Any industrial music fans?

J. van Deijck

J. van Deijck

one of the classics:

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

one more classic:

this song is so different from everything else in this genre. in fact, he mourns the death of his father in this song. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
J. van Deijck

I have found a band.

I've listened to a couple of their songs and to me, they sound very much like Suicide Commando. which means, their music is awesome, but definitely nothing original. for sure I was feeling like I was listening to a new SC album or whatever.

• 2 weeks later...
J. van Deijck

just found a Latvian powernoise band and my life is complete now.

the band name is Rosewater and apparently they're rather unknown :D actually this song kind of sounds like something that could have been made by Noisuf-X, but it's not even a bad thing.

• Like 1
Spectre/Ex/Machina

Ummm... I like Nine Inch Nails, Orgy and Stabbing Westward a lot, to a less extent(for now) Apoptygma and Rammstein...I didn't realize that I was listening to and enjoying Industrial for so long, weird. If you want to recommend any artist, that'd be great.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I know it's not "purely" industrial or whatever, but still I think some tracks by Martin Garrix deserve to be mentioned here.❤️

• 3 months later...

@Jelle van der Lee, lots of new mixes and stuff from old favourites here 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2016 at 2:00 PM, Jelle van der Lee said:

So I don't expect many answers here.

Lol..... Just flipping through some music related threads here on AVEN. 1177 Replies to this one!

Sorry I'm unable to post any new industrial music here. I can appreciate the music (tempo and industrial sounds), especially in dance aerobics class, but I would prefer stuff without growling and without aggressive lyrics. Anyone can recommend something off the top of their head?

Edit: oh, maybe I could share my very first encounter loooong time ago with this type of music: Mer strom (Bjorn Svin), and that is the only piece where I know the title and artist.

• Like 1

@elisabeth_II I could recommend some material, although it's not pure industial but has (quite heavy) electronic influences.

Aesthetic Perfection started as a aggrotech (growling) band, but later slowly moved towards more pop and dance like music. Their music nowadays is generally light sounding, although they often include quite serious topics in their lyrics and box art. If you end up liking their recent material, I'd recommend checking out their early, more agrressive albums. I also usually don't like growling lyrics, but they managed to pull it of in a manner that I enjoyed.

Spoiler

Covenant also makes quite light sounding electronic music. Their early works were much closer to traditional industial but didn't use growling lyrics.

Spoiler

Klayton is a musician who has many industial/electronic music projects. His most well known band is Celldweller, which is more aggressive than that of the previous bands, but not exessively so. He also also has at leats two other music projects that I know of, Circle of Dust and Scandroid. Circle of Dust tends to be quite agrressive, Scandroid less so.

Spoiler

Front 242 is an band from the 80's who were one of the first ones to experiment with mixing industial and electronic music. Their music has more of that raw indrustial sound that the previous ones.

Spoiler

Front Line Assembly is my personal favorite and they have also experiment quite heavily with mixing electronic and industrial music together . They don't use growling lyrics, although they might be a bit too aggressive for your tastes.

Spoiler

Hopefully there's something you like:)

18 hours ago, Toads said:

Hopefully there's something you like

Thanks, they were all on spotify so I have them on my phone now and gonna check them out!

On 1/20/2020 at 6:47 PM, Toads said:

Aesthetic Perfection

Wickedness is cool, and also, that Echo is stuck inside my ears since yesterday =P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
J. van Deijck

Anyone has an idea what kind of synthesizer they use in this video? Is it Minimoog or something?

EDIT: nvm I think I have found it :P

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

I've recently discovered Ashbury Heights.

Spoiler

Also, I've just discovered that the album title says "newlydeads" :D

Random click discovery:

Spoiler

• Like 3
J. van Deijck
On 8/15/2020 at 5:15 PM, Piotrek said:

Random click discovery:

Ooo yeah, one of his best songs IMO ♡ :D

• 2 months later...
J. van Deijck

This band is actually black metal, but this is pretty industrial.

J. van Deijck

When you realise your favourite musician is actually a normal human being :D

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Man i love neue deutsche harte this is german industrial metal and also Centhron as an aggrotech band.

here is the list of ndh bands i listen to:

Ost+Front, Heldmaschine, Stahlmann, Erdling, Maerzfeld, Unzucht, Schattenmann, Schwarzer Engel, Lord of the Lost, Stoneman, [DIE!], Treibhaus, Der Bote, Die Kreatur.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ozHUBJmv-0

• Like 1

Great thread, just discovered it yet!
Nice to have some music suggestions here, looking forward to listening.

My favourites include C-Lekktor, Wynardtage and Solitary Experiments; Assemblage 23 is great as well.

At the moment, I also like this song a lot (as you mentioned German bands - guess this one is German as well):

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Yes I love electronic music!! Techno, hardstyle ,frechcore, Goa trance, industrial

rave!

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

Honestly, I'm happy this thread is alive and kicking :D

• Like 1
DemonicEnby

Yep, like industrial very much. Grendel, Xotox, Suicide Commando, Agonoize, Centron, Noisuf-X, Feindflug, Das Ich, SIDT... (and a whole number of others from various compilations, those before are artists I actually have albums from). 

But I like hardcore, techno, minimal and trance just as much.

Oh and what today is called "euro-dance", though in the 90s it was just called techno (or ear-splitting noise according to my mum?). 

• Like 1
  • 10 months later...
J. van Deijck
On 4/21/2021 at 2:38 PM, DemonicEnby said:

Yep, like industrial very much. Grendel, Xotox, Suicide Commando, Agonoize, Centron, Noisuf-X, Feindflug, Das Ich, SIDT... (and a whole number of others from various compilations, those before are artists I actually have albums from). 

But I like hardcore, techno, minimal and trance just as much.

Oh and what today is called "euro-dance", though in the 90s it was just called techno (or ear-splitting noise according to my mum?). 

OMG such a good taste in music.

Sorry for the late response :blush:

J. van Deijck

Btw I just noticed, where is Toads? 😱

• 2 weeks later...
Altair the Heretic

I got into industrial from Akira Yamaoka's work in Silent Hill

I really like Front Line Assembly and Einstürzende Neubauten (especially their early songs)

• Like 2