Ace Radio Progect

swim2thesun

Howdy folks!

I'm leading a radio/ Podcast project with Ace Toronto, a local ace community group. In our episides of this we are hoping to include segments featuring different intersections of peoples identities. for speaking on the segments we are mostly looking for local aces (in and the surrounding Toronto area) however due to low interest in previous outreach we are also accepting written pieces.

We are looking for approximately 3 people for each segment.

The intersectionality segments to be featured in the episodes are:

Age – this segment is for folks to talk about their experience of being ace, coming to ace identities and their age. Anyone of any age is welcome to participate but we are hoping to especially feature the voices of older aces (30+) and their experiences with this intersection.

Gender- this segment is for folks to talk about their experience with accessing ace spaces, interacting with other aces and people outside of ace communities in relation to their gender- there is a separate segment to speak to the experiences of Trans and/or Nonbinary people.

Race- this segment is for folk with the experience of being radicalized, and/ or experience racism to speak about their thoughts of the intersection between their racial and/ or ethnic identity and their ace identity.

Religion- this segment is for folks to speak to their experiences of being brought up in, being a part of, joining, or having left, religious or spiritual affiliations and how their religious and or spiritual identity overlaps with their ace identity. Anyone of any religious or spiritual affiliation or experience is welcome to participate but we are hoping to especially feature the voices of non-Christian, non-Catholic aces.

Physical disability- this segment is for people who experience physical disability and/ or identify as physically disabled. This segments give space for folks to speak about their feelings about inner and outer community perceptions of this intersection with their ace-ness.

Mental Health/ Neurodivergence- This segment is for people who have experience of Neurodivergence and/ or mental health issues. This space is held for anyone who feels they share this experience including those who are self-diagnosed. This segment will explore topics such as consumer survival (institutionalization) as well as inner and outer community perceptions of this intersection.

Trans/ Nonbinary- This segment is for folks who are Trans and/ or Nonbinary to speak about their experiences of this intersection with their ace-ness. Speaking to accessing ace spaces, interacting with other aces and people outside of ace communities in relation to their gender as well as transphobia and erasure.

If you are interested in speaking on the radio show in one of these intersectionality segments sent me an email at: ace.toronto.general@gmail.com with which segment(s) you’d be interested in speaking on, as well as a little bit about yourself including how you are related to/ have experience with your selected segment(s). For organizational purposes, if you've already shared with me your interested in participating, it would be greatly appreciated if you could email me once again.

Afterwards I will contact you regarding scheduling a recording time. Ace radio is able to secure a studio space on Thursdays, downtown Toronto (in Regent park area) but we will try to work with your schedule.

If you'd like to submit a write-up rather than speaking that is also perfectly okay! Please let us know asap because this project needs to be completed by the end of January!

Thanks again!

Archived