American AVENites, for whom did you vote?

Joe the Stoic

For whom did you vote?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. For whom did you vote?

• Hillary
    • Trump
    • Stein
    • Johnson
    • Wrote in Bernie
    • Wrote in someone else
    • Other
    • I did not vote for President

This poll is closed to new votes

EmotionalAndroid
41 minutes ago, drjohnhwatson said:

I think the bigger problem is that people think we're a democracy (we're not) and that a huge portion of society can vote but doesn't vote.  They estimated 40% of the eligible voting population didn't vote.  That could have very definitely changed who won the election!

Yes, I definitely agree! This is a major problem in this country. Perhaps this election will be the impetus to change that in the future.

okay-but-martin-freeman

Trump. Don't want to start a flame war here...

The Terrible Travis
On 1/23/2017 at 7:57 AM, EmotionalAndroid said:

While no candidate was the best, I voted for Hillary. She is definitely the most qualified candidate.

I did not want to see DT in the white house, and voting for Hillary was the only way to try to prevent it. Voting for a smaller party only took votes away from the Democrats, which is part of the reason, I think, why DT got in there in the first place. This was NOT the election to make "protest votes" by writing names in or choosing a small party that had no chance of winning.

The most effective way to prevent Donald Trump from being president would've been voting for Bernie in the primary, not voting for Hillary in the general. And I strongly disagree that this was not the election to make "protest votes" - this was EXACTLY the election to make so-called "protest votes". Both major party nominees were at historically high unfavorable ratings, and third party candidates were making record numbers in the polls. There was a high chance in this election that a third party candidate could reach 5% and thus receive federal funding for their party, which would put a MAJOR dent in the disastrous two-party system.

I didn't vote, but I did observe a certain trend in the local redneck population and corrected more than a few people on Trump's "self made businessman" legacy.

For the record, I don't care if you voted for Trump as long as you had an actual reason to vote for Trump. "Trump represents the average American!" and "Hillary was going to give all our money to immigrants!" do not count. *face/palm*

• 4 months later...
darkstreamers252
On 11/30/2016 at 1:53 PM, =NolePtr said:

Voting for a 3rd party is stealing votes from the Democrats.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

It might if the person lives in a swing state and they vote for a right-wing third-party.

Your vote doesn't count if you don't vote for your state's party in non-swing states.

• 5 months later...

@Joe Parrish

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived