You are the only man/woman, and everybody else is of the opposite sex/gender

R_1

J. van Deijck
6 minutes ago, QuirkyGeek said:

I'm rather hopeful in terms of not meeting a rapist. I have enough faith in the people I know, and men in general to have the sense not to rape someone the moment a large portion of the world disappears.

:D I like it.

no buy seriously. if I was surrounded by women only, should I fear rapists, too? :huh:

If John Townsend is still on earth, then fine.

SorryNotSorry

Uhh, yeah... most of us rather like not doing something that will put us in prison...

11 hours ago, alpha decay said:

no buy seriously. if I was surrounded by women only, should I fear rapists, too? :huh:

I don't think so. As long as you aren't with complete strangers, you should be fine. As one of them, I can say there's good women out there too.

I feel like that would be hell. No other women to fall in love with. 

• 4 months later...

If I were the last man on Earth with 4 billion women, I would probably break down and try to sire 10,000 to 50,000 (enough to be the richest person or organisation on Earth) children with the most intellegent, healthy, and beautiful women.  There would also be a very limited elgibility span, during peak level fertility age (below 30 to prevent defects.)  I would break down and do it the old fashoned way for a decade with a $1,000,000 siring fee for my at that point precious time in an extremely secure location.  But would use my clout to demand that all sperm banks be emptied so as to create as many viable children as possible.  Perhaps 1 for every 100 people if we are very sparing.

On 7/25/2017 at 8:28 PM, [noize:injekktion] said:

Absolutely, it would throw the keymaster vs gatekeeper dichotomy out the window, and you would find out just how violent and agressive 4 billion frustrated women can be.  You could literally be 300 pounds and acne ridden, and you will still be at risk of rape, violence, kidnapping, ransom, etc.  A good portion might turn to celebacy or lesbianism, but 10,000 bad apples total out of 4,000,000,000 could make your life a wide awake nightmare.

Or I would write a letter to my mother asking her to forgive me, put the barrel of my .45 in my mouth, and end my life.

All the women would pressure me to lose my virginity and have kids to continue our species, then start freaking out because of my orientation. Many of them would go after me, but I'd get my girlfriend and run off with her to get away from the other women.

After spending some months in hiding with my girlfriend, we'd start arguing about the future of humanity. My conscience and her encouragement would eventually cause me to face the other women and get them pregnant. My girlfriend would then try to comfort me, reassuring me that it was done for the good of the world.

My answer from last year remains the same. If it were the other way around, and I was one of the women left while the last man left didn’t want to impegnate any women and “save” the human race(Who exactly would they be saving anyway? Future humans are too non-existent to care whether or not they’ll ever be born), I’d be like “Cool, good for him.”

I guess then I'd have to drop my asexuality for the good of the human race, assuming men can be born in this world. Otherwise, I'd probably do the same shit I'm doing right now since my actions don't revolve around attracting the opposite sex. I assume I'd be a lot more popular since I'd be so unique. In a world where I'm the only one of my kind I'd probably be some kind of world wide superstar.

NotGojoSatoru

I shall become swift as a coursing river...

Have all the force of a great typhoon...

Get the strength of a Raging Fire...

Become mysterious as the Dark Side of the Moon...

:D

Well, being a person with XX chromosomes, I will go into hiding quite immediately and subtly try to manipulate the other humans to learn about human cloning. Or just live my life hiding from the rest of the humanity (which would be alright if I have enough number of books to last me a while and perhaps have a pet). I wouldn't mind helping out if they figure out a method of reproduction that doesn't involve intercourse though.

• 4 months later...
ôÿē èîęēú ïė ēôēįîûôø

If I were the only male left in the world, I would be wearing a shirt that says 'DON'T TOUCH ME' and I would have a forcefield surrounding me. I don't care if the world's population is in danger. I think sex is disgusting. Also, I heard that females can reproduce with other females, so I wouldn't technically have to save the human race!

It wouldn't matter if I did pump out kids, they wouldn't have enough genetic diversity to keep the human race alive so it wouldn't matter.

