Falling in Love with an Aromantic Asexual

WintyFree

I'm at the end of my ropes, and my mind is tearing itself apart these past few weeks. I didn't know what to call it before but I am confident that I am a demisexual, and the one thing I didn't see coming had come over me. I have a friend who I've known for a little over two years and I've realized I had feelings for her in the last 2 months. I'm scared because I am head over heels, butterflies in my stomach, and can't stop thinking about her. I've only ever been attracted to one person in my entire life and it just happens to be her. I am madly in love with her and I am trying to move on. I talked with her about how I felt, and it went well enough that we are still good friends. She said she couldn't get in a relationship due to her being aromantic and asexual. She considered giving the relation a chance but she is worried about sustaining it. She's afraid of the long term and I understand and respect her reasoning. She feels she isn't capable of having a romantic relationship, and even facing this hopelessness, I still can't shake my feelings for her. We are both in high school, I am a senior and she is a junior. I can't distract myself or effectively stop thinking about her, my emotions get the best of me. I know that its not possible, at least from my pessimistic point of view but I need advice on what to do. If there's suggestions on moving on or possibly trying something different, I'm all ears and it would be much appreciated. 

Your still very young. She more than likely wont be the only person who attract you like this. Keep that in mind no matter how strong your feelings are for her.

I would tell her you want to give this relationship a chance, even if it is just temporary. Rather than worry about what the future holds,tell her let just focus on the present. This relationship might just surprise both of you. But if she still isn't interested than you will have to move on. 

I've been talking with friends and still browsing the forums here and I am trying to be a realist about the whole roller coaster of emotions. I thank you for your reply and I feel as if I can try one option.

When I told her the first time, I didn't feel as if I was sincere and that I couldn't convey how I felt due to the pressure. I'm gonna give it one more chance and build her a cathedral with my words, one that she should have heard the first time around and deserves. I can only hope it goes well enough that we're still friends after this. I plan to do so tommorow when I have to walk her home after we compete together in a competition. I appreciate the help.

Archived