Master Trump Thread

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, everyone.

I'm just helping chime in, here, doing my Admod duty as the cover Admod for the PPS forum of helping make sure members' discussions remain fair and respectful for everyone.

As the TOS and PPS forum rules' threads mention, please, remember that members are allowed to disagree, respectfully, without getting into personal, negative judgments or insults about other members.

If it helps, they have some tips and/or advice on how to disagree with other members, respectfully.

Thank you!

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

(covering the PPS forum)

1 minute ago, CaptainYesterday said:

The word, or the idea?

The idea.

• Like 1

I’m going to take a shot at guessing Trumps plan here. 

First he’s going to insist on a wall around Mexico, a yuge wall when what he is really campaigning on is immigration reform. When it comes time for a bill to be written he’s going to hold a hardline point on it and stir up a bunch of talk to reinforce that. Then he can push on the wall idea a bit to get a more conservative bill passed with democrat support focused on not having a yuge wall. He’ll sign it while saying “You can’t win em all.”

4 hours ago, CaptainYesterday said:

If calling impoverished countries that are predominately black "shitholes" is proof that he's racist against black people,

Who said anything about race? Are you playing the race card?

13 hours ago, ChillaKilla said:

He now has publicly referred to Haiti and certain African countries as “shitholes”. Direct quote. I have no words.

Being Haitian, I don't understand why people are shocked and appalled by this.

I mean, this is a guy who's stated he'd build a wall across the Mexican/US border, omitting the fact there are bodies of water, mountain ranges, etc in the way literally making a complete wall impossible. Beyond this, that the country he's trying to block out would pay for it. Or missing the irony, of the likely fact that those building it, would mostly be the type of people he's trying to keep out, because they don't contribute to American society.

I mean, I've been to Haiti. Its a country that was once a tourism hot spot. Corrupt politicians and greed, have made it go from this, to one of the poorest in the western hemisphere. Regardless of what bothers me about it, I will forever be proud of my roots.

I don't think his statement is bad. I don't feel it's racist in the slightest, regardless of how you try to flip it. Ignorant is as far as I'd go. Idiotic, if accuracy was requested. Embarrassing if coming from a politician--regarding the hundreds of millions he directly represents around the world, if asked for specifics.

I think the true issue here, is his lack of leadership. His low competence level for the job he's doing.

More than anything, that people are still finding ways to get offended or shocked by what he says. *That's* shocking.

I feel sorry for him. He's so narcissistic that he's oblivious at how poor of a job he's doing.

On 12/01/2018 at 1:11 PM, Skycaptain said:

Doesn't surprise me, he's too chicken to visit Britain as he knows a vocal part of the population don't like him 

Blaming his decision on Obama's administration when it was actually the George w bush administration decision to move it

1 hour ago, iff said:

Blaming his decision on Obama's administration

I mean his entire body of work was to destroy everything Obama did. Whether its accurate or not, is irrelevant. Or at least, to him. Anyone questioning him, is of course fake news.

You can't argue with a narcissist. The media needs to learn this.

I've married and divorced a narcissist. Your only option is giving them radio silence. His idiocy doesn't deserve a response.

13 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

Being Haitian, I don't understand why people are shocked and appalled by this.

I mean, this is a guy who's stated he'd build a wall across the Mexican/US border, omitting the fact there are bodies of water, mountain ranges, etc in the way literally making a complete wall impossible. Beyond this, that the country he's trying to block out would pay for it. Or missing the irony, of the likely fact that those building it, would mostly be the type of people he's trying to keep out, because they don't contribute to American society.

I mean, I've been to Haiti. Its a country that was once a tourism hot spot. Corrupt politicians and greed, have made it go from this, to one of the poorest in the western hemisphere. Regardless of what bothers me about it, I will forever be proud of my roots.

I don't think his statement is bad. I don't feel it's racist in the slightest, regardless of how you try to flip it. Ignorant is as far as I'd go. Idiotic, if accuracy was requested. Embarrassing if coming from a politician--regarding the hundreds of millions he directly represents around the world, if asked for specifics.

I think the true issue here, is his lack of leadership. His low competence level for the job he's doing.

More than anything, that people are still finding ways to get offended or shocked by what he says. *That's* shocking.

I feel sorry for him. He's so narcissistic that he's oblivious at how poor of a job he's doing.

I'm not shocked, but what he said was racist, especially given his statement about preferring people from Norway. His perspective is that Norway doesn't have people of color there to turn it into a shithole.

Trump is a symptom of a greater problem in the USA. He says everything that closeted white supremacists keep to themselves. 

Though the USA went through more than a century of racial reform (abolition of slavery, Civil Rights Act, etc.) it has yet to have a real hard and heartfelt conversation about what often bubbles under the surface, which is white fear and loathing of black culture and internalized racism in black people. The ethnic and cultural foundation of the USA has been shifting, and that is downright scary to racists.

Trump, whether he intends to or not, speaks for segregationists who want the country's culture to be shaped by white ideals. He also speaks for people who accept racial integration with conditions. He's a mirror for his base and for the whole country as far as how we've chosen to deal with race relations.

• Like 6
50 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

I mean his entire body of work was to destroy everything Obama did. Whether its accurate or not, is irrelevant. Or at least, to him. Anyone questioning him, is of course fake news.

You can't argue with a narcissist. The media needs to learn this.

I've married and divorced a narcissist. Your only option is giving them radio silence. His idiocy doesn't deserve a response.

More like everyone arguing with Trump refuses to acknowledge anything he says, no matter how true. All while doing mental gymnastics to construe everything he does is somehow negative

Credit where its due, he has, so far, resisted the temptation to state to the UN that he has causus belli against North Korea 

• Like 1

Good fucking grief

A career intelligence analyst who is an expert in hostage policy stood before President Donald Trump in the Oval Office last fall to brief him on the impending release of a family long held in Pakistan under uncertain circumstances. It was her first time meeting the president, and when she was done briefing, he had a question for her. 

