Are aces more likely to have unhealthy living arrangements?

Twigwilter

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 5:29 AM, Just like Jughead said:

I see most aces forcing themselves into unhealthy living arangements because many force themselves into relationships for the sake of having one. That's what the community pushes anyway. 

I noticed this too. 

SilverFlower

I don't really see how "splitting the expenses" with another person helps that much, financially speaking.  Two people need a bigger living space that takes more energy to heat/cool/light and requires more upkeep, etc.  The expenses may be split but they are also higher.

Sharing expenses only makes things better for you if the other person makes more money than you do.  Otherwise you end up carrying them along too.

Besides, how do you put a price tag on peace and quiet and privacy?

1 hour ago, SilverFlower said:

I don't really see how "splitting the expenses" with another person helps that much, financially speaking.  Two people need a bigger living space that takes more energy to heat/cool/light and requires more upkeep, etc.  The expenses may be split but they are also higher.

I dare to disagree. While you are basically right, try to see things in proper proportions. - Over here a single bum gets up to 45sqm paid, a couple 64sqm additional household members 15sqm each. A prison cell would be 8 to 10sqm. This means basically: 21sqm of a flat tend to be space that you don't really need entirely for yourself.. - So why not share them? and split rent and utilities? You could lower the rent to 75% or a tad further. Diving deeper into German bum support: A "head of the household" gets 409 Euro a 2nd member 368 (rent is paid separately). Are 41 or 20.50 Euro a fortune? - "Not really" but they buy some warm meals. In general I'd appreciate paying half or a third of household tech (dishwashers washing machines and similar goodies) assuming that it 'll rot anyway but might be more bang for the buck if working regularly. Sharing landline broadcasting fees and capable Internet with roomies would be nice too. 

Well, I'm 25, going on 26, and I am living with my parents as well. My sister is a few years younger and wants to get out, but I honestly don't mind it at all, which may be unhealthy, since I'm living like I'm 10 years younger, I feel. However, I've done the roommates thing before, apartment living, etc, and I much prefer living with my parents. Ideally, I'd live alone or with another ace perhaps, but it's just so expensive over here. Plus, I'm working on getting my master's, so that's taking up a lot of my salary at the moment. 

Depending on your definition of "unhealthy", many people live in unhealthy living arrangements.  It doesn't  matter if they're sexual or asexual.  And whether it's healthy or otherwise depends on the individuals involved, not on someone else's definition.  

Well, I think most of us can agree to a point that certain things are unhealthy for most people. That someone is willing to endure a specific scenario doesn't equate to healthy. I'd agree that its a fine line at times, but that's about as far as I would go.  

Archived