Annoying things that aromantics say

sindi

Well, if romantics can say a thread's worth of annoying things, I'm sure aromantics can as well? :D

I don't want to date or have a boyfriend.. - Me :):D  

1 minute ago, Toothlesss said:

I don't want to date or have a boyfriend.. - Me :):D  

That's not even annoying at all :D

RavenclawFuryThingy

I'm an Aromantic and I get annoyed easily so I try not to annoy other people, unless I'm teasing them.

2 minutes ago, sindi said:

That's not even annoying at all :D

I like joking about myself- because, why not? :)  

Anyways- So, as for something annoying..

Writing is better than dating! ;)👍🏻  This opinion brought to you by the letter W! 🤓 

4 minutes ago, Toothlesss said:

Writing is better than dating! ;)👍🏻  This opinion brought to you by the letter W! 🤓 

But... it is better? :D At least I enjoy writing a lot, while I don't even date, despite being a romantic :D

"No I'm not broken"

"I'm not a sociopath"

"I'm not a robot"

"Please stop forcing me into uncomfortable romantic situations in an attempt to change me"

So annoying, amirite @Just like Jughead? :rolleyes: Who do we- I mean, those uppity aromantics think they are? 

8 minutes ago, Just like Jughead said:

Wow you guys sure showed us. 

Fine, I get it. We romantics are the annoying ones, and you aromantics can do no wrong.

5 minutes ago, ChillaKilla said:

"No I'm not broken"

"I'm not a sociopath"

"I'm not a robot"

"Please stop forcing me into uncomfortable romantic situations in an attempt to change me"

So annoying, amirite @Just like Jughead? :rolleyes: Who do we- I mean, those uppity aromantics think they are? 

Do you think it was offensive to make this thread? Then how is the thread about romantics any better?

My favorite saying that I know annoys my romantic friend is: "I don't see why romance is so important."

When it is very important to her.

On a more serious note :P

Peoples calm down :P 

"It is so unfair that my friends chooses to spend tie with their romantic partner instead of me! How dare they care about other people! I should be the most important person in their life!"

"I just think romantic relationships are a waste of time." This opinion brought to you by random dragons. :)

"Who says we don't experience love!"

Yes, I get it, the word "love" is also used for platonic love, but most of the time when people say it they mean romantic love and when they say it specifically in the context of dating, I'd say it is safe to asume that that is what it means in this situation, so it comes across to me as picking on words when you know what the other side means. But... I understand the other side, there are gonna be people who are going to think you don't feel platonic love or anything, so it's good to point it out, I would just word it differently I guess.

3 hours ago, sindi said:

Do you think it was offensive to make this thread? Then how is the thread about romantics any better?

Not offended, just saying if you can show up in our thread and complain about it then it's only fair we can do the same

Maybe: "I don't care about a relationship", "I don't want to get married", "I don't believe in love at first sight, it's bullshit and is called physical attraction", "relationships just make you lose time"- me =D

1 minute ago, ChillaKilla said:

Not offended, just saying if you can show up in our thread and complain about it then it's only fair we can do the same

I only complained about that one specific post, because it wasn't just the normal "things that you hear too often that get annoying" or "thing that shows ignorance about aromanticism" -  the person was literally saying, that anything a romantic person utters is automatically annoying to them. So, even if I tried to talk about philosophy (or whatever) with them, they'd just label my views annoying before I even open my mouth, just because I've had romantic feelings for some people before? How is that any better than racism or other forms of discrimination?

I just can't help but to notice, that many aromantics are getting defensive about this thread? Saying things that obviously are not annoying? What's up with that?

6 minutes ago, sindi said:

I just can't help but to notice, that many aromantics are getting defensive about this thread? Saying things that obviously are not annoying? What's up with that?

I don't know. I'm actually having fun poking fun at myself. 

I could see how some things us aromantics say could annoy someone who's romantic though. 

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet

"Cat memes are better then romance"

70a709b06c5e4a0da70647bdde63f8ca.jpg

Okay...only I say that :mellow:

When they call me, the grey-aro, indecisive. Like... just because you're full on aromantic does not mean you are superior to me. 

(I know not all aromantics are like this)

3 hours ago, sindi said:

I'm aromantic and other aromantics say stuff which annoys me all the time. Hell, I say stuff which annoys me. Remember that people can make fun of themselves just as much as they make fun of other people, and that just because you don't find something annoying doesn't mean other people don't too.

4 minutes ago, ohdearIzzy said:

Image result for i don't want a relationship i want a partnership

(As if this partnership is in any way different from a normal relationship)

That sounds like something an allo with label issues would say more so than an aromantic.

Just now, ChillaKilla said:

That sounds like something an allo with label issues would say more so than an aromantic.

You'd think so right? But I have seen that exact quote shared in aromantic groups before with aro people gushing all over it like it's the answer to their every desire.

2 minutes ago, ohdearIzzy said:

You'd think so right? But I have seen that exact quote shared in aromantic groups before with aro people gushing all over it like it's the answer to their every desire.

Methinks it's along the line of asexuals who overly fuss over the definitions of "attraction" vs "want" vs "desire" so they can twist the definition so that they can keep their 'asexual' label but still have sex, e.g. "Yeah I enjoy sex, but I don't feel desire towards a specific person so I'm still asexual!!"

3 minutes ago, ChillaKilla said:

Methinks it's along the line of asexuals who overly fuss over the definitions of "attraction" vs "want" vs "desire" so they can twist the definition so that they can keep their 'asexual' label but still have sex, e.g. "Yeah I enjoy sex, but I don't feel desire towards a specific person so I'm still asexual!!"

I completely agree. And damn is it annoying.

9 hours ago, ohdearIzzy said:

I'm aromantic and other aromantics say stuff which annoys me all the time. Hell, I say stuff which annoys me. Remember that people can make fun of themselves just as much as they make fun of other people, and that just because you don't find something annoying doesn't mean other people don't too.

I just meant the clearly passive-aggressive posts, like ""I don't want a romance." <-There, that's annoying to you romantics, right?!". But nevermind, I don't want this to be some kind of a war, and there's definitely nothing wrong with aromantics contributing to this thread, I never meant to imply that!

Archived