I need numbers

AVEN #1 fan

As a community we LGBTTTQIAPD+ should know approximately how many of us are out there and I wonder, just like many of us:

• How many aromantics exist?
  • How many Trans women exist? How many Trans men?
  • How many lesbians?  how many gays? How many bis ? How many polys?  pans?
  • How many intersex?
  • How many crossdressers?  how many non binaries ? How many agenders  ? Androgynes?  genderfluids? Genderflux?  2-spirits?  neutrois?  eunuchs? Libragenders?  maveriques?

If anyone could provide me any help I'd appreciate it, I wonder why there's little to no people doing researches on us, specially when it comes from people inside our community.

I'll give you reasons why the true population size remains undocumented: 

- people are afraid to come forward

- people do not realise that they are LGBT

- lesser known sexualities are not officially recognized or defined and so do not count in research

- the stigma still associated with LGBT stuff limits funding and hence proper research

- there isn't even a lot of sociology research in the first place because of lack of interest and funding in general

- even the definitions used to document more well-known sexualities are finicky. In previous research, "gay" and "straight" were not used. Rather, they referred to people by stuff like "men who have sex with men" which essentially includes almost every other sexuality.

If you want numbers, you're probably not going to get very accurate ones.

Some studies seem to put trans people at 0.3-0.6% and I've heard there's more trans women than trans men. But, yeah as said above, there's never really gonna be any accurate numbers, especially when you go into incredibly specific labels like "libragenders".

• 1 year later...

@AVEN #1 fan

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived