Dating Site Master List

RainbowSpinster
On 7/17/2018 at 11:53 AM, stelliferous said:

I also tried Tinder after my friend told me he saw an ace person on there, and I actually got quite a few matches. I said that I was ace in my bio so I figured most people who swiped right on me would at least be open to dating an ace person. Never got far enough with any of them to actually have that conversation though.

Disclaimer: I live in a big city so there are probably more aces here than other places.

I might be brave enough to try Tinder someday. Someday... I've used OkCupid in the past (in my old non-ace dating life), and I will probably go back to that eventually since it's familiar.

I recently stumbled across RomanceOnly.com. It's another site where it's not free to message people, but I like the story behind it. The woman who created it is a cervical cancer survivor and went off sex for medical reasons, but she still wanted everything else involved in a romantic relationship. That's a predicament that hits close to home for me. If I ever end up signing up here, I'll be sure to report back!

viennaguy94
On 7/8/2018 at 11:18 PM, Al. said:

Sorry, but this is not easy to set-up. If you get one little detail wrong on the form, such as confirming your password, or putting an underscore in your username, it wipes the form and makes you type and fill in in the whole thing again (including your description text about yourself that you have carefully written).  This took about 5 attempts to get all the fields entered as required, only to find there are no matches.

Thanks for the feedback! The issue has been fixed.

• 2 weeks later...
JHC (pet in waiting)
On 6/28/2018 at 8:21 PM, viennaguy94 said:

I thought I'd share www.MeetAces.com. It's a new website for meeting other aces!

Easy to set up and use.

I've joined this. There doesn't seem to be many people on it but it's free so worth spending half an hour on. Hopefully it will grow. I like that you indicate whether you want a relationship and/friendship. 

SorryNotSorry

The serial rejecters have even been showing up at dating meetups in person for about 4 or 5 years now. You know the type, they seem friendly and interesting to talk to, but when the party's over, they're the first ones out the door, never to be heard from again.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone recently have any luck with these sites? I've peeked through some, they don't seem promising at least in my area. Which is surprising given I live in the middle of New England, would think I would see more people, but not really. 

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
On 9/8/2016 at 3:19 PM, Jayce said:

Hello Everyone! As promised and as a result of the Poll we had about this in Site Comments i have created a brand new dating site list for you to enjoy! Please do let me know if you know any good dating sites that are ace friendly and I'll check them out and see if they can be added to the list!

Current dating site links:

Asexualitic Nice place for Asexuals to meet and talk

Acebook A nice dating and social networking site for Asexuals, need a companion to walk, travel or to have fun with? Then this is the place to go to!

OkCupid OkCupid is a free online dating site with an dating option for Asexuals.

Asexual Cupid Asexual cupid is a professional dating site for Asexuals.

Old dating site list

Links for when they don't work on mobile

Asexualitic: http://www.asexualitic.com/

Ace-Book: http://www.ace-book.net/

OKCupid: https://www.okcupid.com/

Asexual Cupid: http://www.asexualcupid.com/

I tried 95% of these sites but there were too less people from around my area (central Europe). 

I've signed up on some sites but honestly I feel like I would never meet someone from them. I don't know, the idea of meeting a complete stranger does not sit well with me. I guess its nice to look around but never act on it. :huh:

I know it's still not optimal, but if you wanna give OKC a shot and are not aro, consider answering the following questions and setting them to maximum importance:

"Would you consider dating someone who has no interest in sex and experiences no sexual attraction?"

"Would you date someone who was looking for true love - but no sex, at all, ever?"

and then searching for people of your romantic orientation with high match rates, not just people marked as Ace.

