Asexual members, are you a NATURAL redhead?

Joe the Stoic

Redhead Tally  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a NATURAL redhead?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

maybe the results are skewed because mostly natural and "unnatural" redheads replied, as opposed to people who are not a redheads in any shape or form?

Yep, I'm a natural redhead. I have auburn red hair, so my hair is a deeper red colour with a brownish tinge to it. IDK it is really hard to explain. Also, it sometimes gets golden streaks through it during Spring and Summer. Probably due to the sunlight hitting it more.

1 minute ago, Oyamaneko said:

Yep, I'm a natural redhead. I have auburn red hair, so my hair is a deeper red colour with a brownish tinge to it. IDK it is really hard to explain. Also, it sometimes gets golden streaks through it during Spring and Summer. Probably due to the sunlight hitting it more.

I wish I was you...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Island-Of-Dogs

Natural redhead here! I've got a head of hair the color of burnt copper roughly speaking, I've been told that appears to shimmer in strong, direct sunlight. 

The red hair is strong in my family! My father is a redhead and my mother's family has had redheads pop up in almost every generation in recent memory. 

All three of my brothers have red hair in some form! My eldest half brother has auburn hair, my other half brother (We share the same father) is a redhead of the same shade as I am and my younger brother is a strawberry blonde.

Strawberry ice cream

Lol. Here I am red hair asexual, asocial, aromantic. I hear often about hypersexuality of red hair woman. Just wtf is going on?

everywhere and nowhere

No. Red hair is, as already mentioned, quite rare.

I won't also have non-natural red hair again. First, I just won't risk dyeing my hair again after what happened last time (over 10 years ago, anyway). (TW: disgusting.) I suffer from allergy, I usually have some scratches on the scalp too and the last time I tried, my scalp was suppurating for abour 4 days. Each day in the morning my mom helped me to gently wash and divide my hair, later the wounds finally closed. That bloody hair dye just ate through my scratches...

Second, 10 years ago I didn't yet have gray hair, but now I do. And I enjoy being a non-conformist. If women are taught to be scared of aging, I do the opposite and like my gray hair and wrinkles. So concealing gray hair would feel somewhat "dishonorable" for me...

Anyway, the story mentioned above always reminds me that dyeing hair is not so innocent, it is - in cosmetic terms - quite a brutal procedure. If you have sensitive skin, such stuff can really hurt you. It also reminds me of the scene in Zadie Smith's "White Teeth", where one of the protagonists, Irie, goes to the hairdresser to straighten her hair. This is even more complicated because it's entangled with racism. Anyway it reminds too that the most "chemical" hairdressing procedures, such as dyeing, straightening, perm, are all quite brutal, can destroy the hair you currently have on the head and can hurt your skin. So proceed with caution.

I've been dyeing my hair red for more than 10 years, so no. I wish I were though, it is such a beautiful colour.

Yes, I'm a natural red head (and I also have blue-ish green eyes, supposedly another rare combo). I've heard about the hypersexualization of redheaded women before, and this belief has stuck around for a loooong time. *rolls eyes* :P I have had many redheads in my family, but their red hair changed colors naturally in their mid-twenties, so no one has been able to keep their flaming locks past that age. Their hair has either turned dark brown or black, which is unfortunate for me as I'm approaching that age, and I've already found a few black hairs. Noooo! My family was originally from Norway/Sweden on one side (they had very rich, dark red hair), and Scotland/Ireland on the other (they had much lighter strawberry blonde locks). My hair falls more on the darker side of the spectrum of red unless it's in the direct sun. :D

This is what my hair looks like indoors:

2qtd2jo.jpg

This is what it sometimes looks like in the sunlight:

2rwarsz.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I voted 'yes' but I wasn't 100% sure cause I'm more or less strawberry blonde, does that count as red hair?

everywhere and nowhere

Have you heard of the "strawberry blonde tiger", or, as it's officially called, golden tabby tiger? What a beautiful animal. Creamy light orange with cinnamon-colored stripes. For me the most beautiful color variant of the Bengal tiger.

jungle-island.jpg

A few years ago the first leopard in a very similar coloration was also discovered. But generally the base color for a leopard is lighter than in (orange) tigers, it's just that an ordinary leopard has black spots and in a "strawberry blonde" leopard they are much lighter in color.

I have brown hair. I strongly suspect that the stereotype about people with red hair being hypersexual amounts to be a highly simplistic association between the colour red and sex.

20 hours ago, Nowhere Girl said:

Have you heard of the "strawberry blonde tiger", or, as it's officially called, golden tabby tiger? What a beautiful animal. Creamy light orange with cinnamon-colored stripes. For me the most beautiful color variant of the Bengal tiger.

A few years ago the first leopard in a very similar coloration was also discovered. But generally the base color for a leopard is lighter than in (orange) tigers, it's just that an ordinary leopard has black spots and in a "strawberry blonde" leopard they are much lighter in color.

I have never heard of this before, and it's such a beautiful animal! Thanks for sharing the picture!

everywhere and nowhere

I'm a tigermaniac since the age of 2, by the way. But I have first heard about golden tabby tigers some 10 years ago or a bit earlier.

I have really dark brown hair, so not a redhead, but people say it definitely has reddish highlights to it.

• 3 months later...

@Joe Parrish

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived