Greetings from Texas!

spinsterchick

spinsterchick

Hello everyone. I saw the piece on 20/20 last night and somehow felt a sense of relief. I wish everyone a great day!

Spinsterchick,

Geez, we have a whole lo of new recruits from 20/20… It’ sure great to see people wandering in and discovering that they’re not alone and the only “weird” one. I hope that AVEN ends up being everything for you that you’re hoping for!

Hi nad welcome.

Have some more :cake:

Enjoy AVEN!

Welcome spinsterchick (love the name)! I can relate to the "sense of relief"! Please do nose around and have some fun all over the site here, it's a great place...plenty of :cake::cake::cake: too!!!

Welcome, Spinsterchick. I'm from Texas too! Glad you found your way to Aven - it is an enormous relief to know that you aren't alone.

By all means, have more :cake: !

Ted

I'm moving to TX in Sept. I am buying a house this week (the closing...signing my financial life away) and will move in Sept to begin the work (it is a repo sale). Doing Venetian plaster in all of the formal areas... quite a challange and my grown children will be moving in with me in Oct.

Hmmmm maybe I can get them to HELP? :roll:

spinsterchick

For all the warm, wonderful welcomes and all the cake! Now I will have to exercise more. :P

I would also like to say hello to all the new people and my fellow Texans. I wish only good things for all of you!

Welcome spinsterchick.

There are so many people to welcome, I'm going to be in this forum a long time I think.

Have some more of the traditional welcome cake. :cake: I hear there is plenty to go around.

spinsterchick

Easy there. I resemble that remark. Your location says Texas. Are you a transplant of some sort? I don't blame you for wanting to move to Alaska. I would to if it weren't so darned cold up there.

:)

TheBlueGreenie
Easy there. I resemble that remark. Your location says Texas. Are you a transplant of some sort? I don't blame you for wanting to move to Alaska. I would to if it weren't so darned cold up there.

Hehe no I have lived in Texas my whole life but I think they still pay you to live in Alaska. Besides look at Alaska sitting there with a smug grin on its face since it doesn't have to congregate with its fellow states - its probably talking smack about Texas to Canada.

spinsterchick

I'm a Texas lifer too. Unfortunately, I don't think it's just Alaska talking smack about Texas these days.

I didn't know they paid people to live in Alaska. Hmmmm......

:D

TheBlueGreenie
I'm a Texas lifer too. Unfortunately, I don't think it's just Alaska talking smack about Texas these days.

I didn't know they paid people to live in Alaska. Hmmmm......

Well they used to pay people to live in Alaska I don't know about now especially since they probably want to clear out the state so they can drill for oil.

People can laugh at Texas all they want but when this country goes under and Texas becomes its own independent nation again we'll see who laughs then.

TheBlueGreenie

Are you an Austinite? Kinky is pretty popular here but if I could chose a President of Texas (either living or dead) it would have to be Tom Landry, the famous coach of the Dallas Cowboys, of course if there was a dictator for life there is no question it would be Jerry Jones.

spinsterchick

Not an Austinite, sorry. I'm about 3 hours north of you in Southwest Fort Worth. I hear Austin is the place to be though. Are you a Podunk fan?

Landry is also a good choice for Pres. Kinky has had a few rallys around here and has a small following. I hope he gets on the ballot.

TheBlueGreenie
Not an Austinite, sorry. I'm about 3 hours north of you in Southwest Fort Worth. I hear Austin is the place to be though. Are you a Podunk fan?

Landry is also a good choice for Pres. Kinky has had a few rallys around here and has a small following. I hope he gets on the ballot.

Uh what is "Podunk" is that like living in the boondocks?

If Kinky gets on the ballot I bet he will win the Travis Height vote but lose everywhere else. It will be like the gay marriage vote that we had a while back only one small suburb in Austin voted for it and every where else in Texas voted against it. Unless you are in Austin or a college student then you really don't know who Kinky Friedman is.

spinsterchick

Podunk is a band from the Austin area. Just thought you might have heard of them.

As for Kinky, a lot of people around here know who he is so i'm crossing my fingers.

TheBlueGreenie
Podunk is a band from the Austin area. Just thought you might have heard of them.

As for Kinky, a lot of people around here know who he is so i'm crossing my fingers.

Never heard of them but then again I am not a big live music fan - most of the CD's I own are either soundtracks or from artists who died over 10 years ago.

I don't think Kinky would have much of a chance to win but stranger things have happened. I mean Jesse Ventura was the governor of Minnesota and come on look who is the governor of California.

spinsterchick

Okie dokie. I was just curious. Who knows, maybe they'll make it onto a soundtrack someday. I'm a moderate fan of soundtracks myself. And dead people....well, alot of them created some really fantastic music.

As far as Kinky goes, it's just nice to have him as a choice.

TheBlueGreenie

I love dead people in fact one of the duties at my job is to file their taxes.

Lets see Elvis is dead, the Marx brothers are dead, Peter Sellers is dead, Johnny Cash is dead, and Gary Busey's career is dead so I'm counting that.

spinsterchick

So that's what that smell is! It's Gary Busey's career! You're too funny.

I'll add a couple of my favorite dead people to the list. John Lennon and George Harrison.

Archived