--> People might not be ace but still interested in dating those who are! :)

• Like 3
Siimo van der fietspad

Joined OKC yesterday, more for research purposes than anything else (can report it's not really that much better for asexuals) and reckon I did everything right, a) making it very clear that I'm demi and would prefer no sex at all really and b) approaching the whole thing as a bit of a joke with no expectations. Was pretty honest in my personal description - everybody says they want honesty in a relationship, right?  I got two 'likes' suspiciously soon after completing my profile, so I'm assuming they were bots to shill me out of my cash. Match percentage is pretty spurious, like a 90% match might be based on a high percentage of agreement on politics but completely ignore the fact that I don't want children and don't really care for animals too much. Other than that it's pretty much what I expected. Lots of people who look identical, lots of people I can rule out immediately because of their obvious needs for sex and children. Everyone else is matched either because they're sexually inexperienced (which sorta shows a very vague, computer-like understanding of how this ace thing almost works) but like animals and sofas far too much and are self-confessed too shy etc, or else (marginally better) more sex-driven adventurers with galleries full of shots of them at Machu Picu and wakeboarding in the outback etc. A couple of promising people live too far away (no, I'm not doing Luton or Newhaven every bloody weekend) and any dating is realistically likely to end up in the same damned mess as my last attempt with a sexual.

There is a new app called the ACEapp. It's available for both android and iOS now. There is also a thread on AVEN on the app. Here's the link: https://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/157009-aceapp-smartphone-ace-dating-app/

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm afraid to say that most of what I've heard about the dating sites on this list has been negative. Acebook has a high percentage of people who are only interested in online chatting. OKCupid has a high percentage of people who identify as demisexual or cupiosexual or fraysexual or lithsexual, etc, and who still want regular sex when in a relationship.

I honestly think that there's a better chance of making connections in aro/ace community spaces that bring people together who have shared interests in addition to their orientation.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Pramana said:

I'm afraid to say that most of what I've heard about the dating sites on this list has been negative. Acebook has a high percentage of people who are only interested in online chatting. OKCupid has a high percentage of people who identify as demisexual or cupiosexual or fraysexual or lithsexual, etc, and who still want regular sex when in a relationship.

I honestly think that there's a better chance of making connections in aro/ace community spaces that bring people together who have shared interests in addition to their orientation.

There are still thousands of aces on okcupid, you just have to know how to use the filters to search!! If you search 'asexuals only' 'anywhere in the world' 'highest match' (if you've answered your own questions - very important) you get many asexuals who may be very close personality-wise to you. The only thing is though this will probably involve distance communication, but actually that would be the case for almost any ace romance as aces are so few and far between! But yeah, OKCupid really isn't that bad if you know how to use and take full advantage of all its features accurately.

23 hours ago, FictoVore. said:

There are still thousands of aces on okcupid, you just have to know how to use the filters to search!! If you search 'asexuals only' 'anywhere in the world' 'highest match' (if you've answered your own questions - very important) you get many asexuals who may be very close personality-wise to you. The only thing is though this will probably involve distance communication, but actually that would be the case for almost any ace romance as aces are so few and far between! But yeah, OKCupid really isn't that bad if you know how to use and take full advantage of all its features accurately.

OKCupid sounds like it could be a good option for some people, and at the very least it probably is the best of the available traditional dating sites given those matching question features. Unfortunately, I think there's still the issue that a fair amount of people just don't like online relationships. I was reading a 4chan /adv/ board thread about electronic dating, and the general consensus was that it's a bad idea. I recall 'no cuddling equals no boyfriend' was one of the slogans.

8 minutes ago, Pramana said:

I think there's still the issue that a fair amount of people just don't like online relationships.

Yeah and I think that will always be an issue with any asexual dating sadly, as asexuals are just so few and far between. I mean, even if you found 3 asexuals living in the same town as you there's no guarantee any one of them would be a romantic match. I'm fortunate in that I prefer online dating if I feel in the mood for it (no interest in any dating right now), but for those who have a persistent preference for 'meat life' interactions, ace dating will be sooooo much more complicated due to the rarity of asexuals.

edit: in saying that though if you're in a highly populated place like the UK, there are heeeaaaaps of aces on OKCupid from there so you have a much higher chance of finding someone compatible who is only a train ride away!

On 9/25/2018 at 11:59 PM, Pramana said:

4 hours ago, CanMan said:

I've noticed you keep dissing ace-book and I assume you had a bad experience there. Repeating what other people told you is not a substitute for telling us your own personal experience. Let others speak for themselves. Let's hear your story. I disagree with your observation that ace-book has a high percentage of people who are only interested in online chatting. Facts should be supported by figures. What is the actual percentage?

