My first post

Dangerous_Clarinet

Dangerous_Clarinet

It's great to find somewhere that I can be open and honest!

I have personally been identifying as ace for about 6 months now, and had been questioning for at least 3 years before that. I'm still in the closet to everyone except my little sister, for various reasons. I'm also a closet atheist, so keeping secrets about myself is the norm.

Unlike other aces, I never experienced feelings of being broken, defective, dysfunctional, etc. I never knew there was a difference between aesthetic attraction and sexual attraction until I stumbled upon online resources for asexuals. I thought my aversion to sex was normal because of my conservative, isolated upbringing.

Personally, I like being asexual and I wouldn't change if I had the opportunity.

Welcome to AVEN! :cake: Thank you for introducing yourself! : ) Yes, it's such a wonderful feeling to be able to express yourself openly and honestly...and you're not alone! There are a lot of people that can relate to you here, so take your time exploring. This community is filled with people of all kinds; I believe there's an atheist ace thread in the Intersectionality part of the forum? Best wishes, and I hope you enjoy being a member!

choc-cake-slice.jpg

Hey fellow ace and athiest. Welcome to Aven. kelico is right about the ace athiest thread (be warned there are rarley posts there).

Archived