You are the only man/woman, and everybody else is of the opposite sex/gender

R_1

I know this doesn't apply to binary people, but let's pretend you're binary for a minute here just in case, and ponder the question.

Let's say suddenly tomorrow, every men or women disappeared, but you are the only person with different set of parts/gender.

How do you think you'll end up? How would other people communicate with you?

43 minutes ago, Simowl said:

As a gay guy...... sigh

As a bisexual, I'd be decently put out.

Hermit Advocate

As a female I suspect that I'd get raped.

5 minutes ago, Hey you in the corner said:

Same, not because men are rapists, but because people would want to continue the human race, and as a sex-repulsed asexual I definitely wouldn't want to.  I guess this could change if it went by gender instead of sex though, because then it would be possible that there are other people with female parts, and I wouldn't be the only hope for humanity to continue.

3 minutes ago, deltaX said:

people would want to continue the human race

They would be greatly disappointed by those infertile and we'd all be doomed.

I would rather cut my torso open and rip my organs out before being subjected to the living hell that being a broodmare would be.

2 hours ago, Hey you in the corner said:

Either way, in this kind of world, it wouldn't matter if you're a female or male, you're statistically more likely to become a victim of that, but one thing is clear is that the perpetrators are in the minority and they'll stay in the minority even in this kind of world.. A group of women can easily overpower even a strong man, and especially if those women exercise.

Hermit Advocate

True, but if you're the last male alive you can donate sperm and the women could repopulate the planet themselves. Not so easy if your the only woman on the planet. 

2 minutes ago, Hey you in the corner said:

True, but if you're the last male alive you can donate sperm and the women could repopulate the planet themselves. Not so easy if your the only woman on the planet. 

There's always embryos for homosexual couples. And yeah, it would be a lot harder for the only woman in that world. Nonetheless, both scenarios would really suck regardless.

Hermit Advocate

True. Good thing this isn't a likely scenario otherwise I'd be freaking out and building myself a bunker. 

Train to be like Saitama. Defeat the ones who'd dare touch me, with just one PUNCH.

this means following this fitness regimen:

• 100 Push-Ups
  • 100 Sit-Ups
  • 100 Squats
  • 10KM Running (that’s 6.2 miles) 

yep.. A lot, but I need to defend myself right? Maybe I should start this fitness regimen now... Just in case.

oh and, I'd need a secret base, right? 

here it is, Nobody will find me in here.

Spoiler

pulw7.jpg

Not signed in

Not signed in

Oh and for EXTRA safety cut hair this short.

Spoiler

600c5276-cd0e-4676-aa71-d31fe0940d5d.jpg

Not signed in

Not signed in

Oh and food!! I'd eat wildlife, of course! 

and when I'm completely trained... I'll venture out back to society.

that of course, is my plan.  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 hour ago, Hey you in the corner said:

Not being female, so would I. I guess I would hole up with weapons and lots and lots of ammunition, ready to shoot all comers on sight. Only a dead woman is a safe woman... *sigh*

nanogretchen4

I would have to try to pass as a man in order to have any reasonable quality of life. Also, I'm too old to get pregnant so the human species would be counting down to extinction. The men could either accept it with dignity or get very motivated to invent artificial wombs.

Live alone with a bunch of weapons. Basically the same way I'd like to live already, except if I were the only woman left I'd probably need those weapons even more.

Since I would be the only man alive, I'd wager my chances of getting raped is pretty high, so I'd set out with a gun in search of a lesbian militia.  Which I imagine I would find somewhere in Colorado.   It would be a long, dangerous trip so I imagine along the way, I'd be killing a lot of people... I mean, I'm suddenly the last man? Something apocalyptic had to have happened for that to happen, so we'd be in Mad Max times.... Mad Maxine?   

Either way, when I make it to the bunker of where the lesbian militia is hiding out in, I make a deal with them.  I promise them that in exchange for my safety, I will provide all the sperm they need to reproduce.   Eventually, the militia grows and under the leadership of one of my daughters, begins to conqueror the surrounding regions.  People are enslaved, or sacrificed to their tribal god.  Ashamed that my seed brought suffering into the world, I end my life.

IDK. - The spook will most likely last just 17 years for me, then my sons will face a peaceful world full of lewd mature women ready to spoil and pamper them.

My big challenge will be getting hold of management and security. Not sure if I have friends to trust with that chore, but I guess I'd find out.

Goals would be not being liable to pay child support and having a good time. - If people remain interested in conventional sex I could probably be somewhat picky and meet rather nice folks on my way.

I wouldn't be overly worried about humanity and the world. - There is a stock of donor sperm somewhere, and maybe even enough scientists to figure out how to do artificial reproduction without having it at hand.

Speaking logically, there's no hope for humanity to continue via normal biological processes under these circumstances. One woman can only have so many children in her life time, and one man can certainly father a lot MORE kids but...then that entire generation are half siblings. There's a reason humans are so squicked out by the idea of incest...its because doing so tends to lead to much higher chances of the child coming out with mental or physical defects. So perhaps, with a single male survivor and careful selective breeding, we could have the male children of the first 'after disappearance event' breed with the youngest women that are NOT their own mothers or their mother's family, and keep careful track of the bloodlines to make sure that every one knew who was second cousins with whom...but after two or three generations, every one is too closely related. Humanity could hold out for another hundred and fifty, two hundred years maybe, before the offspring were no longer able to even care for themselves, let alone try to create more.