I'm not aware of any published data on Acebook relationship finding success rates. However, there've been a number of AVEN threads on the topic, and I've also participated in a number of informal conversations about asexual dating, so what I'm reporting represents popular opinion. At the end of the day, people aren't exactly queuing up to use Acebook, and I presume there're some reasons for that. Personally, I found that Acebook looked so dated that it was depressing to use, and the discussions that I saw on the site weren't exactly optimistic either. I recall one of the Acebook staff members had a blog where she was complaining about how she had given up because she still hadn't found a relationship after twelve years, and also about how there were incels on the site who were pretending to be asexual in order to take advantage of inexperienced young women.

• Like 1
TheLastOfSheila
On 9/27/2018 at 11:55 AM, Pramana said:

there were incels on the site who were pretending to be asexual in order to take advantage of inexperienced young women.

yikes :o

• 2 weeks later...
LearningCurve

ACEapp now exists as well. It only launched this year I believe and is still so new that there aren't many people on there, but it seems like a good start.

Guest DesertWells

I’ve only recently identified as demisexual, I dont really know how to approach the dating scene. I met my ex online rather accidentally, and I imagine I’ll have to rely less on luck to find someone else.

I am a sexual person, but I’m not interested in hookups, I need to get to know someone before I’m even interested in seeing them socially, let alone anything more than that.

If I ever were to use a dating website, should I avoid labelling myself as demisexual and just say I’m looking for a relationship?

I wouldn’t want to scare people off with a term they don’t understand, but on the other hand, I’d like to get to know them a little (or a lot) before meeting.

2 hours ago, DesertWells said:

If I ever were to use a dating website, should I avoid labelling myself as demisexual and just say I’m looking for a relationship?

I wouldn’t want to scare people off with a term they don’t understand, but on the other hand, I’d like to get to know them a little (or a lot) before meeting.

I think you're probably better off avoiding the term, to make sure you don't scare of people who wouldn't mind it, but just don't know it.

I see a lot of profiles that make it very clear they are not interested in hook-ups, and just going down that route is probably your best bet (and correspondingly searching for people with similar statements in their profiles) :)

Just avoid Grindr and its ilk ;D

On 9/27/2018 at 4:55 PM, Pramana said:

I'm not aware of any published data on Acebook relationship finding success rates. However, there've been a number of AVEN threads on the topic, and I've also participated in a number of informal conversations about asexual dating, so what I'm reporting represents popular opinion. At the end of the day, people aren't exactly queuing up to use Acebook, and I presume there're some reasons for that. Personally, I found that Acebook looked so dated that it was depressing to use, and the discussions that I saw on the site weren't exactly optimistic either. I recall one of the Acebook staff members had a blog where she was complaining about how she had given up because she still hadn't found a relationship after twelve years, and also about how there were incels on the site who were pretending to be asexual in order to take advantage of inexperienced young women.

Can you say who that was or link to that thing about incels? Sounds very dubious to be honest.

Guest DesertWells
10 hours ago, Dreamer23 said:

I think you're probably better off avoiding the term, to make sure you don't scare of people who wouldn't mind it, but just don't know it.

I see a lot of profiles that make it very clear they are not interested in hook-ups, and just going down that route is probably your best bet (and correspondingly searching for people with similar statements in their profiles) :)

Just avoid Grindr and its ilk ;D

That is what I was thinking also, thank you for your advice 🙏

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/16/2018 at 3:14 AM, Cat0 said:

Just joined the ACEapp! This is going to be interesting for sure :P

How have you found the app to be so far?

I read on one of the original threads that the app was introduced on that the app was very buggy and has lots of problems.

LearningCurve
6 hours ago, JohnSC said:

I read on one of the original threads that the app was introduced on that the app was very buggy and has lots of problems.

It's less than a year old, so it's bound to have bugs. The best thing to do is to join and provide feedback. The more people who do this, the more incentive they'll have to make the app a great place for us. 

Guest DesertWells
14 hours ago, JohnSC said:

I actually really like it, it’s slightly buggy but nothing that makes it unusable.

I've met some very nice people on there already.

• 1 month later...

On the Asexual Cupid site, when you click on "upgrade", the prices are in dollars, so I'm a bit wary about it.  Is it all above board and legit?

I checked all of them and sadly, either most need paid access or not safe. I wouldn't use any of the links given. I'd prefer if this website had their own dating corner. It would be so much easier for everyone.

• Like 2