Master Trump Thread

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, everyone.

I'm just helping chime in, here, doing my Admod duty as the cover Admod for the PPS forum of helping make sure members' discussions remain fair and respectful for everyone.

As the TOS and PPS forum rules' threads mention, please, remember that members are allowed to disagree, respectfully, without getting into personal, negative judgments or insults about other members.

If it helps, they have some tips and/or advice on how to disagree with other members, respectfully.

Thank you!

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

(covering the PPS forum)

@Perspektiv, if Trump spoke his mind it would be a very short speech 😋😋

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Arodash said:

Give me liberty or give me death means something to some of us. 

Some would be willing to relinquish those liberties temporarily for another day breathing and all their loved ones (especially so, if it is proven effective). Anyone not abiding to the social distancing. Worse even, those spitting in the face of those who are of weaker immune systems, high risk individuals by making a mockery of the safety measures showcase an uncanny level of entitlement.

By those actions, one changes the wording to: "Fuck your life, my rights over anything."

How is one any different than this woman, with that attitude?

Spoiler

So yeah I do not trust their attempts to ratchet down on things I hold dear to my heart. 

In time of need, your needs aren't as important as the needs of the collective. Collectively speaking, staying home--social distancing, and any additional layers of safety will safe lives. Its proven. So for anyone to dismiss this, because they want to go to the beach and tan with all their buddies (because its their right), are being dicks.

All that being said for the love of the gods people stay home.

I hope you do realize you're contradicting yourself, as some are refusing to due to their rights.

People who couldn't care less of others, and would rather protest at the expense of others (including those simply trying to go to work to serve you) is beyond disgusting.

Trump doesn't care of the domino effect (let alone understand it's concept), or those who get hurt by it, as its clear in the crowds--these are his people. They love him. All he cares about (his ego being stroked).

Any rational leader would request protesters to go home and socially distance, or at the very least not impede other essential workers to get to work.

Times like these, expose character. Trump isn't looking too good for your upcoming elections.

15 hours ago, Arodash said:

I may also be an outlier here because I also believe the federal govt. Today has far too much power as well, it has continuily violated state's rights thanks to the idea of "federal supremacy" even though the constitution is pretty clear on how much power is given to them. 

But your guy seems to think he has total power.

• Like 3
19 hours ago, Arodash said:

So like pay out of his own pocket? Because that would definitely boost his reputation

Fun fact actually President Trump when he was elected promise he would donate his entire presidential salary and he actually has been doing that I mean the dude is a billionaire he doesn't need the presidential salary

That is because he is stealing billions on the side.  It is all a con and he is playing it perfectly.

• Like 3

Just how much power are people willing to give the government in the name of "protecting people's lives"? Should fast food and junk food be made illegal because obesity-related complications kill millions of people each year? Some people even call obesity an pandemic, kind of like coronavirus. Should people not be allowed to drive anymore because millions of people per year die in car accidents? Where was the push to keep everyone home when car accidents were happening all the time? How would these things be logically any different from what is happening now because of coronavirus?

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Gloomy said:

How would these things be logically any different from what is happening now because of coronavirus?

If one wants to get fat chowing down McDonald's all day, its on them. Many McDonald's across the globe, and there only seems to be some countries that struggle using self control to avoid over-eating the junk that they serve. Someone blaming McDonald's for getting fat, is refusing to accept their own responsibility in stuffing their face.

Covid-19 on the other hand, is an illness that one said person could spread to others. You could potentially kill me, without me having any real chance nor choice to protecting myself.

Compare apples to apples. This is more like having AIDS and being allowed to have unprotected sex with as many people as you possibly can. Or removing any laws punishing another from doing so.

Since you could just breathe on someone, then most people will be comfortable with relinquishing rights to be kept safe.

9 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

If one wants to get fat chowing down McDonald's all day, its on them. Many McDonald's across the globe, and there only seems to be some countries that struggle using self control to avoid over-eating the junk that they serve. Someone blaming McDonald's for getting fat, is refusing to accept their own responsibility in stuffing their face.

Covid-19 on the other hand, is an illness that one said person could spread to others. You could potentially kill me, without me having any real chance nor choice to protecting myself.

Obesity does affect more than just the obese people themselves though. Like the children in this video.

Spoiler

I've also heard stories of EMT and healthcare workers practically breaking their backs while moving obese bodies.

• Like 1
Mostly Peaceful Ryan
2 hours ago, Nick2 said:

The deplorables think they should be able to yell fire in a movie theater because it is their right.

What are you talking about?

• Like 1

Can someone enlighten me here. I'm British, and I've never heard of "deplorables" being used as an insult to a specific political affiliation

1 minute ago, Skycaptain said:

Can someone enlighten me here. I'm British, and I've never heard of "deplorables" being used as an insult to a specific political affiliation

In 2016 Hillary Clinton called Trump's supporters largely a basket of deplorables. It was ill-advised, they really took to it.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Zagadka said:

In 2016 Hillary Clinton called Trump's supporters largely a basket of deplorables. It was ill-advised, they really took to it.

Thanks. 🎂 🎂 

56 minutes ago, Gloomy said:

Obesity does affect more than just the obese people themselves though. Like the children in this video.

Them being obese, is their choice (in this setting, as am aware its not always a choice). Them choosing to remain obese, and force their kids into becoming enablers, is again their choice (total dick move, as well). Still isn't comparable to covid-19, since you're not killing your kids. You're just being a horrible parent.

You'll need to cough up stats, to showcase the death toll of their kids, is close to or similar.

58 minutes ago, Gloomy said:

I've also heard stories of EMT and healthcare workers practically breaking their backs while moving obese bodies.

Again, still the choice of the obese in your video. You're becoming a social leech, due to your lack of willpower to stop stuffing your face, even seeing how much its hurting others.

If anything, you're matching the highly selfish level of entitlement of those protesting the shut down, even at the expense of blocking off key arteries that could potentially be used by life saving emergency staff trying to get to work. Then we're comparing apples to apples.

Personally, I'd refuse to lift someone that big without a hoist or forklift.

4-19-2020:  Anniversaries of the Oklahoma Bombing by Timothy McVeigh and the Columbine shooting by Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold.  All against authority of the government, and showing off their 2nd amendment rights.  Deplorables.  And like the mob at Charlottesville...Trump supporters...and some might fine people.

• Like 1

Think this is getting Off-topic, as bringing events into the debate that predate the election of Trump isn't contributing to the debate. Skycaptain moderator PPS 

• Like 1

Can we discuss WWI without mentioning Franz Ferdinand?

Incidentally, while I'm not sure how many fine people there are on both sides, I figure there are deplorables on all sides.

Controversial opinions:

Most true beliefs are based on false premises;

Most good decisions are made on accident.

We ought all to love each other, even given our foibles. Pretending they don't exist is not a kindness.

"It is not our purpose to become each other; it is to recognize each other, to learn to see the other and honor him for what he is: each the other's opposite and complement." - Hermann Hesse

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

This is more like having AIDS and being allowed to have unprotected sex with as many people as you possibly can. Or removing any laws punishing another from doing so.

California is doing that https://www.cnn.com/2017/10/07/health/california-hiv-bill-signed/index.html

But it's liberals doing it so no one complains.

I was just thinking, if AIDS were dealt with the same way Coronavirus is, they’d be making it illegal for everyone to have sex because they might have AIDS. There’s a different between punishing someone because they have done something and punishing them because they might do it.

• Like 1

Red flag laws bother me. I could legally be identified out of so many things. I don't own guns, nor do I want to own guns, but reporting like that is a distraction of time from authorities that can easily be abused.

• Like 1
AspieAlly613
9 hours ago, Skycaptain said:

Here's the story as I understand it.  In the 2016 campaign, Secretary Clinton said something along the lines of "You can throw half of Trump supporters into what I cal the 'basket of deplorables', the racist, sexist, homophobic etc. crowd."  Since then, "deplorable" became a catch-all term for those prejudiced against those groups and similar groups. 

If I'm wrong about any of the details, please correct me.

• Like 3
Mostly Peaceful Ryan
1 hour ago, AspieAlly613 said:

Since then, "deplorable" became a catch-all term for those prejudiced against those groups and similar groups

This is not really correct, while some may uses it that way it is not the smartest move as the majority of people using it are Trump supporters embrassing it as a catch all for a Trump supporter. 

The Truth is the vast majority of Americans aren't bigots. Bigots are hated in America. One of the problems Democrats have is accusing people of bigotry instead of actually debating the issues or even reconizing that people can have a different view on politics without being a bigot. The instant accusations of bigotry is attacking the person's motives and basically calling them an asshole. You can't come to a compromise with someone whom is calling you an asshole.

Democrats accuse Trump as the reason the country is so divided, but Trump didn't devide the country, it has been devided for a long time, Dems have called Romney, McCain, and Bush Racist and homophobic. These men weren't Bigots. Most people that aren't bigots have a hard time with being called a bigot. Trump is liked by many because he doesn't put up with this type of BS.  

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Nick2 said:

The deplorables think they should be able to yell fire in a movie theater because it is their right.

Actually, the "yell fire in a crowded theater" phrase was popularized by a Supreme Court justice in 1919. It was made in this case, which you can read about here: https://www.oyez.org/cases/1900-1940/249us47

This court, which leaned conservative, is the one that ruled against completely unrestricted free speech. You made this statement about conservatives believing there are no restrictions to free speech. But this statement was not based on reality; you seem to have just said it because it sounds nice.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Arodash said:

The only time you can yell fire in a movie theater is if indeed there is a fire, doing so with the intent to incite panic or riot is where the restriction comes into play and that is a very fair restriction as, causing a panic or riot can lead to the bodily harm of another person

Also thanks for citing the case

Honestly though, the dude in that case should have had his free speech protected. He was an anti-war person and it isn't right that he was criminalized.

On 4/19/2020 at 8:13 PM, Arodash said:

Because thats how you get someone's support. Insulting them lol

It seems to have worked for Trump...

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Arodash said:

Not really he doesnt insult voters, he insults elitists and other politicians. 

May well be but he uses insults to get votes and people seem to fall for them.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Arodash said:

Not really he doesnt insult voters, he insults elitists and other politicians. 

He insults all kinds of people.

• Like 5
On 4/18/2020 at 8:09 PM, Perspektiv said:

I wouldn't mind having a beer with a guy like that.

I can't think of anyone I'd enjoy having a beer with less.  He's a boor.

• Like 6
55 minutes ago, pickles mcgee said:

I can't think of anyone I'd enjoy having a beer with less.  He's a boor.

He's an incompetent president, there is no doubt about it.

However, you're likely thinking of him as a president.

Off the record, out of duty, he's a regular kind of guy who speaks his mind (I think of his Howard Stern interviews, or any setting I've seen him just be himself). I'd get along well with someone like that, vs someone speaking in meticulously put together snippets. Its the only reason he was a threat to Clinton. She was robotic. He was so off the cuff, it give him a more human and relatable feel, which is critical for a president.

If he wasn't so incompetent, he would have made a really good businessman and politician. Emotions and business, as well as politics don't mix.

Empathy is about as far as one will want to go (in having a guide as to what direction to go into), otherwise you'd never get anything done trying to make everyone happy.