Declassification time requirement change for early declass

AVEN Members,

After the discussion here, the team has discussed and decided to shorten the time limit for threads to be eligible for declassification from the admod forum. The new requirement is 3 months, instead of 6 months, for early declassification.

We, the team, feel this change will help improve transparency and communication.

In particular, this means threads can be requested for early declassification as long as they are a minimum of three months old. If you would like to make a request, please contact any member of the DT. Please note that all early declassification requests must be approved by the DT to be eligible for early declassification.

The thread that lead to this change can be found here.

I requested to declass a thread prior to this announcement. It hasn't hit the 6 month mark yet, but it's past 3 months. Is it eligible to be declassed now, or do I have to wait until the 6 month mark hits since I requested its declass before this change was made?

Excellent question. I am not willing to speak on behalf of the team on that, but I will bring it up and see what the agreement is. I would think it would be OK to resubmit a request though with the new time limit. Let me check though before I say for sure. :)

I requested to declass a thread prior to this announcement. It hasn't hit the 6 month mark yet, but it's past 3 months. Is it eligible to be declassed now, or do I have to wait until the 6 month mark hits since I requested its declass before this change was made?

I was going to contact you when this was announced, since your request is affected by this policy, but it seems you saw the announcement first. But to answer your question, yes, anyone who requested a thread before this change was put into place can have their thread declassed at the three month mark instead of the six month mark if they'd prefer. It wouldn't be fair for you to wait six months, when requesting it now you could have waited for three. Especially in your case, since I was the one who told you that you could send in your request early, when I knew this was going to be discussed in admods only.

Anyway, I'll send you a PM about your request specifically in a bit :cake:

Quick update:

The DT just finished declassifying the thread that lead to this change. It's in the archives if you'd like to see it, and I also poked the admods skype group about having the link added to the appropriate spot in the OP so that should hopefully be updated shortly. :)

Please note that all early declassification requests must be approved by the DT to be eligible for early declassification.

Approved by the DT or DT and admods?

Please note that all early declassification requests must be approved by the DT to be eligible for early declassification.

Approved by the DT or DT and admods?
Just the DT. The admods aren't involved in early declassification requests at all unless there's a complicated situation we can't figure out on our own.
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived