Apt to Love - Asexuality/Aromanticism Series

Ellamerre

Hiii! I'm working on writing an eight part series about asexuality and aromanticism and thought some of you might be interested.  I'm not writing for a publication, it's just a personal project meant to give insight to the friends and family members that know I'm ace. I have a list of topics that come to mind on a regular basis and I decided I wanted to share my thoughts and feelings about them - to give my friends and family a more in-depth/personal perspective than my normal dry facts approach.

Here's part one - Lying by Omission: Becoming Unaccustomed to Acknowledging Your Own Orientation

http://apttolove.blogspot.com/2016/12/lying-by-omission-becoming-unaccustomed.html

The other seven topics are:

Why aromantics can be willing to be in romantic relationships, and why that doesn't make them romantics
• Why some aces would rather only date ace spectrum people
• When people say "Too many labels!! Aaaahhhhhh"
• When people say "Your orientation is none of my business! This should be private!"
• Sex repulsion
• Aces and aros do in fact have feelings and emotions
• Why aces aren't "basically straight"

I'll post them in this thread as I finish them :) Hopefully you won't hate me or the series!  (I'm pertetually nervous about sharing my outlook - aces and allos could both take things wrong. But oh well.)

• 2 months later...

I just finished part 2! Some general facts about aroness as well as why being in a relationship doesn't make a person not-aro - http://apttolove.blogspot.com/2017/02/aromanticism.html

Let me know what you think!

This is a really nice little overview. Covers a lot of stuff without being too long. Well done! :):cake:

9 hours ago, timewarp said:

This is a really nice little overview. Covers a lot of stuff without being too long. Well done! :):cake:

Thanks! ^_^

• 1 year later...

Have you done any more recently?

I might be interested in contributing....

Archived