Appearing On "The Situation with Tucker Carleson"

AVENguy

I thought our segment wouldn't be on 'til 11:40?

Sorry, I forogt david said we were gonna be on at 11:40, or 8:40 East coast time.

I just turned to MSNBC and saw that Abstinence and they Asexuals are listed as topics, so they'll probably get to Asexuals at 9:40 MST. I'll record it on VHS, but I can't really convert that to any computer watchable format...

We're on tonight. I'm watching it right now.

Shit, I called my Mom to discuss some stuff and I got caught on the phone so I missed it. :(

NeitherSparky

They say its the next story, and it's not 40 past yet, only 30 past. So tune in now if you were waiting for 40 past!

Did you notice when they were showing a sneak peek for our part, before they went to commercial, they used film from some type of religious footage?

LostPenguin

Gah. Wish I'd known it was on before now. Had my mother tune in and start taping it but the segment had already started (about 8:38, I think). If it comes down to it, I could probably record it using my digital camera, but that'll be extremely ghetto. Consider me the last resort, especially since I've now missed who knows how much from the beginning of it. :oops:

NeitherSparky

David, please cure diabetes before you focus on cancer. :)

It was a very good segment, I am always amazed how people can be so disbelieving that it can be normal to not want sex. But I thought it was good.

edit: I want to finish recording the entire show, then I can make a video file of the segment if people want it.

Did you notice when they were showing a sneak peek for our part, before they went to commercial, they used film from some type of religious footage?

I was wondering about that myself, it seemed to be the video of a wedding..?

Pretty nice spot though!

*applauses* Good job, David! :D He wasn't too pushy about it, but did seem a bit confused about it. He seemed rather accepting. Yay!

LostPenguin

It looks like the show will be re-airing (at least on the west coast) at 11 pm. I'll try to catch it then.

edit: I want to finish recording the entire show, then I can make a video file of the segment if people want it.

*heart bubbles* please do! :)

glad to hear that it went so well...

Yikes! I tried recording it but I'm an idiot with VCR technology and it just ended up as a big white line continuously moving upwards. But it sounds like Sparky's got it?

I thought it was good! Tucker seemed way confused, and I would have been too, but oh well.

Just saw it (sorry Im not able to tape :( ) and rather liked it! Good job! Also, I thought this interviewer was surprisingly respectful. It appeared to me as an actual exchange of ideas for a change :)

Congratulations!

NeitherSparky

I'll have it in a little while. Er...I checked out yousendit and it wants you to specify an email. Should I plug in my alternate email? It'll still generate a link that others can use, right?

eh... it really stinks not having that much cable... anyway good job DJ for all the media stuff you do

NeitherSparky

It's uploading. It's just over 4 MBs.

edit: I'm sorry this is taking so long. :( It's been like half an hour and its still uploading. I have DSL, I thought it would be faster than this. I'll post the link asap, hopefully it will go through okay.

What'd you think? I can't believe that was six minutes, I could have compressed a lot of that. I was expecting him to cut me off more..

LostPenguin

I was impressed! :D Though it was mostly the same info that is explained on all the shows, I thought it was handled really well. I appreciated the fact that he wasn't butting in and running over every other word as some of the prior shows have... (Cough, the view, cough) Though the "How will you know unless you try it?" seemed to strike a sour note. Could be mistaken, but it'd sure as hell be understandable. I hope that in the future if 'big shows' are covering asexuality, that a representative that's had sex and can explain clearly about it can be selected... I think it'd help out a lot, since it seems to be inevitable that those questions arise during these interviews.

Great job, DJ! :D

I haven't seen it yet, I need to watch my tape, and I'll have to evict my kids from the family room, unless I watch the whole show so that they don't know why I'm watching. Although it might be a nice litmus test with the 15 year old.

I figure the more different kinds of shows that you can cover, the more people will become aware. I hadn't heard the word asexuality outside of science class until last Friday. The more people are aware the more mainstream it will seem. At least that is my hope!

Great job getting the word out!

A stellar performance! You have nothing to worry about against a guy in a bow tie. You're still the asexiest man alive.

I wanna know what was up with his hair. That was bordering on mullet territory...

But I quite liked the segment, beyond the horrible fashion sense of the host ;)

LostPenguin

Apparently the guy is well known for his bow-tie. I guess you can't dump it once you become recognizable soley on the bow-tie. I know after I forget his name, I'll remember the tie.... yegh...

Did anyone else watch past the asexuality segment? They continued talking about the segment on and off, sort of joking around about it (though most of the 'joking' was offensive to me...) I know there were some comments about "Oh, that goat cheese analogy was really good!" right after it ended, but later on in the show (towards the end) there was something said along the lines of "How about that asexual guy?" "Oh, I have a feeling he's going to be dipping sometime soon." (Dip was their word.)

:evil:

Something tells me, though, that even if you got a 90-year-old on to talk about asexuality as an asexual, they'd probably just say they hadn't had sex previously because society wasn't didn't glamorize sex the way it does nowadays, and of course they're not now, and blah-blah-blah. Ahhh, the madness of it all!

Did anyone else watch past the asexuality segment? They continued talking about the segment on and off, sort of joking around about it (though most of the 'joking' was offensive to me...) I know there were some comments about "Oh, that goat cheese analogy was really good!" right after it ended, but later on in the show (towards the end) there was something said along the lines of "How about that asexual guy?" "Oh, I have a feeling he's going to be dipping sometime soon." (Dip was their word.)

:evil:

Something tells me, though, that even if you got a 90-year-old on to talk about asexuality as an asexual, they'd probably just say they hadn't had sex previously because society wasn't didn't glamorize sex the way it does nowadays, and of course they're not now, and blah-blah-blah. Ahhh, the madness of it all!

No, I didn't watch further. What a shame they had to undercut what seemed (to me at least) a mostly reasonable discussion. Bah. :(

SuperSinger
What'd you think? I can't believe that was six minutes, I could have compressed a lot of that. I was expecting him to cut me off more..

Personally, I would have asked him HIS sexuality (since he seems to obviously be straight from some of his comments) and then ask, "Well, have you ever tried sex with a man? Maybe you'd like it!" as a rebuttle for when he asked how you know sex isn't for you since you've never tried it.

LostPenguin
Personally, I would have asked him HIS sexuality (since he seems to obviously be straight from some of his comments) and then ask, "Well, have you ever tried sex with a man? Maybe you'd like it!" as a rebuttle for when he asked how you know sex isn't for you since you've never tried it.

I think this calls for a

ZING!

Hahaha. That'd probably be considered really bad form and get AVEN spokespeople looked down upon, but yeah, that seems like the completely appropriate response. ;P

Cate Perfect
seriously, what was up with that bow tie?

I believe Jon Stewart said something similar when he was on the show. He always wears a bow tie. Jon finds this amusing.

I wasn't able to watch it but I checked the transcripts for it. Here's what was said about "dipping."

GEIST: Want to go back real quick: goat cheese analogy to sex. That was actually shocking. But I kind of...

CARLSON: It‘s so accurate. And can I say, I thought of that as we were talking. I discounted goat cheese for many years until I tried it.

GEIST: So wise. Kind of like Roquefort. It‘s a little strange.

CARLSON: Yes.

GEIST: You‘re not sure what you‘re getting into.

CARLSON: I have a feeling Mr. Jay is going to be dipping in at some point.

GEIST: He should.

---

How annoying. =/

Archived