new academic paper-- commentary on Brotto & Yule's recent sexual orientation paper

Chasin

My commentary on Brotto & Yule's (2016) paper came out in November. I forgot to make a post about this then, so here it is:

• Chasin, C. D. (2016). Considering asexuality as a sexual orientation and implications for acquired female sexual arousal/interest disorder. Archives of Sexual Behavior [online first]. doi:10.1007/s10508-016-0893-1. Available through the publisher here. [You can read the full text without a paywall-- but not download it-- online here <== link fixed.]

For some context, my paper is a commentary on:

• Brotto, L. A., & Yule, M. (2016). Asexuality: Sexual orientation, paraphilia, sexual dysfunction, or none of the above? Archives of Sexual Behavior [online first]. doi:10.1007/s10508-016-0802-7. Available through the publisher here. Or to read the first page online without a paywall here.

These (below) are the other commentaries on Brotto & Yule's paper that I have seen so far (though there may be additional ones forthcoming-- I am not in a position to know that):

• Bogaert, A. F. (2016).What asexuality tells us about sexuality. Archives of Sexual Behavior [online first]. doi:10.1007/s10508-016-0892-2. Available through the publisher here or to read the first page online without a paywall here.

• Cranney, S. (2016).Does asexuality meet the stability criterion for a sexual orientation? Archives of Sexual Behavior [online first]. doi:10.1007/s10508-016-0887-z. Available through the publisher here. Or to read the first page online without a paywall here.

• Scherrer, K. S., & Pfeffer, C. A. (2016). None of the above: Toward identity and community-based understandings of (a)sexualities. Archives of Sexual Behavior [online first]. doi: 10.1007/s10508-016-0900-6. Available through the publisher here or to read the first page online without a paywall here.

• Van Houdenhove, E., Enzlin, P. & Gijs, L. (2017). A positive approach toward asexuality: Some first steps, but still a long way to go. Archives of Sexual Behavior [online first]. doi:10.1007/s10508-016-0921-1. Available through the publisher here or to read the first page online without a paywall here.

[Note: All of these papers will all be assigned to one single issue of Archives of Sexual Behavior, but that hasn't happened yet (i.e., so far, they are all "online first"). This forthcoming issue will also most likely include a response from Brotto & Yule to the commentaries on their original target article.]

cleardot.gif

scarletlatitude

<3 Thanks for all of the links! 

Thanks for the links! These look really interesting.

It looks like the readcube links I posted for the various articles just let people read the first page. That actually makes  more sense than how I'd understood it originally. I've updated the descriptive phrasing in my post to reflect that.

I've also fixed the link to mine, for the purpose of academic study. 

If you have trouble with access, please pm / email me.

Archived