Under this circumstance, the only hope for humanity is to not only completely decode human DNA, but also learn to restructure it manually in a lab, create unique human beings without relying on the natural role of the proverbial dice on the genes. Create life without input from increasingly inbred pre-existing humans.

So, if i were the last woman on earth, I would cry, because that would mean many of the people I care about are gone. Then I would take the opportunity to grab my bug out bag and head into the woods, leaving a note telling people to find the scientists and get them working on figuring out artificial gene sequencing, if they haven't already started. Live out the rest of my life in the forest with the trees like a good little hippy. Let humanity either succeed or fail in their mission to artificially create real humans, because goodness knows I'm not smart enough to help with that.

3 hours ago, (A) & A said:

Since I would be the only man alive, I'd wager my chances of getting raped is pretty high, so I'd set out with a gun in search of a lesbian militia.  Which I imagine I would find somewhere in Colorado.   It would be a long, dangerous trip so I imagine along the way, I'd be killing a lot of people... I mean, I'm suddenly the last man? Something apocalyptic had to have happened for that to happen, so we'd be in Mad Max times.... Mad Maxine?   

Either way, when I make it to the bunker of where the lesbian militia is hiding out in, I make a deal with them.  I promise them that in exchange for my safety, I will provide all the sperm they need to reproduce.   Eventually, the militia grows and under the leadership of one of my daughters, begins to conqueror the surrounding regions.  People are enslaved, or sacrificed to their tribal god.  Ashamed that my seed brought suffering into the world, I end my life.

I live in Colorado, can I join this lesbian militia? 

11 hours ago, Hey you in the corner said:

Would most likely go back to stone age society.. So yeah, it would be some stronger males who fought over you and kept you safe in order to make sure that it was their kid who would pass on, and not someone elses.. So in that respect you would be safe from rape, but if your partner was chosen or was forced upon you is another thing. If I were the only male left, then it would probally be a smilar scenario, only that it would be more than one woman having the male for reproduction as males reproduce at a faster rate. 

If you want to repopulate the world, then you'd really need to be the last male. 

Because I'm FTM... does that mean the rest of the world would be MTF?

I'd be rather put out that there won't be any more dudes to hang out with. But there won't be anymore transphobic/misinformed cis people to deal with, so that's a plus. I don't want to be pregnant, but if I don't have to deal with the kid, I might consent. I might be compelled to consent anyway.

WhenSummersGone

I wouldn't want to live to be honest. I don't need the reproduction pressure especially towards men I'm not attracted to.

5 hours ago, CaptainYesterday said:

A population cannot be revived/sustained if only a single female is left.  One baby a year, half are male, chances of infertility, etc.  It becomes especially difficult if she's unwilling.

I'd like to think enough men would see the futility of subjecting the last remaining woman to that and she'd be able to find protection.  This is basically the plot to Children of Men, right?

I'm not as sure about sustaining a population with one man.  While one man could impregnate literally the rest of the world, I don't know how much of an issue genetic diversity would be at that point.  My gut says that enough healthy babies make it through the years of inbreeding, though the species as a whole might be weak to various sicknesses.

I'd also say a lot of the people here saying that they wouldn't want to participate due to their sexual orientation would most likely feel differently in an actual, real life scenario.  

You really wouldn't want to be the savior of humanity?  Assuming that society can continue in the first place, they're going to force you to participate.  You would rather go down in history as someone who was going to doom the entire species to extinction?  That' a lose/lose scenario.

If you're going to be forced to do a bunch of sexual stuff that you don't want to do either way, you might as well become some mythical historical figure while you're at it.  You'll probably start some new religion or something.

The reason I wouldn't want to participate in repopulating the earth would be because as a female, I would know there was only so much I could do.  As you already said, it would be next to impossible to sustain a population with only one woman left.  It seems pointless to subject myself to something that makes me so uncomfortable for something that will almost certainly fail anyway.  I'd much rather spend the last days of humanity living my own life instead of acting as a womb.

I suspect my feelings would change if I had male parts, but I don't, so I have no idea.

Even if I wasn't sex repulsed and pregnancy repulsed or if I was male I wouldn't want to repopulate the world. The biggest reason I don't want kids is because I don't want to bring anyone into this messed up world. Obviously the world would still be pretty messed up in that scenario, especially if my descendants end up having a bunch of diseases from being inbred. Between that and the fact most humans(yes including myself) are, frankly, polluting bricks in the wall, I just don't see any plus sides to continuing the species in that scenario.

Don't think you would have much choice to be honest. Either your instincts would kick in, or others would kick you..

1 hour ago, ThaHoward said:

Don't think you would have much choice to be honest. Either your instincts would kick in, or others would kick you..

Then I'd rather die than have my freedom and bodily autonomy stripped from me like that. And I don't give a flip if I go down in history as the frigid scum who doomed humanity, humanity's already doomed. Why would I need the approval and admiration of people who wanted to rape and use me for their own selfish reasons?

Archived