Can an asexual learn to like sex?

TheWife

If I can bear to let him keep pushing himself for me, I'm so upset I can't eat or sleep and I'm not finding enjoyment in anything. I just want to hide away.

My Husband says he's not unhappy about the situation but his actions speak louder than words and it's clear he's stressed and upset.

Telecaster68

It's horrible, I know. But it might - might - get better with time. Important to set a deadline though, otherwise it can drag on.

Have you tried sex therapy? If you are trying to make it work, maybe a therapist can help with all those "negative" feelings/fears. Because at the moment if you are feeling ill overly stressed from you're husband is not enjoying it, then I'm not sure how it's going to "work itself out", because now you're not enjoying it, he probably will sense that.

As to some people's partners not noticing that they were not enjoying sex, that's understandable because everyone is different. Some people are more perceptive and others don't over think "notice" things too much.

I would like to go back to that subdued place if it stops the misery we are both feeling now, even though it's horrible to be feeling that way too.

We looked into sex therapy but it worked out too expensive for us and my husband didn't want to anyway, though I did offer to use the small amount of savings for it.

My Husband told me he doesn't want me to use this forum anymore despite me telling him you're all being supportive. Thank you so much for your advice, insights, suggestions and kindness, it's meant a lot to me during a very difficult time.

• 1 month later...

To update, we separated for an unrelated reason a couple of weeks ago. Thanks know you for all your insights and support.

Archived