AVEN and mental health (poll)

AVEN #1 fan

AVEN on health issues?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. do you suffer from any issues below?

• depression
    • anxiety
    • bipolar disorder
    • PTSD
    • multiple personalities
    • traumas
    • gender dysphoria
    • anorexia
    • compulsive eating
    • bulimia
    • dermatilomania
    • tricchotilomania
    • autism
    • attention deficit
    • other
    • schizophrenia
    • OCD
    • perfectionism
    • compulsive hoarding
  2. 2. are you?

• trans
    • genderqueer
    • homo/bi/pan/poly/etc
    • ace
    • aro
    • polygamous
    • intersex
    • none of the above
    • gray-ace/demi/recip/etc
    • gray-aro/demi/recip/etc
    • alterous
    • gray-alterous/demi/recip/etc
  3. 3. how bad is your pain? (In a scale of 1 to 10)

This poll is closed to new votes

• 2 weeks later...
WhenSummersGone

Depression is the one that affects me the most. I do have PTSD rarely, anxiety and mild autism. Also some OCD, multiple personalities and perfectionism. I'm trying to get professional and experienced help.

Hermit Advocate

Minor depression and occasional anxiety. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anxiety which i have mostly under control by avoiding major life changes like the plague.  So not really under control, i just avoid what gives me anxiety.  

It's probably to do with the feeling of being marginalised not being understood and also something we could do is probs meetup more because we need to see that we are not alone.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't suffer from autism, I'm autistic. I don't see it as something bad, or as something I 'have', it's a part of my identity. 

Nea Rose Symphony

Keep in mind I've never been officially diagnosed. Based on my symptoms I've had some form of depression in the past which is the only one I checked. I suspect I might have had anxiety before plus I've definitely had panic attacks at work. An online friend had once suspected I might be high functioning autism spectrum but as I've never been tested I don't want to say that for sure

I'm diagnosed Asperger's, ADHD, Anxiety, mild depression and eating disorder. I started out with orthorexia went from there to anorexia (which is why I've been away from AVEN for a while) and then to Bulimia. I've been in recovery for about two months, I have set backs, good days and bad days... 

I didn't choose any of it. I was born with AS and ADHD and I didn't just wake up one day with EDs, it happened slowly over time. I exercised and restricted as an unhealthy method to try and control the ADHD. It stripped away my personality, took control of my life and almost killed me. I have so much hatred for the EDs, just thinking about it riles me up.

• 1 month later...

Maybe it's too late to suggest, that you would add personality disorders. At least schizoid personality disorder seems relatively common among AVENites.

I have bipolar 1. I cut and have attempted suicide, and survived. I was not hospitalized, but I have gotten better. 

Found it interesting that only 2 other people besides me (as of right now) have a multiple personality disorder. 

I have 4 different personalities/identities in my mind and I can even explain in detail who they are and what their back stories are. They're each protective rather than destructive, and often help me overcome certain problems or certain negative emotions I have. They're all male for some reason, I haven't figured out why, but it doesn't bother me. It's a part of me that I've learned to deal with properly.

I have depression and anxiety. I think I have Asperger's/autism but I didn't vote that since I don't have an official diagnosis. My pain for the time being is around 3 with the help of meds, but it's been 8-10 at some points in the past.

Alex the Queer

depression, which is the main one considering i deal with symptoms of that pretty close to every day, anxiety, bit of dysphoria, very mildly suicidal, and i deal with lots of paranoia and such as a result of emotionally abusive parents. i don't think there's been a single day, since i started experiencing symptoms a bit over a year ago, that i haven't felt like my mental health is completely and totally fucked to the point of no repair.

• 8 months later...

@AVEN #1 fan

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived