Dating Site Master List

On 04/07/2017 at 5:56 PM, teenageliteraryhedgehog said:

Which would you say is the best for a 17 year old?

nice try FBI

• Like 3

I've been trying AceApp for a while, UI is pretty good and easy to use, hopefully more people start to use it; I've chatted with a couple of cool people, but the downsize is that there aren't that many people from my country registered, and even fewer that regularly log in, I keep getting the same folks on Bake Cake (like the swipe left and right thingĀ from Tinder) lol.

• Like 2

I could wish the IOS version would be written.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Sotapanna said:

I could wish the IOS version would be written.

Same.Ā 

Ā 

You could try running an Android emulator on your desktop or laptop. Don't ask me how, I just know they exist.

On 05/02/2018 at 5:09 PM, RHD95 said:

I've been trying AceApp for a while, UI is pretty good and easy to use, hopefully more people start to use it; I've chatted with a couple of cool people, but the downsize is that there aren't that many people from my country registered, and even fewer that regularly log in, I keep getting the same folks on Bake Cake (like the swipe left and right thingĀ from Tinder) lol.

I've found a similar problem. It's not an ace dating app per say. I'veĀ  used Clikd and just put I was Asexual in my tag but have found the most success on OkcupidĀ ^_^

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
purplepassion

I've tried two asexual dating sites but both didn't work for me. One was like a ghost town with lots of members but all you get are thousands of views for your posts but no response whatsoeverĀ :DĀ Ā The other one has lots of active members but, unfortunately for me, they only want to meet people they can physically dateĀ right away and won't go for LDRĀ <_<:mellow:Ā I'm already happy with AVEN anyway so whether I get romantically involved with someone or not I'm already glad for the opportunity to be a part of a community where like-minded people understand and support each otherĀ :)Ā 

Iā€™m probably way out of line for asking and looking for too much of a niche, but is there site/app for sexual partners of asexuals?

Ā 

Maybe we can help each other out a little?

I've been on AceApp, Ace-Book and OkCupid, and have found maybe 10 matches total between the three. On OkCupid, I changed it to within 500 miles of me, and only found a couple that identified as Ace/Demi. It probably doesn't help my cause that I am looking for guys that don't drink and a few other things. I want to start off platonic, and that runs the other couple potential matches off, as I won't meet right away either.

• 4 weeks later...
Jean Claude Van Ace
On 21/02/2018 at 5:44 AM, purplepassion said:

I've tried two asexual dating sites but both didn't work for me. One was like a ghost town with lots of members but all you get are thousands of views for your posts but no response whatsoeverĀ :DĀ Ā The other one has lots of active members but, unfortunately for me, they only want to meet people they can physically dateĀ right away and won't go for LDRĀ <_<:mellow:Ā I'm already happy with AVEN anyway so whether I get romantically involved with someone or not I'm already glad for the opportunity to be a part of a community where like-minded people understand and support each otherĀ :)Ā 

Dating sites that target asexuals should definitely include a field on whether or not the participant is open to a LDR. I find it strange that AceApp asks users if they're cool with piercings or not, but doesn't ask if you would be comfortable with a partner that lives in another city (or another country, even).

Ā 

On the other hand, asexuals that are looking for partners on the same spectrum should realize that we're but a small, scattered community, and chances of meeting an interesting and compatible person that lives just around the block are rather slim.Ā Ā 

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
duddess_ebster

I don't know if this has been discussed before so I'm just going to throw it out there... I think we can all agree the biggest problem is visibility. So me personally, on all my dating profiles I've put at the end of my description two purple heart emojis with an ace of spades in between them. Maybe we could make this a thing so that we can find each other but also maybe create more visibility and awareness?

• Like 4
SparkyCat13

For many years, I kept being like "If I don't have a boyfriend by the end of college, I'll get on a dating site," then, "I should get a steady job first, and then I can start on a dating site," then, "I need to get all my crap together before I try dragging another person into my personal life." (Really, my prioritizing of my dating life should've been another flag I never noticed...) I'm finally at a point in my life where I feel like I could finally try dating, and I only recently discovered I'm asexual, so it's really nice to know that there are ace-friendly dating sites out there as well! I was planning on trying eHarmony since I personally know two happily married couples who met each other on that site, but I know it's a paid one, and it sounds like any dating site has trouble with people propositioning others.

Ā 

Oh! Still on topic, but separate tangent from my previous paragraph. Because of this thread, I took a huge leap and joined AceApp just a few days ago (huge leap because conversing with strangers gives me anxiety), and I almost immediately started chatting with a guy not only in my area, but also my age! (huge deal, because most of the people that come up on my "Bake Cake" are 18-21; I'm 27, and while I have gotten along with people outside my age group before, I feel more comfortable within it) I don't know what either of us is looking for at the moment, but meeting a potential new friend is both exciting and completely nerve-wracking.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2016 at 4:33 PM, banana monkey said:

Has anyone tried www.asexualdatingsite.com. Any feedback, trying to workout if its legit or not as seems very basic. Also, says it has over 1000 members in my area which is not that believeable unless it thinks I'm from america not Uk.Ā 

It keeps telling me to put in my age and I did! But it keeps saying ā€œgive us your ageā€ they are clearly blind!Ā 

thewindsleeper

ariam, since you said that your a teen, I think most dating sites won't allow you to sign up if your under the age of 18

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, thewindsleeper said:

ariam, since you said that your a teen, I think most dating sites won't allow you to sign up if your under the age of 18

awww :(Ā maybe you could find one? I searched everywhere!

