Master Trump Thread

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, everyone.

I'm just helping chime in, here, doing my Admod duty as the cover Admod for the PPS forum of helping make sure members' discussions remain fair and respectful for everyone.

As the TOS and PPS forum rules' threads mention, please, remember that members are allowed to disagree, respectfully, without getting into personal, negative judgments or insults about other members.

If it helps, they have some tips and/or advice on how to disagree with other members, respectfully.

Thank you!

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

(covering the PPS forum)

It's also a tiny bit difference between nerve agents and tear gas.. One make your eyes hurt, the other make your body empty out your lungs in foam. Then there's a difference between using nerve agents to deliberate kill civilians, and to try to correct lead poisoning. 

• Like 1

Methinks China have been of considerable help here. It wouldn't surprise me if NK are going to receive assistance from China, maybe under the guise of humanitarian aid (food, medicines etc), ultimately paid for by the USA's trading deficit with China. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Skycaptain said:

Methinks China have been of considerable help here. It wouldn't surprise me if NK are going to receive assistance from China, maybe under the guise of humanitarian aid (food, medicines etc), ultimately paid for by the USA's trading deficit with China. 

^ this

While welcomed news, it really depends on the details of the deal and we don't know the details of it.

This has been the way north Korea has been going for as long as I remember, postering then some sort of aid deal, postering then some sort of aid deal, repeat. 

• Like 2
On 4/16/2018 at 6:26 AM, Perspektiv said:

Eerily enough, both are highly egotistical and narcissistic. So, both will either get along, due to speaking the same language or will be quick to drive each other to a verbal sparring match when the other doesn't get their way.

Verbal sparring match would be preferable to something far worse....somebody, hide the "red phone" already!!

• Like 1

Trump has done nothing yet on North Korea; the NK and SK leaders have met, which wasn't his doing.  

• 1 month later...

It's can't help but wonder what trump is trying to distract us all with by trying to draw attention to the disinvitation of the winners of the best ever super bowl, Philadelphia eagles (whose players never took a knee on the great country).

It just seems he is trying to divert our attention but from what?

• Like 1
9 hours ago, iff said:

It just seems he is trying to divert our attention but from what?

The fact that only a few were even planning on going?

(could also be so many other things)

Skycaptain

I heard today that most states in the USA have a state dinosaur fossil, so I suppose its natural that the head of the nation is an old fossil, Trumposaurus Rex 

3 hours ago, daveb said:

The fact that only a few were even planning on going?

(could also be so many other things)

some reports have it at one. it just seems to me the white house was making quite a number of tweets and then sarah huckabee was going in a circle on the subject.

in comparison, i didn't even hear that the previous nba champions weren't invited until reading articles about this (though that might be due to google's use of data on news articles)

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Homer said:

1005821493782212608DfVlT_iUcAMGUjm.jpg

?????

(I just see a small standard pic icon and some numbers)

• Like 1

I want to apologize to Canada and the rest of the world for our president. Sorry, everyone. Some of us are trying to make things better, but it might take a couple more years or so. :( 

• Like 4
4 hours ago, daveb said:

Some of us are trying to make things better, but it might take a couple more years or so. :( 

The scary part, is if he gets re-elected (scarier even, is the likelihood of this happening).

The funny thing, is Trudeau was open on trade talks. Trump made the mistake of backing him into a corner. Now you're giving him zero choice, but to appear "tough", even though he had a willingness to make concessions. Who are we kidding? We're Canadians. We want to get along with everyone! But piss us off, and we'll write letters, or utter retaliatory threats like: "We regret to do this, and are sorry, but.."

If Trudeau doesn't stand his ground, and follow through on the retaliatory Tariffs July 1st, he loses future votes. As simple as (I definitely would not vote for him again, that's for sure). It means you've been backed into a corner, and bullied and just took it on the chin and cowered. Especially from Trump. That just doesn't fly. What does that say about your country? You'd be humiliating your tax payers.

Trump needs to learn that business and politics are very different. His antics would've netted him concessions in the business world (as a multi-billion dollar account, you pretty much dictate everything with regards to your suppliers--they beg you, not the other way around). In the political sphere, he needs to learn that his antics will only net him painful retaliatory blows from his allies he is trying to bully into action. His actions start wars, albeit trade wars which is what he is currently flirting with.

Not only this, but just like Canada is preparing to do, they will do their damage in the states you are garnering votes from dollar for dollar. Just like if you want to ignite the same wars in China, they'll hurt you badly, in your states you get votes from. You're only hurting your tax payers (and yourself), ultimately, for your fragile ego.

I'm already feeling the heavy pinch of his Tariffs, in my industry (I deal with a lot of US aluminum and steel suppliers--which is essentially the bulk of what I sell O_o). I'm seeing on average 8% hikes on the aluminum components I buy from suppliers. I've also received several memos in email of pending major increases.

I'm already forced to increase some of my prices. Some of my larger suppliers (mercifully), saw this coming and have quickly adjusted in terms of where they purchase some of their raw materials (or entire product lines). Aluminum as a product as is, is insanely volatile in price point, so confused as to why you'd want to worsen that.

If anything, you'll just piss off a lot of the wrong people who have the power of votes.

Trudeau is unfortunately feeling that pressure. Back down, and you're as good as toast during the next elections.

It's both pleasure-able and nerve wrecking that Trump basically failed the NK summit.

