Poll: What is your romantic orientation?

Guest And Peggy

Romantic orientation poll  

213 members have voted

1. 1. What is your romantic orientation?

• Greyromantic
    • Aromantic
    • Biromantic
    • Heteromantic
    • Homoromantic
    • Demiromantic
    • Gyneromantic
    • Androromantic
    • Panromantic
    • Unknown
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

UrbanPrimitive
9 hours ago, CakeSpadeAce said:

Gray-demi-hetero-panfluxromantic

HA beat you

I know when I'm beaten. Well played madam!

WhenSummersGone

I accidently voted Heteroromantic but I identify as Androromantic, at least so far. I've had no experiences with women or other genders.

Aromantic 

Biromantic, even split. Boys, cool, girls, great...only I'm probably 51% homo (LMAO)

Panromantic here.  I'm trans and am finding lately that I'm most attracted to my fellow trans folk

Squirrel Combat

Heteroromantic.

I've only liked girls, but I've also only liked about three people, ever. If you were to ask me to take a pick right now, I'd say heteroromantic.

I'm attracted to the opposite sex; but romance-wise fluctuates between being gray to aro to emotionally-bonded (demi) to repulsed (apothi and predominant) to questioning/indeterminable (quoi) to non-reciprocating/in theory (akoi). Could it count and be considered as hetero gray-aroflux?

On 1/7/2017 at 2:20 AM, karnzter said:

I'm attracted to the opposite sex; but romance-wise fluctuates between being gray to aro to emotionally-bonded (demi) to repulsed (apothi and predominant) to questioning/indeterminable (quoi) to non-reciprocating/in theory (akoi). Could it count and be considered as hetero gray-aroflux?

In my personal opinion, the "gray" part becomes a bit redundant when you're aroflux. ^^; Seems already to be included, doesn't it?

38 minutes ago, Bezzy-Loo said:

In my personal opinion, the "gray" part becomes a bit redundant when you're aroflux. ^^; Seems already to be included, doesn't it?

That's actually, in all honesty, confusing me. It would just fluctuate between being having no attraction to rare bouts of experiencing attraction. I'm very sorry for asking that.

4 hours ago, karnzter said:

That's actually, in all honesty, confusing me. It would just fluctuate between being having no attraction to rare bouts of experiencing attraction. I'm very sorry for asking that.

Pardon? I assure you, you have nothing to apologize for. Could you explain what's confusing you a little more specifically, though? Is it that you're using the gray- part as a limiter to describe your sort of aroflux? It sounds like maybe you are more focused on the gray part. If that is the case, with your explanation of going between "no attraction" and "rare bouts of experiencing attraction," may I ask how the aroflux part works in? (You are absolutely welcome to tell me to shove it if I'm prying to much!) Is it that there's clumps of times you experience attraction?

And please, if there's anything I might clarify from my end, do feel free to ask!

37 minutes ago, Bezzy-Loo said:

...may I ask how the aroflux part works in? (You are absolutely welcome to tell me to shove it if I'm prying to much!) Is it that there's clumps of times you experience attraction?

It would fluctuate a lot over time and wherein oftentimes to rarely I experience attraction. It's in-between being little to none (aro) to emotionally-bonded (demi) to repulsed (apothi and predominant) to questioning/indeterminable (quoi) to non-reciprocating/in theory (akoi).

49 minutes ago, karnzter said:

It would fluctuate a lot over time and wherein oftentimes to rarely I experience attraction. It's in-between being little to none (aro) to emotionally-bonded (demi) to repulsed (apothi and predominant) to questioning/indeterminable (quoi) to non-reciprocating/in theory (akoi).

Ah. Definitely makes sense to say aroflux, then. Do you just not consider all of those to be types of gray, then? I know that some folks seem to count it as separate, although gray is just supposed to be the whole area between "yes" and "no," which seems like it should include the various subsets. ^^; At least, those that don't fall under the "yes" and "no" themselves.

Sorry, I sometimes have an odd obsession with grouping and categorizing things...

• 2 months later...
SithAzathoth WinterDragon

I am homoromantic and aromantic.

Voted hetero-romantic, though the technically most accurate term would probably be heteroflexible-romantic.

SamwiseLovesLife

Haven't figured this one out as of yet. Pan/homoromantic, Grey/demiromantic or even Aromantic. My problem is differenciating platonic attraction, strong feelings for fictional characters (noromo) and 'real' romantic attraction.

• 3 weeks later...
dragon_nerd

demiromantic 

J. van Deijck

I wonder what's the difference between androromantic and homoromantic for me if I am male who is into males?

AVEN #1 fan
Just now, UVB-76 said:

I wonder what's the difference between androromantic and homoromantic for me if I am male who is into males?

Actually none in your case, but homo is more specific.

J. van Deijck
Just now, AVEN #1 fan said:

Actually none in your case, but homo is more specific.

thank you! :3 so now I know :D

but how is it more specific?

AVEN #1 fan
Just now, UVB-76 said:

thank you! :3 so now I know :D

but how is it more specific?

iit affirms you're a man. Np.

Anyway this poll is old, and I didn't knew some people hated the terms andro and gyne. I'll probably make a better poll with other coined terms to replace later.

You people,  try not using andro or gyne either.

3 hours ago, UVB-76 said:

There isn’t any difference xD Both means you’re gay ;)

2 hours ago, AVEN #1 fan said:

Anyway this poll is old, and I didn't knew some people hated the terms andro and gyne. I'll probably make a better poll with other coined terms to replace later.

You people,  try not using andro or gyne either.

What? Don’t throw androromantic out, I like it. It literally has the word man in it and it sounds cool :D And why exactly should I try to not use it anymore? Is there a reasonable reason for this? 

J. van Deijck

that's the thing :D But I heard once that andro means attraction to masculine people, so not only males as masculine women do exist as well. is that actually true? :o

anyways, I'm fine being gay. :P

8 minutes ago, UVB-76 said:

that's the thing :D But I heard once that andro means attraction to masculine people, so not only males as masculine women do exist as well. is that actually true? :o

No, it isn’t true. It’s a misconception some people spread. Andro  means man. I am not attracted to any women at all regardless of their expression! If it was true and it would mean this, I’d have to change my info instantly. (Even though androromantic sounds cool xD)

AVEN #1 fan
6 hours ago, Antihero. said:

There isn’t any difference xD Both means you’re gay ;)

What? Don’t throw androromantic out, I like it. It literally has the word man in it and it sounds cool :D And why exactly should I try to not use it anymore? Is there a reasonable reason for this? 

Andro and gyne seem to be slightly sexist.

J. van Deijck
6 hours ago, Antihero. said:

No, it isn’t true. It’s a misconception some people spread. Andro  means man. I am not attracted to any women at all regardless of their expression! If it was true and it would mean this, I’d have to change my info instantly. (Even though androromantic sounds cool xD)

haha... my thoughts again xD seriously.

Archived