Greetings from Texas!

spinsterchick

TheBlueGreenie

Seems like this thread has become a two person show. Eh, shrug.

I kinda wished Lennon had lived longer not because he would of made great music but I would have liked to have seen where his career would have gone. Would he have been knighted and continued to make pleasant easy going music like Paul McCarthy is now or would he have become a bloated, drug addict with a gig in Vegas like Elvis? Well, probably not the latter but we'll sadly never know.

spinsterchick

I wish he had lived longer too. I don't know if John would have been able to survive the excess of the 80's. I barely survived and he had way more money than me so whatever I was doing in the 80's, he probably would have been doing it double. Maybe it was a good thing he went before he ended up going the way of Elvis.

:)

TheBlueGreenie

Certainly his tragic death added to his legacy and it would be hard imagine John Lennon's legacy remaining unscathed if he put on 80 pds and died of an overdose while on the comode.

Don't ask me I was born in 1981 and the only thing I remember about music during that time period was a few Replacement music videos and songs.

spinsterchick

*sigh* I miss the 80's. We may have had really bad taste in clothing back then, but we sure had some good times. But I've always felt like I was born about 10 or 20 years too late. I think I was a hippie in a former life. I wonder if John ever came back and who he might be. Hmmmm.......

:D

TheBlueGreenie
*sigh* I miss the 80's. We may have had really bad taste in clothing back then, but we sure had some good times. But I've always felt like I was born about 10 or 20 years too late. I think I was a hippie in a former life. I wonder if John ever came back and who he might be. Hmmmm.......

I remember at an Aimee Mann concert she reminicsed about the 80's by talking about jackets she had with gigantic shoulder pads and tackily colored outfits plus who could forget the hair - big, over moosed hair and a rat tail or mullet to top it off. I think if you are a musician who has had a career that has span for several decades no one should ask you to perform anything you did in the 80's just as a sign of respect.

I think re-incarnation is a lot of rubbish but if John Lennon came back I hope he came back as someone completely opposite like a female secretary or a pothead who works at Blockbusters. Yeah that would be great.

spinsterchick

Shoulder pads! I don't know who invented those, but they should be exiled. Yep, the fashions were totally tasteless, but music (concerts in particular) were wild and relatively cheap.

As for Lennon's return, I could totally picture him working at Blockbuster. I guess there could be worse things than coming back as a Blockbuster employee.

TheBlueGreenie

Sadly shoulder blades never caught on but if they had it would have made the way for full body armor and perhaps spiked helmets. Alas just another idea that was ahead of its time.

Never understood the point of reincarnation what is the point of coming back if you don't remember your previous life. How can you have a chance to improve upon it and avoid making the same mistakes if you can remember it? Losing your identity and your memory are one in the same if John Lennon was re-incarnated and couldn't remember that he was John Lennon then logically he wouldn't actually be John Lennon.

spinsterchick

If you remembered everything from your past live(s), that would be cheating. I think the point is to gain some sense and insight to, hopefully, guide you on the right path in your next life. Who knows if it's real or not. We'll all find out soon enough.

And that's true, he wouldn't actually be John Lennon. But he might have some vague memories of being John, or might possess some of John's atributes.

In any case, I'm kinda hoping reincarnation is not real because I don't think I want to come back and do this all over again.

At times I wish there were such a thing as reincarnation...I'd love to have a chance to do it all over again, knowing what I know now. Of course, I wouldn't have that knowledge in my next life, but it would be comforting to know that I haven't used up my only chance at life...that make sense?

TheBlueGreenie

Eh, if I do come back I sure wouldn't want to come back as a human being. Next time I want to come back as a single drop of rain or a rock or a flesh eating virus.

spinsterchick

I wouldn't want to come back as a human either. I think humans are a little too over-rated. Don't know if i'd want to come back as a flesh eating virus though. Maybe a spoiled rotten dog or cat.

And, yes, vendredi, that does make sense. But there is no telling what awaits us. Maybe something better than life.

PrairieWinds~

Whatever I come back as, I definitely want a happier life. Spoiled rotten cat or dog sounds pretty good! Maybe even a bird. :lol:

TheBlueGreenie
Whatever I come back as, I definitely want a happier life. Spoiled rotten cat or dog sounds pretty good! Maybe even a bird. :lol:

I would hate to be a pet but maybe that is that point I wouldn't be intelligent enough to realize that I was subservient to a human being. Besides there is the threat of worms and speeding vehicles and that is a little too much for me. Also I have always seen myself as a force or orb of energy anyways so coming back as a virus or rainstorm or earthquake would seem appropriate.

spinsterchick

Dogs and cats are more intelligent than people give them credit for. To come back as a being who is loved unconditionally, fed, and cared for a great deal sounds pretty good to me. If humans were more like dogs, this planet would be a much better place to live.

I imagine you would be a pretty powerful rainstorm. You'd have to pack a heck of a punch into a short period of time. Pehaps a tornado, or hurricane?

PrairieWinds~

I would hate to be a pet but maybe that is that point I wouldn't be intelligent enough to realize that I was subservient to a human being.

hahahhaha! You'll have to meet my birds. They are anything but subservient.

PrairieWinds~~

TheBlueGreenie

Yeah I don't really cater to animals so having a pet is definitely out of the question. I know this might get me tarred and feathered since everyone on this site apparently loves animals but I don't find cats or dogs cute. I don't even think they serve much of a purpose all they do is exist. Besides with the vet bills, food bills, and other expenses I don't see what a person gets in return for that. I guess companionship but I wouldn't go so far as to say love I mean can an animal really love a human being. I think they just grow dependent on their owners and their owners become the only thing that the pet knows so I fail to see how this is love.

Also I don't have to come back as a destructive force because I think coming back as a sunny day or a cloud would also be pretty cool.

PrairieWinds~

Pets aren't for everyone, that's for sure. Some of my friends don't have pets and that works for me when I go visiting and forget to take along my allergy pills.

If I had to come back as a 'force' I think I'd chose a thundering rain storm like the ones they have in Toronto, or the amazing thundering and lightening storms they have in Calgary - positively torrential and primal.

PrairieWinds~

TheBlueGreenie

PrairieWinds~

I have a question about Canada and since you apparently have been there I was hoping that you could answer it. If I (an American citizen) wanted to visit Canada for a couple of days would I need a passport? I have heard that the borders of Canada and America are often unguarded and security is not as tight. I have crossed the Mexican border with only my driver licence so I thought that I might be able to cross into Canada with only my driver licence.

PrairieWinds~

Good question, sorry I don't have the definitive answer, all I can say is that when I travel to the US, I am typically flying and so I always bring my passport. So far I've been asked to show it by both sides of the border (since 9/11).

It seems to me, everyone recommends (travel agents etc) that travellers bring their passports along with them regardless of how one is crossing.

Some crossings are not that highly guarded but it doesn't mean they won't ask for a passport if they don't recognize you (ie you don't travel back and forth on a regular basis).

PrairieWinds~ < Canadian girl.. born and raised, presently living in Alberta.

PrairieWinds~

BTW

Good luck at the crossings. And welcome to Canada. If you're coming up through Alberta, you won't see much of a difference from your own homeland. At least that was my experience in Texas.

TheBlueGreenie

Well I'm not going anywhere just yet but I was thinking of driving north once the tax season comes to an end and I have heard a few good things about Canada. Besides from where I live the drive would take 3 days.

Archived