Server Transfer: Nov 18-20, 2016

Coleslaw

Hey everyone,

We will be taking the site offline in order to complete a full server migration. Our stability issues currently have severely hampered our progress on backups for migrating the entirety of our forums and language partner sites, so to ensure we have enough time to complete the transfer, we're planning for downtime between 12:00 PST Friday, November 18th, through 18:00 PST Sunday, November 20th.

Over the course of that window, we will be performing a series of upgrades on our forum and many of our partner language forums. Our forum software will be upgraded to version 4 of Invision Power Board. Of the many improvements it will bring, you will most noticeably receive a fully responsive forum browsing experience, bringing AVEN to phones and tablets in a reliable format, and there will be numerous performance improvements to the database, which will be a welcome change to most everyone.

While we are down, please use the backup board, as it is unattached to our server and will be unaffected. Once we finish our transfer, we will post an announcement.

Thanks for your continued patience,

Coleslaw (and the whole tech team)

Thank you guys so much :)

Hooray! :cake:

While we are down, please use the backup board, as it is unattached to our server and will be unaffected.

So where is the backup board? :P

(I know where it is, but might be helpful to include the location here)

I can't wait!!! :cake:

Thanks again everyone who donated to make the new server possible, or who provided support in a myriad of other ways!

:wub: :wub: :wub: :D :D

I'm so excited!! Thank you so much for the news and all the hard work, Cole and team!! And huge thanks to everyone that donated as well. : ))

(tried to like all the posts, but you know how it goes)

Yay! Great news! :cake: :D

Fantastic news!

At the risk of being very boring - don't forget - if you haven't already registered on the back up board, you'll need to do it. You aren't automatically added :)

I'm so happy to hear this! Thanks so much Cole, and the tech team. I'm so glad to have contributed to this by donating to AVEN :)

cOiSwFi.gif

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*marked in calendar so I won't bitch*

Great news

Thank you everyone for your donations which have made this possible 🎂 🎂 🎂 🎂

Awesome! :D

Does this mean we'll have themes again as well?

Been there, done that. Server migrations are a real pain in the rear. Looking forward to the improvements.

Archived