• 2 weeks later...
SorryNotSorry

Meh... I don't know how well online dating will still work if you're a woman looking for another woman, but now the M-to-F ratio on the sites is opposite of what it was 10 years ago. Hetero men who tried the sites got tired of being played for fools, so they just left without saying anything.

TheLastOfSheila
1 hour ago, Woodworker1968 said:

Meh... I don't know how well online dating will still work if you're a woman looking for another woman, but now the M-to-F ratio on the sites is opposite of what it was 10 years ago. Hetero men who tried the sites got tired of being played for fools, so they just left without saying anything.

I'm sure there were many hetero women as well who became disillusioned and just gave up on dating sites.Ā  Anyone can get played for a fool.

SorryNotSorry

But yet, dating sites still continue to exist, and their operators continue to say great things about them, even though that doesn't seem to be evident in the offline world.

Ā 

I think the companies are lying, while I think the kinds of people whoĀ doĀ still join OLDSs are either lazy, socially inept, naĆÆve, game-players, terrified of meetups, don't really want to meet anyone to begin with,Ā or combinations of these.Ā 

Ā 

Either way, to me they're out of sight and out of mind. End of story.

TheLastOfSheila
On 5/11/2018 at 1:14 PM, Woodworker1968 said:

But yet, dating sites still continue to exist, and their operators continue to say great things about them, even though that doesn't seem to be evident in the offline world.

Agreed.Ā  I guess it really all boils down to money.Ā  If these sites can get enough poor suckers (I was one too so no judgement here) to sign up even once, they make a profit.Ā  I keep waiting for people to realize that businesses do not operate out of a sense of philanthropy.Ā  They operate to make money, and couldn't care less about anyone's well-being.Ā  It's all about the bottom line.Ā  End of story.

SorryNotSorry
On May 14, 2018 at 9:22 AM, TheLastOfSheila said:

Agreed.Ā  I guess it really all boils down to money.Ā  If these sites can get enough poor suckers (I was one too so no judgement here) to sign up even once, they make a profit.Ā  I keep waiting for people to realize that businesses do not operate out of a sense of philanthropy.Ā  They operate to make money, and couldn't care less about anyone's well-being.Ā  It's all about the bottom line.Ā  End of story.

B-b-b-but... what about all those unfortunate hetero women who joined, patiently waiting for some guy to come along and pick them??? Are they doomed to wait until the day after forever??? (Sleeping Beauty syndromeā€”I'm being more factual than sarcastic)

TheLastOfSheila
8 hours ago, Woodworker1968 said:

B-b-b-but... what about all those unfortunate hetero women who joined, patiently waiting for some guy to come along and pick them??? Are they doomed to wait until the day after forever??? (Sleeping Beauty syndromeā€”I'm being more factual than sarcastic)

I dunno Woodworker.Ā  I can only speak from my own experiences.Ā  I chose not to wait around and hope for "my prince" to come someday.Ā  I guess these sites may work for some people, but I don't personally know any.Ā  Someone tried to tell me that on these sites, women were "the belles of the ball", with a veritable smorgasbord of men to choose from.Ā  What that person did not take into account was the demographics.Ā  Women of my age don't garner much interest from hetero males.Ā  Men of my age most definitely look for much younger women.Ā  After awhile, I got the message, stopped wasting my time.

SorryNotSorry
1 hour ago, TheLastOfSheila said:

Someone tried to tell me that on these sites, women were "the belles of the ball", with a veritable smorgasbord of men to choose from.Ā  What that person did not take into account was the demographics.

Also tradition. That's why HerWay.com and others like it were stillbornā€”they were built with the idea that women would actively choose from men who weren't allowed to choose any of the women. Whoever had that brilliant idea totally ignored thousands of years of tradition by asking people who joined the site to do a complete cultural 180.Ā 

Ā 

Demographics is one factor, but I think a bigger one is the weight tradition carries within US culture when it comes to dating. Men are "supposed to" pick women, never the reverse (never mind that a LOT of hetero men would like to have that problem).

SorryNotSorry

Now watch... any second now, some talking head from the dating rackets industry is going to post some sales pitch about how they met the love of their life through OLD, and everyone they know did too... and all we have to do isĀ wish reeeeal haaaaard, believe in magic, andĀ voilĆ”ā€”the love of our life will pick up our brain waves and come knocking on our front door!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2018 at 8:21 PM, viennaguy94 said:

I thought I'd shareĀ www.MeetAces.com. It's a new website for meeting other aces!

Ā 

Easy to set up and use.

Sorry, but this is not easy to set-up. If you get one little detail wrong on the form, such as confirming your password, or putting an underscore in your username, it wipes the form and makes you type and fill in in the whole thing again (including your description text about yourself that you have carefully written).Ā  This took about 5 attempts to get all the fields entered as required, only to find there are no matches.

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
stelliferous

Met my current girlfriend (who is ace) on OkCupid six months ago - I had asexual listed as my orientation on my profile but she didn't. The trick that we were both using at the time to find ace-friendly people was looking at their answers to the sex-related questions. Like if someone answered the "how often do you like to have sex" question as "once a month or less" and I otherwise liked their profile then I would shoot them a message. There were a few other questions too that you could kind of use to gauge whether they might be open to dating an ace person.

Ā 

I also tried Tinder after my friend told me he saw an ace person on there, and I actually got quite a few matches. I said that I was ace in my bio so I figured most people who swiped right on me would at least be open to dating an ace person. Never got far enough with any of them to actually have that conversation though.

Ā 

Disclaimer: I live in a big city so there are probably more aces here than other places.

• Like 2