Lost postcount after migration?

Kelly

After the migration, a recount of posts were done (I lost about 9000 posts!).  Posts that people made that were removed or moved to non-post-count areas are lost for post recount.  This also happened about three years ago.

What we did then was to allow people to fix that it they care about postcounts and if they can provide evidence of a higher postcount before the migration.  An easy way to do this is to get a cached view of AVEN from Google, or use Wayback.

PM me with the link and I can restore your postcount to what it was then.

My post count is fine, but I hope you get yours back Kelly! :sad:

I've encountered a couple of members with reduced counts, so I'm directing them here

49 minutes ago, CBC said:

Mine is fine as well... actually I thought it was lower haha. But out of curiosity, I'm playing around with the Wayback Machine here, and I don't know how it's possible to view someone's post count. You have to sign in to see a member's profile, and obviously you can't sign into an archived version. Or you have to hope that a thread they posted on randomly happens to have been archived. Which, so far, I haven't found to be the case for me at all.

Oh, yes.  That is how it was done before.  One could find a cached page that one posted in.  Urgh. But looking at one's posts, and then googling that, might help.

I will support Mz Terry here, her count was 7500 when I overtook, and is a lot more than that now, circa 8000

19 hours ago, Mz Terry said:

My post count has plummeted but I can't get anywhere on Wayback. 

Here you are now:

terrynew.jpg

And, Googling a post that you made before the migration and then using the "cached" option, I have:

Terry_Old.jpg

The URL is:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:hl3OgURraRMJ:www.asexuality.org/en/topic/48196-anyone-past-50-on-here/page-459+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

I can update your postcount to the 7688 level if you wish.

1 hour ago, Kelly said:

Here you are now:

terrynew.jpg

And, Googling a post that you made before the migration and then using the "cached" option, I have:

Terry_Old.jpg

The URL is:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:hl3OgURraRMJ:www.asexuality.org/en/topic/48196-anyone-past-50-on-here/page-459+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

I can update your postcount to the 7688 level if you wish.

Thank you, Kelly, that is magic. :P   Please do.

I wonder why this happened... Because aren't some people still losing a small bit of posts even if it is replaced? Because of the posts made after the migration? 

Anyway, I think I'm fine. I hope so. I don't think I've seen a difference, but my activity has gone way up since the migration.

Archived