I think I would rather kill myself than stay alive in such world. Opposite gender is nice at times, but they scare me. 

I may just take over the Azzam and hide out indefinitely somewhere in the Arctic Ocean

FYI this is the azzam with a helicopter for comparison near the front

Spoiler

Impressive-180m-mega-yacht-AZZAM-by-Lurs

In other words, yes, I wouldn't by any means be a human breeding machine. That would be (a) a nightmare, and (b) simply NO.

SorryNotSorry

Be careful what you wish for.

It's generally accepted that robots that can pass for human will become an eventuality, so for demographics, all we have to turn to is the well-established community of sex doll owners for an idea of the numbers involved. Women who own male sex dolls are few and far between compared to men who own female ones, and that's not counting those who'd want one if they could afford one. That's a LOT of women men wouldn't be interested in, once you get past the large number of women who'd be glad to never have to deal with men again. Men would become commoditized, much like steel and petroleum. In a world like that, it sure would feel pretty manless.

Imagine a guy who often goes out to a favorite restaurant by himself for dinner, and one of the waitresses has a serious case of the hots for him but he's not interested in her. One evening the guy enters the restaurant arm in arm with an impossibly gorgeous woman who's obviously in love with him, but if you were able to get a close enough look, you'd see that the hairs on her head are arranged in neat rows, her skin doesn't have a single blemish, etc etc—because she's a machine. How would the waitress feel then??? Come on, admit it: you don't think the guy deserves that great-looking fake woman.

Hell with 2050 and 2040. The way things have been going with AI and robotics, it would surprise me if the first life-like bots came out as late as 2025. That will be about the closest thing to a manless world as most of us will ever experience.

I'd start getting testosterone injections ordered on the dark web and wearing masculine outfits and avoiding doctors, so nobody could tell I have female parts. If the info leaked somehow, I'd be heading towards spending my life in a rocket, in space, eating whatever food I have stashed there and reading comic books again and again, till I die :D   

On 6/1/2018 at 3:51 PM, Woodworker1968 said:

Be careful what you wish for.

It's generally accepted that robots that can pass for human will become an eventuality, so for demographics, all we have to turn to is the well-established community of sex doll owners for an idea of the numbers involved. Women who own male sex dolls are few and far between compared to men who own female ones, and that's not counting those who'd want one if they could afford one. That's a LOT of women men wouldn't be interested in, once you get past the large number of women who'd be glad to never have to deal with men again. Men would become commoditized, much like steel and petroleum. In a world like that, it sure would feel pretty manless.

Imagine a guy who often goes out to a favorite restaurant by himself for dinner, and one of the waitresses has a serious case of the hots for him but he's not interested in her. One evening the guy enters the restaurant arm in arm with an impossibly gorgeous woman who's obviously in love with him, but if you were able to get a close enough look, you'd see that the hairs on her head are arranged in neat rows, her skin doesn't have a single blemish, etc etc—because she's a machine. How would the waitress feel then??? Come on, admit it: you don't think the guy deserves that great-looking fake woman.

Hell with 2050 and 2040. The way things have been going with AI and robotics, it would surprise me if the first life-like bots came out as late as 2025. That will be about the closest thing to a manless world as most of us will ever experience.

I can't wait.

There's a very particular kind of man who wants to give up women for sex bots. Let 'em go! More power to them. It always gives me a good chuckle.

--

As for the original question, eurgh. I'd probably do the noble thing and donate a bunch of eggs, and then probably start having babies, and probably aborting the male ones. It's very dystopian, isn't it? But I'd probably do whatever science told me to. We probably couldn't save the species, but we could try.

The good (and horribly depressing) news is that I'd be the most protected person in the world. I'd have the best security and medical care imaginable as a broodmother.

Can't remember if I commented in here or no. I'd make myself dissappear. It'd be a once in a lifetime opportunity. I could non-violently and passively remove our species from existence without hurting anyone or enforcing unjust rules on them.

Archived