Older = lower libido?

S_W

Hi everyone! 

I was really struggling with the fact that I have a libido. Thankfully I now know that having a libido isn't related to being asexual. But it was really confusing for me and it still is sometimes... 

Now I just hate my libido to be honest. It doesn't make sense to me that my body reacts but that I don't want to act on it. It frustrates me that I have morning wood, wet dreams etc. Getting an erection makes me rather sad because they feel useless and most of the time they are just annoying. 

I was always learned that this (wet dreams etc) would all go away when I get older. Right now I'm almost 30 and my libido didn't change at all. So my question is: is it actually true that your libido will lower when you get older, because I don't notice anything? If so, when can I expect it :) 

Not so much your libido, but your propensity to get aroused and ease of reaching orgasm, as a man, drop off from your teens onwards. But that probably won't be that noticeable till you're closer to 40, especially if you're not doing anything to make yourself orgasm and leaving it to your body to sort itself out with wet dreams etc. Most men are able to have sex into their seventies. 

It's annoying I know (47 here). You do get used to it although but it's still annoying.

Archived