USA AVENites!!

BobRossRules

I thought I'd start a US group.  I'm not sure how many folks from the US are planning to attend.  We can certainly coordinate our efforts with the UK folks too, especially if there is only a few of us.  

I've never been to Spain, and I'm hoping to stay for a week or so, and I'd like to explore the area. 

I'm not 100% positive yet that I can attend.  However, it looks like I'll be able to swing it.:D  

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

Possibly a US group would work if we know how many are in the US, maybe Washington state would work since I know there are always many meet ups there with different groups, it will be fun to see how many will show if they can come.

Maybe we can get some of the AVENites who are local to Madrid and/or in other parts of Spain to give some ideas of other things to do and places to visit and such. For example, if we come to Spain for 2 weeks, participate in World Pride, and want to see more beyond that. Are any Spanish AVENites reading this? If not, how do we get their attention? Maybe a new general thread in this section?

6 hours ago, daveb said:

Maybe we can get some of the AVENites who are local to Madrid and/or in other parts of Spain to give some ideas of other things to do and places to visit and such. For example, if we come to Spain for 2 weeks, participate in World Pride, and want to see more beyond that. Are any Spanish AVENites reading this? If not, how do we get their attention? Maybe a new general thread in this section?

I'm sure some of the Spanish AVENites will read this. If not I'll tell them about it at the Madrid meet in February. Personally I'd recommend to visit some places in Andalucia. If you're arriving before the weekend, there will be plenty of events in Madrid that are probably worth checking out as well. In any case I intend to be involved in some leisure activities, meets etc. around WP one way or the other. :)

3 hours ago, timewarp said:

In any case I intend to be involved in some leisure activities, meets etc. around WP one way or the other.

It would be great to meet up with you again! And to meet up with other AVENites who might be around.

Baikal Balkash
On 19/1/2017 at 5:26 PM, daveb said:

Here is a Spanish AVENite reading. (Smiles) A thread for turism around Spain could be created in order to spot some places to visit or to ask for recomendations. 

On 19/1/2017 at 11:44 PM, timewarp said:

I'm sure some of the Spanish AVENites will read this. If not I'll tell them about it at the Madrid meet in February. Personally I'd recommend to visit some places in Andalucia. If you're arriving before the weekend, there will be plenty of events in Madrid that are probably worth checking out as well. In any case I intend to be involved in some leisure activities, meets etc. around WP one way or the other. :)

@timewarp, I know Andalucia (southern Spain) has a lot of beautiful places, but don't forget also the north part of Spain (I'm from the north coast) with the green landscapes and mountains. In general Spain has a lot of incredible sites sites to visit. For example it is in the border of Altantic and Mediterranean zones so just the north and the south are very different in climate, landscape, culture... 

I was hoping to make a vacation out of it and visit some sites.  I enjoy traveling by train, so it'll be cool visiting some other climates and landscapes.:D  

7 hours ago, Baikal Balkash said:

Here is a Spanish AVENite reading. (Smiles)

Thanks! :):cake:

Could also potentially do some organized tours?

Hi all, there is at least a couple of us checking on the forums. :)
For tourism... the list is endless XDDDD Popular places are Madrid, Barcelona and Seville and the 3 of them are worthwhile. But this barely scratches the surface, there are less travelled places that are truly incredible. My favourite guides are lonely planet, I'm sure they must have something for Spain. Maybe go check it and other guides to a bookstore or somewhere you can look at it for a while for free and see what catches your attention? There is a bit for everyone depending on what you like the most. And February is a good time to come. It's off-season so it's cheaper and quieter.
The good news for you is that Spain in comparison with the USA is tiny and there are buses and trains all over the place. XDDD Just be aware that climate do changes you can still go from warm weather to snow by travelling a thousand km. So be sure to check the weather to the different places you'll visit when making your suitcases in case there are huge differences!

• 4 weeks later...

Another local here.

The south of spain is very hot in that date, if you're ready for that I'm sure you can. 

For me the most beautiful is the north but it is beautiful for hiking and visit natural parks.

If someone wants to visit Valencia contact me and I suppose I can show you the city (In 1-2 days you can visit it without problems if you don't want to visit everything)

A good Idea for 2 weeks journey can be... start from the south or noth and then go down or up.

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately I won't be going to Madrid after all. Best wishes to everyone who does make it there!

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

If I was not going to Yellowstone for the job offer, I'd probably see if I was able to go. I think maybe those stuck in the US can try and make their own meetup in their area? I also hope those able to go have a wonderful time.

BobRossRules

Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend the Madrid pride festivities.:(  Hopefully next year!!  Good luck everyone!

• 1 month later...

Anyone else?? We do have 3 signed up from the US already but the more the merrier!

BobRossRules

I'm jealous.  I wish I was going.  Hopefully next year (fingers-crossed) 

Archived