny you should talk about it now cuz I literally just dip-dyed my hair orange. And I'm actually really happy with how it turned out. It's my best colour yet. When I was about 13 I had my ends purple and red. Meh. They were okay. Orange is bae though

Yeeees orange is bae i agree :D

On 7/12/2018 at 12:35 PM, Cee Fox said:

If I was to dye my hair I'd probably dye it black, even though it looks black when it's wet it's brown in the sun and I don't like it 😐 I do often opt for colourful extensions when I do my braids though. They're red-ish at the moment, the next ones will be blonde I think.

That sounds like a good way to have color without dye, I bet it looks awesome!! 

• Like 2

I used to bleach the front half of my hair and then dye it when I was in fourth grade, but I got tired of the damage, so I stopped. Now I use specially formulated dye designed for dark hair, which makes the color harder to distinguish from black but damages my hair less. My whole head is currently a weird coppery color. It used to be purple but the dye is starting to wash out. I’d love to get my hands on some permanent over dark dye in a color I like, but my mom hasn’t been able to find it.

I would dye my hair but Most English schools and Collages are super strict with that so I’ve never had the opportunity 

Does anyone have any advice for trying to find a romantic relationship as a nonbinary ace teen who experiences romantic attraction rarely and who has a hard time distinguishing between romantic and platonic attraction? I'm getting really tired of being single.

On 7/6/2018 at 7:43 AM, Julia Schwartz said:

I'm so sorry, that was incredibly rude and insensitive of me. I'm lucky that my parents are open to even some identities.

It's completely fine, I wasn't offended all.

Plus, my problems don't make your problems less. :)

I dyed my hair a ginger/copper color last year and I was happy about how it came out :)

it was really orange at the beginning, but after some shampooing it became the ginger I liked  *^*   And as time went on, it just became a ginger/brown lighter at the end.

I'll see if I have some pictures to show

NotFlamboyant

I would like to dye my hair in a ginger copper color but I can't for now because I go to a strict Catholic school. I'll dye it after graduating from school then. 

Great Blue Heron

What does it say about me that I'm less than halfway through summer vacation and I already miss school?

To be fair, I am going to the high school I've dreamed about for half a decade, but this feeling occurs around now every year . . .

• Like 3

Guys I was just wondering do any of your schools have a lgbtq+ group? And if yes do any of you attend? I was wondering because I heard that some people in my year wanted to start one and I was thinking that if they did if it's a good thing to go or not, especially when your not out to many people?

3 minutes ago, Jazzashark said:

Guys I was just wondering do any of your schools have a lgbtq+ group? And if yes do any of you attend? I was wondering because I heard that some people in my year wanted to start one and I was thinking that if they did if it's a good thing to go or not, especially when your not out to many people?

I do have one. It's under the name Diversity club.

My school has a GSA, and I worked with them a lot in the beginning of last year in organizing a drag show. However, there was drama that was partially started by the advisor, so I stopped going because I just didn't want to anymore. The advisor is moving to another school, so I hope it'll be better this year. (I plan to start an Asexual Awareness Week, and I'm so exited!!!)

You can always go as an ally, or just don't say what you identify as. If they have you go around in a circle and say name, pronoun, and identity, just say the first two and move on. Or you can say you're ace, because, if it's the kind of club that's worth your time, they should respect that. As far as whether or not it's a good thing to go, you have no obligation to do anything. Different groups have different focuses, and if you find that you prefer an activism-focused group better than more of a support group, than that's fine. 

Hayis4horses
3 hours ago, Jazzashark said:

My school has a GSA (Gender Sexuality Association or Alliance or something that starts with A). I never have gone because it is a predominantly white club (not trying to be offensive, it just can feel weird, even if I look white because I'm mixed), it is on my only free day, and my BFF wouldn't want to come with me. I might go next year depending on my schedule and one of my friend's willingness to come with me.

Julia Schwartz
On 7/13/2018 at 1:05 PM, OhDearyMe! said:

Oh dear, I'm late, but this sounds amazing! My parents will let me get Skype, but I don't know how to Mae it work properly. Could someone more tech-savvy help me out?

On 7/13/2018 at 11:56 AM, OhDearyMe! said:

*Raises hand* I do, Untraceable Barosaur I think?

On 7/15/2018 at 9:15 AM, fruoup said:

...I’m back. that was fun

Welcome back @fruoup! How was camp?

On 7/19/2018 at 4:50 PM, Jazzashark said:

My school has a GSA, and I’ve been going to meetings consistently since the beginning of sophomore year. (I’m a rising junior, and I plan to stay in the club until I graduate.) In addition to meetings, we have a group chat that I’m fairly active in. I think that if you want to go, you should, unless you’re worried about your parents somehow finding out. As far as I know, none of the kids who were in my classes this past year had any idea I went to GSA meetings. However, we did take a yearbook photo as a club, so anyone who looked at the club photos may have noticed. Whether or not you can be a part of a GSA without your classmates knowing probably depends on your school.

Thanks guys! I like the idea of maybe saying I'm an ally if I don't feel comfortable saying I'm ace😊 I'm sorry that some of you guys GSAs didn't completely work out or you don't feel comfortable going but I suppose that's why we have this place!😅😄

• Like 1
CatsClubsNCake

Hey, guys....

I don't know if this is really appropriate, but....

Here's a thought: let's make me an asexual representer 

I think we should have one so the world knows we exist 😂😂😂

Jokes aside, share my music with people, and we'll see how this goes (???):

https://youtu.be/3GPHnNnc7tA

• Like 1