The agreement has no specific terms or ways to ensure NK complies while giving them reduced US military activity at the NK/SK border. Meanwhile, Trump gave stage to Kim Jung Un, praised him and treated him as an equal. Multiple problems here; Mainly giving Kim the attention he wanted and praising a dictator that runs a police state while also being one of the biggest violators of human rights.

The funny (and sad) part of all this is that Kim knew just how to play Trump. Praise him, stroke that ego, and he'll do whatever you want. The agreement and the terms of the summit makes that painfully obvious. While previous presidents could have done more to deal with North Korea, what Trump has done is the wrong more.

• Like 3

So much winning!

• Like 1

Kim knew exactly what Trump needed: to be able to say he met with Kim when no other President had.  That's all he needed, and that's all he got.  There was no agreement whatsoever.  But Trump will be able to say to his base, "I met with him and he didn't scare me! All those other President are wimps!  He said he would get rid of his nukes!"   

• Like 2

Trump's hardball on trade may just work, after a fashion. The USA has a global trade deficit of circa $500 billion per annum. So he can play this game knowing that others need the USA more than the USA need them 

59 minutes ago, Telecaster68 said:

As a Brit, the thing I noticed was how much more at home Trump was with a murderous despot given to ludicrous willy waving than he was with the democratically elected leaders of his ostensible friends. I loved how Trudeau was denounced for being weak and deceiving because he stood up to Trump. Word of the day is 'projection'. 

He does seem to admire dictators. :( 

If he screws Europe, China, Japan, Korea etc that, to him isn't an issue. If Nike et al start production in the USA again, its jobs for USA citizens, he'll have delivered on an election promise, and be more likely to get reelected. 

True, but a 100% tariff on a Ford Mustang would hurt Europe a lot less than the same tariff on a Mercedes E-Class, same a tariff on Levi hurts the USA less than a tariff on Burberry 

3 hours ago, Sally said:

Kim knew exactly what Trump needed: to be able to say he met with Kim when no other President had.  That's all he needed, and that's all he got.  There was no agreement whatsoever.  But Trump will be able to say to his base, "I met with him and he didn't scare me! All those other President are wimps!  He said he would get rid of his nukes!"   

And a master negotiator/deal maker knows that the important stuff is never put in the signed agreement. No, the smart thing to do is trust character instead!

This is just so painful.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Kayze said:

And a master negotiator/deal maker knows that the important stuff is never put in the signed agreement. No, the smart thing to do is trust character instead! 

Yeah, but planning and preparing is for meek people.

Tough people wing, and make snap gut decisions.

It boggles the mind how he's dusting his hands off like he actually believes he accomplished something.

Its like a firefighter walking out of a still smoking building, talking about: "Nothing more to see here, all is under control!" as an explosion sets off behind them.

I'll tell you what, though. That guy is a hell of a salesman. President, not so much.

He could probably sell salt to a sea mammal.

He's faked until he's made it for his entire presidency. Winged and prayed for just about everything undertaken.

8 hours ago, Telecaster68 said:

As a Brit, the thing I noticed was how much more at home Trump was with a murderous despot given to ludicrous willy waving than he was with the democratically elected leaders of his ostensible friends. I loved how Trudeau was denounced for being weak and deceiving because he stood up to Trump. Word of the day is 'projection'. 

Trump's a macher who operates on instinct and isn't at all comfortable with people who value thought.  

• Like 1

I think Trump derangement syrome is very real after reading this thread. 😃

Keep being entertaining. 

I don't even like Trump, but it's becoming apparent how that hatred was instilled after recent FBI leaks.

1 hour ago, Malum said:

I think Trump derangement syrome is very real after reading this thread. 😃

Keep being entertaining. 

I don't even like Trump, but it's becoming apparent how that hatred was instilled after recent FBI leaks.

I mean, I just listened to him speak, and that's when I realized I disapproved of him. Compare how he speaks to any other past president or any other world leader, and tell me if Trump sounds intelligent enough to know how to manage the school system, cunning enough to make decisions in a war, or knowledge enough to know why the space program benefits America. 

Or just listen about how he speaks about the KKK and neo-nezis vs terrorists that aren't white, and tell me he isn't biased towards one race.

Or listen to how he speaks about women and his daughters compared to again past presidents and other leaders and tell me who thinks more highly of women. 

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, FaerieFate said:

I mean, I just listened to him speak, and that's when I realized I disapproved of him. Compare how he speaks to any other past president or any other world leader, and tell me if Trump sounds intelligent enough to know how to manage the school system, cunning enough to make decisions in a war, or knowledge enough to know why the space program benefits America. 

Or just listen about how he speaks about the KKK and neo-nezis vs terrorists that aren't white, and tell me he isn't biased towards one race.

Or listen to how he speaks about women and his daughters compared to again past presidents and other leaders and tell me who thinks more highly of women. 

Action, speaks louder than words. Public speaking is entirely for show. 

He sounds like a normal person to me, and that says something about the politicians. They are silver tongue snakes, who intentionally sound intelligent, and use big words to confuse and distract from what their actions are doing. Trump speaks in a way, anyone can understand. It is more inclusive, and respectful in my opinion. Not everyone speaks English as a first language. Not everyone is literate.

You cannot look at Trump's actions, and tell me he is stupid. Unemployment is at a historical low. The economy is booming. Homelessness is down, and we are in surplus now with trade with some countries. 

I do not care how bad he speaks, because his actions has proven him highly successful. People just cannot get over his personality to accept he is doing a good job. To me, that is more childish behavior than Trump has ever portrayed.