WorldPride planning - help needed!

michaeld

As many people know, we are planning our attendance at the next WorldPride in Madrid, early July 2017. Like WorldPride 2012 and 2014, this will be a big international meet, plus a march and a conference. We will have people from North America, Europe (especially Spain of course but I know a lot of UK people are planning to go too) and perhaps further afield.

We now have a forum for the planning here, just opened:

I will be moving this thread there shortly but I thought it could do with an announcements posts too, while we're setting up the teams.

I'd like to hear from you if you can help with any of the following!

• Design of posters and other promotional material for the event.
  • Help with travel and accommodation - we need to do research on the best places to stay and the best way to book flights and other travel.
  • Spanish Translators! In both directions. We need to print our promotional material in both Spanish and English for starters, and when it comes to the conference we will probably need translators there too.

Shortly we will also need help designing things for the march - banners, placards etc. But let's start with this. :)

If you'd like to help out, post here, PM me or ping me on skype if you already have me there!

I can help with written translations. Not so much in person as I need some time to think over translations. Casual conversations are OK but serious translation (like during the conference or whatever) on the go wouldn't work. I'm not a profesional.

• 4 weeks later...

The same as Alexandra, I can help with written translations English to Spanish.

About translators for the conference, it's not an easy job to do instant translation, it will be necessary to think about how to do it, for shorter piriods I think it will be easier.

Archived