Hello

SoulofSorrow

SoulofSorrow

My name is Christina and I suffer from PDD.Nos which is a form of autism! This disorder has caused me to suffer from social anxiety disorder and learning disablities. I've been like this since childhood. I'm glad , I've found this place ! I've been a asexual since age 13. My grandmother is very unrealistic about my future .She thinks I can get out of this mess socially and find a husband right away. I cannot stand her beliefs...it angers me. :(

Cate Perfect

Other people's expectations are just that: other people's and expectations, which means that since it's something *other people* *expect* of you, it doesn't mean *you* have to follow along. An expectation is not a requirement. Just be yourself and spend loads of time round here, where we don't care what you are (as long as you're truthful.)

[Curtseys]

Cate

hi christina!

(sounds like your grandma still lives in the days when, if a woman wasn't married by 21, she was a spinster.) there seems to be a lot about asexuality + autism/related disorders on the boards...i wonder why...?

Might not be the real point, looking for causes -- once the 'how' becomes the 'what we do, in the here and now' is when fun things begin to happen. Like joining in on the conversation about the 'why' and the 'what next!"

*Lights the big neon "WELCOME" sign*

HEY! Welcome to AVEN!

Yeah, I have aspergers...really high functioning...but it occasionally shows up when i screw up a social situation by going WoMBaT CRAZY...loud voice...and something that is supposed to embarase me. But anyway! Welcome! I also find it interesting about the autisim/asexuality thingy...and it's just not autism....its SOCIAL autism...interesting....

BUT WELCOME!

VivreEstEsperer

Hi Christina! welcome to aven! another left-coaster! :) I saw some relatives this weekend that were from seattle...i hear it's a nice city.

how old are you now christina?

didnt someone once say that there's a connection between autism/aspergers and low sex drive...i saw it on a web site somewhere anyway. then i read a book about aspergers in the bookstore tho and they didnt mention it.

well i sympathize... i hate not knowing what to say in social situations! /big sigh/.

Kate

Welcome, SoulOfSorrow :)

You'll be just fine, as long as you don't listen to what your grandmother says.

Well, if she says not to put your hand on the stove is another story, but you know what I mean :mrgreen:

Howdy doo! I believe I meant to welcome you last night, but my compy very suddenly decided it no longer wished to be on, and turned itself off in the middle of my posting.

So.

WELCOME TO AVEN, where we rock 'n roll all niiiight, and party ev-er-y day!!

SoulofSorrow

My PDD.NOS also causes social anxiety disorder , OCD and its very hard to meet people . My grandmother was raised during the depression period which makes her more judgemental . She wants all of her grandchildren to be married and have a lot of great-grandkids to continue the family tree.

I am 28 years old and I live in Seattle since 1997. Seattle isn't fun when you're alone wishing that you could be social and being the life of the party. I don't get along with my father's family because of their conservative lifestye. I'd like to think of myself as a "Black Sheep" of the family due to my asexual lifestyle. She doesn't understand what it feels like to suffer from mild autism. I sick of having verbal fights with her ...it makes me very angry.

My father thinks I'm still friends with former classmates who teased and bullied me through 12 years of Special Ed classes in school. I have nothing to do them socially because they've caused me alot of pain over these years. Now. I suffer from a mild form of PTSD and I can't get over it. At 15 I was sexually harassed verbally by a maleSpecial Ed teacher in Senior High school because of me being a naive asexual for year and a half. I hope he rots in hell!

SoulofSorrow

I hope my story doesn't offend anyone in here. Thank You to everyone in this board for welcoming me! Is there a board where I can vent my rage in?

Nope. Not offensive. Well, I don't think so, anyway. And why yes! There's a lovely little forum titled Asexual Ranting especially designed to let one release The Rage. Have at it!

VivreEstEsperer

Christina, yes, maybe not as bad, but we have. I have anxiety and OCD myself. see the post on anxiety that I just wrote in open mic...

and welcome, again.

Kate

Archived