New Moderator needed for For Sexual Partners, Friends and Allies and Census: Nominations

Kelly

Join the team!

If you think you would be interested in being the Moderator for the For Sexual Partners, Friends and Allies and Census Forum forums, throw cookies, cakes, your hat, turnip, or whatever you have into the ring.

Eligibility requirements include being a member for at least 6 months, and having at least 100 posts that are not in the Just for Fun or Welcome Lounge forums. You also cannot run with an active, current, warning.

You can nominate yourself for just one race (we have two elections this time).

Also, see the following for election rules:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/90514-rules-and-procedure-for-elections/

This is the timeline for this election:

Thursday, 12 January to Thursday 19 January: Nominations.

Thursday, 19 January to Sunday, 22 January: Dedicated Q&A period.

Sunday, 22 January to Sunday, 29 January: Voting!

Having marked both forums as read and gotten a gauge for the workload, along with the fact that I very much adore both forums. I think I'll join the race!

**tosses a keyboard in**

8 minutes ago, Joe Parrish said:

I am following through on my promise.  I hereby declare my intent run for mod of Census/SPFA.

RIP

Guest And Peggy

On 1/15/2017 at 0:10 AM, Joe Parrish said:

I am following through on my promise.  I hereby declare my intent to run for mod of Census/SPFA.

Good luck Joe! :cake:

3 hours ago, faeriefate said:

Can we NOT talk about who we are voting for in the nominations thread? Voting is supposed to be anonymous.

I didn't put the name down though, 

regardless, I wasn't aware of this anonymity rule, so I apologize

Well, firstly, thank you to everyone wishing me luck, as well as my competitor (and potential competitors), whom I also wish the best of luck to ^_^

Secondly, I didn't think there were any explicit rules on anonymity either. But it also feels to me more like faerie was speaking more in a personal capacity, Simply stating that in the spirit of the nominations thread, maybe it's best if we all hold our cards close to our chest? Sorry for speaking for you faerie, but it's my two cents/interpretation on the matter.

Lastly. I vote for pedro.

Anything posted in black, not green, is a moderator posting as a member and not as a moderator. Same goes for admins posting in black, not red. 

But, yes, it is better during nominations to focus on noms. Candidates feeling like it's already decided may discourage them from throwing their names in. 

It might not be against the rules to post about preferences for a candidate, but still I find it disappointing when people make a premature decision at a point where we might not even have all candidates yet. If we don't even pay attention to the campaign, what more than a popularity contest can it be?

During AVEN elections I look at the campaigns very carefully. Not only for content, but also to know how promptly the candidates react (that can be very important in particular for mods) and how much effort they put into their answers. In one election I was already firmly decided for one candidate, but was convinced by another candidate during the campaign.

Guest And Peggy
2 minutes ago, faeriefate said:

Oh, Maya, you're fine! It wasn't you.

I can't divulge into the person specifically who I'm speaking to because I don't wanna seem like I'm attacking them. Just that divulging in what you thing of the nominees could hurt others willingness to run.

Sorry. I edited my post :) I'll keep an open mind :) Good luck to every candidate, popular or not.

on an off note, I'm glad aven doesn't have a like quota because this thread would have made me reach mine

on the on note, I do think it's exciting when there's more people. There's still more days for others to throw their bunnies into the ring ^^

Guest And Peggy
36 minutes ago, SapphireDelvai said:

on the on note, I do think it's exciting when there's more people. There's still more days for others to throw their bunnies into the ring ^^

:o Poor bunnies!

on a serious note, i like that better too. 

Joe the Stoic
1 hour ago, SapphireDelvai said:

on an off note, I'm glad aven doesn't have a like quota because this thread would have made me reach mine

Yeah, it would be better if other people ran.

I want to be seen from up high as I stand atop my fallen adversaries. :twisted:

Good luck to everyone who is running! Ashen, Joe, I wish you both a good and exciting campaign. And to anyone still considering running, I encourage you to! Being a mod is a lot of work, but it's rewarding and you get to work with a team of great people.

2 minutes ago, Mystic Maya said:

Is Snow Cone running?

:ph34r:

No.

Yeah... it's not new that members have stated in an election "I know who I'm voting for" thing. I can name at least two incidents of such thing happened, who was involved, and which elections it was, but I won't call out any names. One of which did involve me when I was running in an election once. And it was okay, even if one of those incidents, a member has made it obvious who they were voting for or who they voted for already. 

Then again, when those incidents had happened, it was either during the Q&A period or the voting period. This happening in the nomination period is new to me...

Granted, even I will admit that I usually already have an idea of who I'll be voting for in an election as soon as I see who's running, but I still want to give the other person/people a chance. They might surprise me. In which cases, it sometimes makes it hard to vote for who, to the point where I might just abstain.

Archived