quick question (poll)

AVEN #1 fan

i'm confused  

5 members have voted

1. 1. an agender born female who only feels romantically attracted towards agenders born females as well is?

• a lesbian or sapphic
    • gay or homoromantic
    • gyneromantic or gynoromantic
    • androgyneromantic or androgynoromantic or ambiromantic
    • ceteroromantic or transromantic
    • agenderromantic
    • there's no right answer
    • unsure

This poll is closed to new votes

AVEN #1 fan

Time for a quick debate.

There's no right answer...they can call themselves whatever they want.

I've got no idea what most of the words in the poll even mean, but it has no bearing on me what that person chooses to identify as.

I chose the two that I thought were the most likely for one to identify as, but Kyon is right: sexual/romantic labels shouldn't be imposed on others. Some agender individuals still identify as lesbian, despite not being female, and I imagine being attracted to solely AFAB agender people might say how ones find androgyny OR femininity attractive. It's really the case of individual experience.

The world does not exist as a puzzle for you to solve. We do not need to come up with words before someone's identity and/or love for their partner is valid.

Why does it matter? It's up to that couple to decide what they are. Not for anyone else to decide. Maybe one's a lesbian and the other is pan.

I don't have an answer, and I'm not really sure there is an answer. I think if I were in that situation I probably wouldn't try to attach a label to it, and just explain my attraction if nessecary to avoid confusion. But as someone who doesn't even experience romantic attraction myself, I don't think it would be fair of me to say my opinion is the correct approach.

Anthracite_Impreza

They can call themselves a watermelon for all I care, leave them to sort themselves out.

AVEN #1 fan

Why does it matter? It's up to that couple to decide what they are. Not for anyone else to decide. Maybe one's a lesbian and the other is pan.

oh well, maybe she wants to figure out her identity.
WhenSummersGone

I voted the third one for being attracted to the feminine look.

Heaven only knows.

*gets seriously confused with the profusion of new labels *

Confusion 0

There's no right answer...they can call themselves whatever they want.

I've got no idea what most of the words in the poll even mean, but it has no bearing on me what that person chooses to identify as.

^ This ^

Not everything needs a label, and this is an example of something that really doesn't need a label.

Grumpy Alien

Reminds me of:

ZtwFKCs.gif

Well it would seem that such a person already had figured out their identity. Figuring out your identity doesn't have to mean boiling it down to one word.

But yeah this^
nanogretchen4

There probably aren't a large enough number of people with that very specific combination of minority gender identity and minority orientation to make a label useful. They are of course free to coin any label they like, but they will end up having to explain it every time they use it. So they could just as easily have skipped the label and explained their relationship preferences in a complete sentence in the first place.

• 1 year later...

@AVEN #1 fan

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived