Any industrial music fans?

J. van Deijck

J. van Deijck
13 minutes ago, sam#2 said:

but it is soooooo great tho. I saw combichrist live and everyone was cold ignoring them, that audience was just not worthy of them :D poor guy tried so hard to get the mood up. being the supporting act gotta suck.

What :( people suck. <_<

I always thought they were kind of loved all around, though :D 

10 hours ago, UVB-76 said:

@will123 isn't it Butyric Acid by Consolidated maybe?

Consolidated sounds familar. I'll try to find an audio clip.

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

According to wikipedia:

Between 1989 and 1994, their instrumental style evolved from industrial, to hip-hop, to hard rock and funk with mixtures of 'live' instruments and electronic instruments.

Hmm. :huh:

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, UVB-76 said:

What :( people suck. <_<

I always thought they were kind of loved all around, though :D 

maybe Rammstein fans just suck

• Like 1
J. van Deijck
12 minutes ago, sam#2 said:

...that explains everything. <_<:lol:

36 minutes ago, sam#2 said:

Excuuuuse me?!

:P

• Like 2
J. van Deijck
21 minutes ago, miau said:

Excuuuuse me?!

:P

Maybe not all of them. :P 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, UVB-76 said:

According to wikipedia:

Hmm. :huh:

UVB, thanks for the help! That's the song. As soon as you mentioned Consolidated, I figured you were heading in the right direction as I recalled hearing that name when that song was played. I had tried Google, but nothing came up that was even close. If you were a newbie, I'd be giving you a piece of cake ;-)

• Like 1
1 minute ago, sam#2 said:

are you saying he isn't worthy of cake? :o

No, I didn't think the cake giving would apply to someone that had over 14,000 posts. My apologies if cake is good for any "joyous" occasions.

• Like 1

IMG_0445.JPG there's not a single one with neon green unless you're 13 or your name is morgan xD 

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

Morgan... I knew a dog with that name :lol: but he didn't like cake. :<

Yay! I may not be a newbie, but I'm glad I was able to help :3 the song is really good, by the way.

*but wait! A yellowcake is approved as well. :3

• Like 1
4 hours ago, UVB-76 said:

Morgan... I knew a dog with that name :lol: but he didn't like cake. :<

Yay! I may not be a newbie, but I'm glad I was able to help :3 the song is really good, by the way.

*but wait! A yellowcake is approved as well. :3

Yes, the song got quite a bit of airplay on 102.1, CFNY's Friday night live to air program. That "hockey season" introduced me to a lot of music I wasn't aware of. I think the only song that got played then that I've heard later on "regular FM radio was 

I had to laugh when I heard it on "The Mix" kind of a "Lite Rock" leaning towards Classic Rock. Unfortunately bought and now Virgin Radio 99.9. I'm not disappointed about the name, but the horrible crap that is passed off as |popular" music anymore. Pablum as a friend calls it. 

• Like 1
On 12/16/2016 at 8:43 AM, Tanzanite said:

I don't have much outside of the Batman Beyond soundtrack and some KMFDM stuff. This is one of those genres I keep forgetting to get more songs from despite already liking them.

On 12/16/2016 at 9:24 AM, UVB-76 said:

But I liked your post because of KMFDM :wub:

Not sure if this fits the theme of the thread but since you folks are into KMFDM, I have a question about this song:

The vocals seem similar to that of  Sascha's. There doesn't appear to be any link between the two bands. Is this just a case of both vocals being manipulated with the same "effects"?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, will123 said:

Not sure if this fits the theme of the thread but since you folks are into KMFDM, I have a question about this song:

The vocals seem similar to that of  Sascha's. There doesn't appear to be any link between the two bands. Is this just a case of both vocals being manipulated with the same "effects"?

Yeah, the vocal effect sounds a little like KMFDM through that Hau Ruck song. They probably used a similar voice modulator or something.

• Like 2

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Gary Numan. His later releases/remixes are a definite change from his earlier stuff.

Not sure if you'd call it "pure industrial, but here are a couple of my faves:

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Tanzanite said:

Yeah, the vocal effect sounds a little like KMFDM through that Hau Ruck song. They probably used a similar voice modulator or something.

I was think more along the lines of Hole In The Wall

Not so AVEN friendly graphics and lyrics (oh well). As was said earlier, with a lot of songs, I'm more into the music/beat than the actual lyrics. Ask me what a song is about and I'd say, I haven't a clue.

• Like 2
J. van Deijck

Statix-X is probably industrial metal, so it is allowed in this thread :3

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

I'm going to contribute another long post soon.

1 minute ago, j0shu.a said:

I like industrial! Placebo's my favorite. Some people seem to think they're more "progressive" or "alternative rock", but I feel like they have elements of industrial music. I'm not very good at defining genres, though, so if any of this is off, sorry.

I enjoy what I've heard of Stabbing Westward's music, but haven't heard a whole ton of them.

I know what you mean. I just like what I like regardless of the genre ;-)

I'm pretty sure this is the only song of their's that I'm familiar with:

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

NIN, Emilie Autumn and Mindless Self Indulgence are okay here. :D 

MSI have industrial elements...? (I mean fuck the genre, they're awesome, but am I deaf?)

18 hours ago, will123 said:

There's a live version (from Germany) on Youtube, but the sound quality isn't that great.

• Like 1
J. van Deijck
6 hours ago, sam#2 said:

MSI have industrial elements...? (I mean fuck the genre, they're awesome, but am I deaf?)

I don't think so, but it's getting quite amusing :D

J. van Deijck

I promised myself to listen to all the songs that have been posted by people other than me, but both me & my phone are already dead. <_<

I'm not good at keeping promises today. ._.

• Like 1