Can anyone explain Quasiromantic?

Star Bit

An example? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Here's what it's defined as:

Someone who identifies as quasiromantic may see their attraction as non-traditional or may feel it differs from crushes, perhaps a mix between platonic, romantic, aesthetic, or somewhere completely different and/or it involves other non-traditional aspects, such as rare attraction, or attraction but non-physical, non-platonic but romantic, etc.

It doesn't really seem to live up to Quasi's meaning either.

Quasi literally means "as if", but it's also used as:

resembling/seeming but not actually being [romantic]

virtually/nearly/almost [romantic]

partially/to a degree but not completely [romantic]

AVEN #1 fan

It's like "hey i think you're beautiful (aesthetic attraction), so wanna go out on a date?"

Its like other attractions replaces the romantic attraction, so they have the same function as romantic attraction for those people.

Well then they're still romantic/Gray-romantic/cupioromantic, not quasiromantic.

We have enough terms as it is, we don't need several terms for the same thing, and that can even end up confusing people when others insist these terms are meticulously different.

And if that is its meaning then it certainly doesn't live up to any of the meanings of quasi. The first definition doesn't work because they actually enter a romantic relationship just for non-romantic attraction reasons, so it IS a romantic relationship. The second and third, they ARE romantic, not nearly/partially.

Bonus, there's no neutral definition of what all the kinds of attractions and romanticisms (is that a term?) mean. There's no measurement of any kind. What counts as grey-anything to someone could be plain sexual/romantic to the next.

Besides, the "my feelings are different" thing is completely natural.

(yes romanticism is a word)

Archived