thylacine

Master Trump Thread

iff

Irish national broadcaster platformed the head of "Virginia women for trump" on their big Saturday morning show with 374,000 listeners. 

In contrast, founded in October 2015, Virginia women for trump has 200 twitter followers. That is 1 new follower per week. 

Sigh. There needs to be better standards for guest selection on national broadcaster

Calligraphette_Coe

This week Trump got on the soapbox and demanded zero interest rates-- or negative interest rates if needed. So now we have Captitalism without rewarding the people who put the capital in Capitalism.

And it occured to me-- Trump's presidencey is nothing but a clownsuit for Republican governance. "Don't think anything through, just pontificate on whatever will get you re-elected."

Can I get a hearty HONK-HONK ?

• Like 2

iff
53 minutes ago, Calligraphette_Coe said:

This week Trump got on the soapbox and demanded zero interest rates-- or negative interest rates if needed. So now we have Captitalism without rewarding the people who put the capital in Capitalism

Trump: we are paying interest!

Translation: I am paying interest on my massive borrowings at a variable rate! If you cut interest rates, my interest payments will go down when banks cut their own rate after the fed cut

Honestly, really trump's finances need to be public so the people know how much he would save from a cut in in the interest rates. 

• Like 2

Sally

Trump doesn't think; he tweets.  We can (and should) just assume that anything he tweets about is in his personal financial interest.   I think the main interest he has in getting elected again is that if he isn't, he will be liable to criminal prosecution.

• Like 4

daveb

Personal financial interest or personal narcissist interest. :P (not always about money, but ALWAYS about himself in some way) 

• Like 3

daveb

Then there's Mike Pounce (or Pounds?). (Trump's new name for Pence...) :P 

InquisitivePhilosopher
On 9/14/2019 at 10:44 AM, iff said:

Irish national broadcaster platformed the head of "Virginia women for trump" on their big Saturday morning show with 374,000 listeners. 

In contrast, founded in October 2015, Virginia women for trump has 200 twitter followers. That is 1 new follower per week. 

Sigh. There needs to be better standards for guest selection on national broadcaster

:o Their Facebook page has more, too. And, apparently, the head of that group is originally from Ireland, so I guess that might be the reason why the Irish broadcaster had them on.

(This is where I found out about the leader of the group, because I was surprised and confused as to why an Irish broadcaster would bother interviewing her.)

https://www.irishcentral.com/opinion/niallodowd/trumps-leading-irish-american-backer-says-he-is-still-set-for-victory

daveb

And in Trump's explanation for why he rolled back Obama policy having to do with light bulbs he complained that the light bulbs make him look orange (yeah, the light bulbs do that...). :lol: :P 

• Like 2