Master Trump Thread

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, everyone.

I'm just helping chime in, here, doing my Admod duty as the cover Admod for the PPS forum of helping make sure members' discussions remain fair and respectful for everyone.

As the TOS and PPS forum rules' threads mention, please, remember that members are allowed to disagree, respectfully, without getting into personal, negative judgments or insults about other members.

If it helps, they have some tips and/or advice on how to disagree with other members, respectfully.

Thank you!

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

(covering the PPS forum)

What might they be arresting him for? In terms of small potatoes, I feel the same way, but then I remember that they got Capone on tax evasion and he disappeared. Now, Trump will never disappear but if there is a conviction he can't run anymore

• Like 2
3 hours ago, ben8884 said:

What might they be arresting him for? In terms of small potatoes, I feel the same way, but then I remember that they got Capone on tax evasion and he disappeared. Now, Trump will never disappear but if there is a conviction he can't run anymore

A trial could be postponed forever and he could still run for office even if he's charged with a crime. 

• Like 1

It might not be so bad if he runs; especially if it means he screws things up for the other Florida man. :P 

(but in the interests of justice and the "law and order" Republicans say they are for, he should have to answer for his crimes)

• Like 2

From what I heard it's about the Stormy Daniels hush money thing?

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Sally said:

A trial could be postponed forever and he could still run for office even if he's charged with a crime. 

This is certainly a possibility. He may also be acquitted, he may be found guilty and sent to jail. Heck, for all I know, he wont even be arrested on Tuesday and hes just lying to get attention. But in terms of him being arrested for small potatoes and, my point was, while I would like to see Trump go down for espionage or something big, I am happy to see him go down for anything. Also, that even if he can't run, he wont go away. 

• Like 2

Do you think by announcing he's going to be arrested on Tuesday, he's hoping to recreate that debacle in the Capitol? 

Just a musing from across the pond.

• Like 4
51 minutes ago, Lilibulero said:

Do you think by announcing he's going to be arrested on Tuesday, he's hoping to recreate that debacle in the Capitol? 

I do think he is hoping to make things difficult at minimum. Seems like a petty mob boss sort of thing to do, in keeping with his character and things has has said and done in the past. But even if it's just bloviation, I think the DA's office would be wise to take precautions just in case.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Lilibulero said:

Possibly? It's also possible that he believes that he will be arrested and that this is a veiled threat.

• Like 1
AspieAlly613

In my mind, I'm imagining a situation where numerous MAGA protesters shouting "Lock you up," but I don't think that will actually happen.

• Like 2
Olallieberry
5 hours ago, Lilibulero said:

I mean, he's explicitly asking for protests like he did on 1/6.

He hasn't (yet, as far as I know) named a specific time, place and institution to protest and obstruct and reverse a specific proceeding like he did on 1/6. I wonder if some generic NYC courthouse would be as prepared to repel a horde as the federal Capitol building was.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Lilibulero said:

Yes.  

• Like 2

Well, the potential for his arrest, indictment etc is causing a massive schism amongst the more right-leaning in American politics. There are those who believe he can ride through this, stand for president,and win an election. There are those who believe that this is impossible. Unfortunately this is splitting the party in two, so we now have two factions

Spoiler

The Republicans

And the

Republican'ts

😋😋

• Like 3
Olallieberry
1 hour ago, Skycaptain said:

Well, the potential for his arrest, indictment etc is causing a massive schism amongst the more right-leaning in American politics. There are those who believe he can ride through this, stand for president,and win an election. There are those who believe that this is impossible. Unfortunately this is splitting the party in two, so we now have two factions

Reveal hidden contents

The Republicans

And the

Republican'ts

😋😋

Are there any, any at all, who think he shouldn't even make such mockery of the system at all by running  while under so many different criminal investigations and likely indictment?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Skycaptain said:

Unfortunately this is splitting the party in two, so we now have two factions

That's not at all unfortunate.  A party split into two factions has less power over voters.

• Like 1
Fraggle Underdark

The "Republican" party fracturing would be one of the best things that could happen these days.

• Like 5
Olallieberry

"If media leaks are correct, this could be the last time I write to you before a possible indictment comes down," a Trump campaign fundraising email sent Monday claimed. 

Lol, you're the turkey who leaked that!

Or fabricated it. We'll see which.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Ollie415 said:

Lol, you're the turkey who leaked that!

Or fabricated it. We'll see which.

I am guessing fabrication at the moment

EDIT so it was all fabrication. Now he may or not be guilty of breaking the Espionage Act. How has it come to this?

• Like 1

If only there were things that he had done which were not legal. . . 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, daveb said:

I guess his leak was uninformed.

That sounds kind of icky.  And I know there's a pun in there but I can't locate it.

3 minutes ago, Sally said:

That sounds kind of icky.  And I know there's a pun in there but I can't locate it.

No pun.

He was the one who leaked the information that he was going to be arrested today. Looks like he was misinformed.

Edited by daveb
Fraggle Underdark
1 hour ago, daveb said:

No pun.

He was the one who leaked the information that he was going to be arrested today. Looks like he was misinformed.

Saying that Trump is "misinformed" when he says false things seems ... overly charitable :D

• Like 2

I am sure he lies a lot, but also seems pretty ignorant, too.

Someone explained recently that he has no pattern to or progression in his thinking -- no memory of what he's thought before, or said, and no ability to try to arrange what he is going to say.  Therefore he doesn't really "lie", because what he says is just what happens in his mind at that very moment.  His "truth" is simply the chaos in his mind right now.   The most dangerous person to have in any sort of responsible position.  

• Like 2

DeSantis is a liar and has precisely patterned thinking.  

• Like 1