Master Trump Thread

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, everyone.

I'm just helping chime in, here, doing my Admod duty as the cover Admod for the PPS forum of helping make sure members' discussions remain fair and respectful for everyone.

As the TOS and PPS forum rules' threads mention, please, remember that members are allowed to disagree, respectfully, without getting into personal, negative judgments or insults about other members.

If it helps, they have some tips and/or advice on how to disagree with other members, respectfully.

Thank you!

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

(covering the PPS forum)

Fraggle Underdark
Just now, Naiwen said:

Oh goddamn it to hell, @Sarah-Sylvia! So he can campaign again for 2024? I hope he loses again though personally.

I doubt things will go well for him. He already lost once and that was before he attempted a coup and incited insurrection. Also he lost Twitter. And a whole bunch of his "brand" was being the biggest winner to ever win and a lot of air has left that bag. He still says it but it's more of a whine and less of a boast.

Just now, Sarah-Sylvia said:

Though he's talked about creating a new party

I so much hope he does that. Would be the best thing he ever did for the country.

• Like 4
Just now, Naiwen said:

Do you think he'll lose or win again isn 2024, @Sarah-Sylvia?

I think he'll lose if he creates the new party. He needs all the republican votes.

It also depends how well the democrats do. It's not a good start but if they can do good to people then more people might take to the dems.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Sarah-Sylvia said:

I think he'll lose if he creates the new party. He needs all the republican votes.

It also depends how well the democrats do. It's not a good start but if they can do good to people then more people might take to the dems.

Trump fans are bunch of nut jobs thinking he'll win again for sure in 20224 on another pro-Trump online community I'm on.

7 minutes ago, Naiwen said:

Trump fans are bunch of nut jobs thinking he'll win again for sure in 20224 on another pro-Trump online community I'm on.

Some Trump fans are reasonable people. But they should focus on someone else for 2024 because he has too many bad qualities. It's too bad it's hard to find someone not corrupted.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Sarah-Sylvia said:

Some Trump fans are reasonable people. But they should focus on someone else for 2024 because he has too many bad qualities. It's too bad it's hard not to find someone corrupted.

Every politician is corrupted @Sarah-Sylvia and lies. And no, the cake isn't a lie. And actually, the only thing you can trust is the cake. See what I've done here?

Just now, Naiwen said:

Every politician is corrupted @Sarah-Sylvia and lies. And no, the cake isn't a lie. The only thing you can trust is the cake. See what I've done here?

It's definitely very hard to find. And the less corrupted politicians aren't given attention. Like, Bernie Sanders would've been much much better than Biden, but he couldn't get to run because the democrat party is corrupted for the most part.

With cake you get to taste that it's good :) With politicians you can't eat them, so yeah....

34 minutes ago, Sarah-Sylvia said:

It's definitely very hard to find. And the less corrupted politicians aren't given attention. Like, Bernie Sanders would've been much much better than Biden, but he couldn't get to run because the democrat party is corrupted for the most part.

With cake you get to taste that it's good :) With politicians you can't eat them, so yeah....

My personal favorites are tiramisu and espresso mousse. How about you guys? 

Fraggle Underdark
9 minutes ago, Naiwen said:

My personal favorites are tiramisu and espresso mousse. How about you guys? 

As an AVENite I've certainly got no issue with cake, but as delicious and wholesome treats (at least for "the soul") they have nothing in common with Trump. You know, I don't think I've seen a "favorite cakes" thread, might be good to start that in the Just For Fun subforum.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Sean_Bird said:

My response, too.

I can’t stand him.  The division he has caused in this country is appalling.  I have had to distance myself from family members because they have this strange obsession with this man.  The thought of him coming back in 2024 just tires me.  He is pretty old and I think he is not as healthy as he claims to be, so it may just be a pipe dream for his followers that he runs again.

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, fragglerock said:

but as delicious and wholesome treats (at least for "the soul") they have nothing in common with Trump

spacer.png

• Like 1
Fraggle Underdark
2 minutes ago, Sean_Bird said:

Spoiler

spacer.png

I'm on board, but please explain 😄

• Like 1
1 minute ago, NewStart said:

I can’t stand him.  The division he has caused in this country is appalling.  I have had to distance myself from family members because they have this strange obsession with this man.  The thought of him coming back in 2024 just tires me.  He is pretty old and I think he is not as healthy as he claims to be, so it may just be a pipe dream for his followers that he runs again.

The benefit of politics before Trump is that I could sympathize (mostly) with people who unintentionally supported racist/homophobic/sexist/etc. views, because politicians would use fancy terms or do so under the table/out of the public's eye. Sometimes with politics, it is legitimately hard to understand once enough numbers, statistics, and big words are thrown at you, what you are actually supporting. I understand being so overwhelmed with numbers/facts that you shut down and go with whatever seems most logical, even if it's not. People had the excuse of ignorance and being unable to sort through the information properly.

With Trump, there was no hiding any of those things. There was no mincing words or pretending otherwise. He said, in blatant terms, how sexist and racist he was. People supported it. There is no excuse; there are countless articles debunking 99% of his claims, countless video clips of him expressing his views, and you don't need a news anchor to explain how horrible he is. Right wing news, left wing news, it doesn't matter. You just listen to his words.

4 minutes ago, fragglerock said:

I'm on board, but please explain 😄

I was being cheeky and making cake relevant to the Trump thread. :P 

• Like 2
Fraggle Underdark
22 minutes ago, Sean_Bird said:

I was being cheeky and making cake relevant to the Trump thread. :P 

Well yes, but I hunger for info on the cake on the right :P Why does it look like the Crypt Keeper? Is this a Dorian Gray situation, where the cake on the right shows his character?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Naiwen said:

Do you think he'll lose or win again isn 2024, @Sarah-Sylvia?

There's no way to even guess what will happen in 2024.  He may be in prison then.  He may be irrelevant by then.  There are many other Republicans who want to run then. Four years is a long time in politics.    

• Like 2
8 hours ago, fragglerock said:

Well yes, but I hunger for info on the cake on the right :P Why does it look like the Crypt Keeper? Is this a Dorian Gray situation, where the cake on the right shows his character?

Oh! It's from Nailed It! They were tasked with making a Trump cake in a short amount of time, and the pic on the right is the result. :D

• Like 1
Fraggle Underdark
13 minutes ago, Sean_Bird said:

Oh! It's from Nailed It! They were tasked with making a Trump cake in a short amount of time, and the pic on the right is the result. :D

Hah, that's wonderful 😄

I was thinking of ways to make my response be more Trump-specific, and so:

4y3c4z.jpg

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Sally said:

There's no way to even guess what will happen in 2024.  He may be in prison then.  He may be irrelevant by then.  There are many other Republicans who want to run then. Four years is a long time in politics.    

I don’t think his punishment should be jail.  He should have to work a minimum wage job, with no health insurance and try and find affordable housing.

• Like 8
3 hours ago, NewStart said:

I don’t think his punishment should be jail.  He should have to work a minimum wage job, with no health insurance and try and find affordable housing.

Why not both? Prison AND the minimum wage job? (if he can even get a job after prison, with the crimes he's committed) 

• Like 3
Fraggle Underdark
4 hours ago, NewStart said:

I've thought something similar about the spineless legislators who are scared that if they stand up to Trump he'll make them lose their seat. So many Americans are losing their jobs and you can't risk losing your cushy job when democracy is on the line? It's not like you can't get another job if you lost your seat. (And maybe pass some COVID relief before you get booted, if you're concerned about that!)

• Like 5
Gifted With Singleness
15 minutes ago, fragglerock said:

So many Americans are losing their jobs and you can't risk losing your cushy job when democracy is on the line?

It's even more hypocritical than that, since, contrary to what most people seem to think, losing an election is not a punishment. Losing an election is not "getting fired from your job", and we need to stop treating it like that.

If you're elected to political office, your job expires at the end of your term. If you want another term, you have to be elected again. This is not the experience of someone getting fired from their job. A better analogy would be a contract that's not renewed.

I see this whole, "Not getting the political office I want means I'm punished," mentality all the time, and it really annoys me. I remember seeing people treat Brett Kavanaugh's Supreme Court hearings as if he was put on trial. He wasn't; this was a job interview. There are also people who say things like, "Trump's already out of office. Isn't he punished enough?" No, because leaving office as a direct result of your term expiring is not a punishment. That's just what it means for your term to expire.

• Like 5
Fraggle Underdark
Just now, Gifted With Singleness said:

It's even more hypocritical than that, since, contrary to what most people seem to think, losing an election is not a punishment. Losing an election is not "getting fired from your job", and we need to stop treating it like that.

In a general sense punishment is about motivation, not just the immediate situation or the results.

So not getting a job because there were more qualified applicants, that's not getting punished. But being the person they would have hired, but then not being hired because you stood up to the hiring manager's friend, that's being punished. Punishment is deliberate retaliation, with strong connotations of the punisher going out of their way to impose it, often at some cost to themselves. (For example, by not hiring the most qualified applicant.)

Of course punishment is not always wrong. Some things deserve repercussions, like crimes, or bigotry, or trying to tear down democracy, etc.

So if someone is seeking reelection, and they lose because the voters just think someone else could do better, that's not being punished. (Some people will say the official was "punished" for not doing more, or not bringing jobs, etc, but that's generally meant in a more abstract way, the way the universe "punishes" you for not eating healthy, even though the universe doesn't have motivation.) But if someone would have kept the job, but lost it just because they pissed off someone with a strong base and he lied to people about the person being a bad candidate, that's being punished.

As for Kavanaugh, I'd say he was being punished a little for sexual violence, and when it comes to keeping someone off the Supreme Court (rather than letting them get any job at all) that seems appropriate. But he was also ... well... lying, because he's smart enough to know better but was clinging to his role of privileged victim. Because obviously a history of fairness, consideration, and not breaking laws are things you want in a Supreme Court justice. That's "part of the job application".

• Like 5

With the election fraud he tried...

I'm kinda curious to the scenario where he would've sat for 8 years, wanting another 3rd term...

I bet that election would been rigged too, and he totally will win it.

I know I'm not a participant, but I WON!

3 hours ago, Phoenix the II said:

I know I'm not a participant, but I WON!

This is so common in other countries. Many of which, Trump looks up to such leaders.

Kim Jung Un, can make it look like its a fair election, and if things got too dicey, he could just purge the competition. Same with Putin.

So many other countries, where the rules get made up as they go.

That's the true beauty within this all. No matter how hard Trump tried to be just like his "buddies" overseas, he failed miserably because he forgot that in the US, the politicians must fear the people as they answer to them. He gave the country a scare, but its democracy is too powerful for even him to dismantle it.

Fraggle Underdark
4 minutes ago, ~Nadia~ said:

So... is anyone else seeing the gold Trump statue.. or is that just me?

Fun context: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-cpac-golden-calf-trump-statue-is-spurring-backlash-of-biblical-proportions-11614360507

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, fragglerock said:

Yeah, I've ripped on it a couple of times on twitter, saying that a commandment in Deuteronomy must've been mistranslated - along with many other things in the Bible. Instead of "You shall not have any gods before me" it's "You shall not have any gods before me, unless it's Donald J Trump."

• Like 4