how was 2016?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. how was your year?

• great good fine ok
    • it sucked
    • meh
    • idk

This poll is closed to new votes

For me personally, it was pretty good. But for almost everybody else, it appears to have been pretty bad, so - meh.

I sometimes wish I was going 5-10 mph faster when I got in that car crash so the driver's car would get hit, and I would've died. I'm not joking.

I have literally no words exactly how mch 2016 sucked - it was probably the worst year of my life so far.

32 minutes ago, CakeSpadeAce said:

It sucked because of the election.

November 8th this year was the worst birthday I ever had in my life, by far.

Guest And Peggy
39 minutes ago, SkyWorld said:

November 8th this year was the worst birthday I ever had in my life, by far.

Your birthday was on Election Day? That REALLY sucks.

I thought 2016 was great. I know I sound cheesy saying this but isn't every year great for the most part? With each year we grow as individuals and as a society.

Ace-TheTimelordsCompanion

Well, where do I start?
Perhaps the 8 month migraine, and the multiple trips to the hospital? The fact that my vision has a constant aura, which means everything is fuzzy, sparkly, swimmy, and makes me sick, even when I have my eyes shut. I am so light sensitive that I struggle to go outside, even when I have 2 sleeping masks and a pair of sunglasses, or 4 layers of sunglasses/window tint film that is meant to block all but 5% of visible light, and a large hat. I live in the dark, with building paper over my windows. At least I can still use the computer, although I have to make everything grey and really large.

Because of the migraine I had to temporarily drop out of uni. I also can't do most of the things I really enjoy, design, coding, or even reading a book.

WARNING: If one more person suggests a weird remedy they have heard of for migraines, I shall scream.

Globally things have been pretty rubbish too

Might I mention we went almost an entire year without any new Doctor Who?

Also RIP: Alan Rickman, David Bowie, Prince, Anton Yelchin, and the entire United States of America, to name a few.
Last, and most, Carrie Fisher, I shall miss you, not quite as much as the Stormtroopers did, but still a lot.

Agh. Where do I start. I had a terrible year. Looking back on it, though, it's quite funny... it started off feeling like just me who was having an awful year, then slowly the entire world had a terrible year :mellow: which was quite therapeutic I guess. Brexit and Trump really put perspective on my bad decisions.

In 2016 I lost a lot of people, a lot of people I admired died and a lot of friends for life proved to be false, but it wasn't all bad; I passed A Levels, got into university, met some great people. Right now, I'm glad to be almost rid of 2016, but it's left me with just enough hope that 2017 will be so much better. Wow, that is cheesy.

But, without a doubt...

3 hours ago, Ace-TheTimelordsCompanion said:

Might I mention we went almost an entire year without any new Doctor Who?

THAT was the worst. Roll on 2017!

On a personal level I think it has been 'okay'. I went from feeling brilliant for a time to suddenly feeling absolutely awful for a few months, which somewhat marred the year; however I won't let my overall opinion be ruined for 2016 because of that blip. I still had some notably lovely holidays, events, and day trips, etc!

Clearly it has not been a good year for celebrities. All a bit too coincidental... but that's all it can be: (unfortunately) coincidental.

ProtectorOfTheLight

After never having to go to the hospital before, I had 3 surgeries over 5 months that I only recently healed from. Suffice to say that I did not like this year.

The second half of 2016 was a lot better than the first half. It was good from August and afterwards because I was happy about starting and being on hormones. February through May was horrible because I got so depressed that I attempted suicide. The other months were just meh. I hope 2017 will be better.

I think it was mostly terrible. Some of world events/politics/celebrity deaths/etc. did play a role. But, some of it was pretty bad in my personal life. Especially with my health, which still hasn't been cleared up and feels worse as time goes on. There were some good things, though. Realized I was aro and ace, laid some of the ground work for making a local ace group (hoping to get that off the ground in 2017), found AVEN, made some friends, had a relatively good birthday, published my 2nd ebook, and a few other things. I try to focus more on those positives, but it's difficult.

• 1 year later...

@AVEN #1 fan

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived