A wikiHow article needs asexual help!

Galactic Radiance

Galactic Radiance

I haven't posted here in forever, because I've mostly moved on with my life and found other things. However, one of the things that I've found is wikiHow, and wikiHow actually needs help from the asexual community and their partners!

We have an article that's currently undergoing some serious scrutiny, Support Your Asexual Partner, and we don't have enough advice or people with experience to edit it. (Unfortunately, wikiHow's asexual community doesn't seem to be that large.) It came under fire from me for being too focused on the feelings of the reader, rather than the partner, and while there's been some edits made to it, it's nowhere close to being a good final product. (Well, nothing on wikiHow is ever really "final", but you get the gist - it's not ready to be available to readers.)

I have virtually no experience with healthy romantic relationships, so I don't really know how to revise this to make it a better product. Our best asexual editor has worked her magic, but it's still nowhere near done. The rest of our editors seem to be somewhat stuck and don't really know how to help. So I'm going to ask all of you on the AVEN forums: Can you do something to help out this wikiHow article?

Whether you add some advice in this forum thread or edit the wikiHow article directly is fine - however, we need a lot more input from the asexual community and their partners on this article before it's truly ready for readers. If you choose to edit the article directly (whether anonymously or through an account), don't worry about formatting - the wikiHow community is happy to help fix that up, and if you add more steps, I can contact the artist directly and request more images be added. :)

If there's any advice to be added, or any edits that you've made to the article, please let me know! I'd be happy to add it or look it over, and I'm sure the rest of the wikiHow community would be, too.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a lot of dating and relationship experience and have been interested in helping out with this since you first posted about it, however, I only actually started editing it today. I'll post my edits to this thread and I'll go ahead and make the changes on the page once I've edited the entire article. Thank you for the opportunity to help with this! :cake:

Archived