Giveaway: Book with Asexual Protagonist

girlinstory

Interface is young adult dystopian novel. It's coming out this Thanksgiving, and I'm holding a Goodreads giveaway.

https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/show/211761?utm_medium=api&utm_source=giveaway_widget

CwMDp7XUEAAfMh_.jpg

It's 2048, and Big Brother is binge watching.

The future always seemed bright, but it turns out that was just global warming. Meals don’t come in pills, shoes don’t lace themselves, and there are flying cars, but the gas mileage sucks. There is one difference. People have always searched the internet for answers. Now they actually worship it.

Pen Nowen’s father was the founder of Interface, a computer company so big and powerful that people began praying to it. Especially when his death almost tanked the economy.

Seven years later, Pen’s just finished her junior year of high school. For their summer vacations, all of her friends are going to Disneyland, Tijuana, or Disneyland Tijuana, but Pen’s going on a pilgrimage to pray for what’s left of her family. She’s on her way to the Interface flagship store when she gets kidnapped.

It’s the second time this year. She’s about to begin the ransom negotiations when the kidnapper says that he doesn’t want money. He wants something else from her. Before Pen can text 911, he says something even creepier.

He knows the truth about her dad’s death.

booksaremysexlife

"The future always seemed bright, but it turns out that was just global warming."

That hooked me because it is so great.

The book sounds great! And an ace character too! Huzzah! :cake:

booksaremysexlife

WAIT YOU CAN ACTUALLY GET A FREE BOOK? THIS SOUNDS SO GREAT!

(May I ask how this works? Sorry it just sounds so awesome. And I don't have to worry about all the sexual attraction nonsense)

WAIT YOU CAN ACTUALLY GET A FREE BOOK? THIS SOUNDS SO GREAT!

(May I ask how this works? Sorry it just sounds so awesome. And I don't have to worry about all the sexual attraction nonsense)

Thank you so much! If you have a Goodreads account, you should just be able to click the button on the bottom left hand corner of the screen that says Enter Giveaway. Then on Thanksgiving, someone will be randomly selected as the winner.

P.S. Love your avatar!

Hermit Advocate

I just have to say this girlinstory, I love what you put down for your gender and pronouns.

Thanks! They had a Star Wars costume exhibit at the EMP, and I just couldn't help but identify with Emperor Palpatine's costume.

Hermit Advocate

I love the EMP, I just hate dealing with the traffic to get there.

I can understand that. I live in Portland, so I Bolt Bus it. What I'm not the biggest fan of is the prices, especially for the special exhibits like Star Wars and Star Trek. (Nerdiness is pretty much my only vice, so I still pay it. I just have my Angry Eyes on when I do.)

Hermit Advocate

I feel like prices just keep going up. I applaud your dedication of busing all the way to Seattle. 

Archived