"Where are you from?" the president asked, according to two officials with direct knowledge of the exchange. 

New York, she replied... Referring to the president's hometown, she offered that she, too, was from Manhattan... He wanted to know where "your people" are from...After the analyst revealed that her parents are Korean, Trump turned to an adviser in the room...asking why the "pretty Korean lady" isn't negotiating with North Korea on his administration's behalf, the officials said.

At a March meeting with members of the Congressional Black Caucus Trump asked the elected officials if they personally knew just one member of his incoming cabinet — Ben Carson — according to two people in the room. During that same meeting, a member relayed to Trump that potential welfare cuts would harm her constituents, "not all of whom are black." The president replied: "Really? Then what are they?"

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-s-history-breaking-decorum-remarks-race-ethnicity-n837181

• Like 4

He's both stupid and ignorant.  Those situations are not always found together, but in Trump they are, and thus there's no  hope.  

• Like 1
Just now, daveb said:

He's also extremely self-centered, arrogant, and insecure.

So was Johnson, but he wasn't stupid.  He was able to listen and learn.  Trump can't.  

• Like 2
14 hours ago, PaganBookworm said:

I'm not shocked, but what he said was racist, especially given his statement about preferring people from Norway.

What he said could easily be interpreted as racist. However, with zero recordings, you're relying on "sources". Context can switch up quite fast, when it comes from multiple sources. Which is why this needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

For the sake of the argument. Lets just say he said exactly those words in that context.

Then yes, it was in fact a racist statement to make. I still feel its ignorant and idiotic, more than it being racist, however. It showcases to me, more his lack of awareness of what truly goes on in the world. He should've stuck to business.

However, again--why is anyone shocked or even upset at him spewing ignorant, racist, or sexist gibberish?

1 hour ago, Perspektiv said:

However, again--why is anyone shocked or even upset at him spewing ignorant, racist, or sexist gibberish?

Why wouldn't we be upset?  He's the highest official in our country.  He represents us to the whole world.  I care how my President acts.    

• Like 3
49 minutes ago, Sally said:

Why wouldn't we be upset?

Because he's not behaving any different than before he was elected as president. His behavior, is what got him elected. Many saw it as refreshing. Now, its a problem? He's showing the same impulsiveness and erratic and unpredictable behavior. 

People are expecting him to change? That old saying, does state that when someone shows you who they truly are--believe them. 

He represents us to the whole world.

I hate to say it, but the fact that he was elected, showcases there are a lot of Americans thinking just like him. They're called the silent majority for a reason. Truth hurts. 

I care how my President acts.    

This is all the incentive you should need for your next elections. 

You don't hire a guy like Trump, if you're concerned of image. He doesn't have a diplomatic bone in him. His entire career, he's been great at business but has been horrible at politics. He even admits this.

He said it himself. He's not politically correct. I'm just confused as to why you would get offended at a guy showing you he's a sexist pig. A racist, and an impulsive man-child prior to election. 

He's as advertised. 

I also love the fact he keeps saying his comments on the "shithole" fiasco are totally misrepresented. Yet, he won't clarify or deny specifically what was said. Sounds like *cough* bullshit *cough* to me.

You have to keep in mind, this is a guy who said the: "grab her by the..p.." comment. Only to state he didn't say it, and that it wasn't him. With video and audio evidence available, and having made an apology during the debates O_o

I'd trust this guy's word, as much as a car salesman telling me: "don't worry about it", when you hear moving parts in the engine as you drive at certain speeds. "Its totally normal". Dude, its loud clanging... "that sound isn't really what you're hearing." Uh..

I wonder how the FCC is doing since last week. I mean, "shit" is on their banned words for broadcasting list and suddenly its pouring out of everyone's mouth. Do they fine the POTUS or the media for repeated utterances of vulgarity? Nevermind that that word is common to most of the world's vernacular.

On 1/14/2018 at 12:06 AM, Perspektiv said:

Because he's not behaving any different than before he was elected as president. His behavior, is what got him elected. Many saw it as refreshing. Now, its a problem? He's showing the same impulsiveness and erratic and unpredictable behavior. 

People are expecting him to change? That old saying, does state that when someone shows you who they truly are--believe them. 

I hate to say it, but the fact that he was elected, showcases there are a lot of Americans thinking just like him. They're called the silent majority for a reason. Truth hurts. 

This is all the incentive you should need for your next elections. 

You don't hire a guy like Trump, if you're concerned of image. He doesn't have a diplomatic bone in him. His entire career, he's been great at business but has been horrible at politics. He even admits this.

He said it himself. He's not politically correct. I'm just confused as to why you would get offended at a guy showing you he's a sexist pig. A racist, and an impulsive man-child prior to election. 

He's as advertised. 

Thank you.  We know that.  All of it.  It doesn't prevent us from being angry and upset, because he wasn't elected by a majority, silent or otherwise.   He lost the popular vote by almost 3 million.  He won by the Electoral College.  Perhaps you don't have that political setup in Canada; if so, inform yourself before you give a lecture.  

• Like 2

My main concern at this point is the psychopathic white supremacists who might commit domestic terrorism after having been inspired by Trump's blatant call for ethnic cleansing in the USA.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Sally said:

Perhaps you don't have that political setup in Canada; if so, inform yourself before you give a lecture.  

I never said he was voted in by the majority of people in the US. I said the silent majority in the US, voted him in.

I'm well aware of the fact he didn't win the popular vote.

However, he knew his market and knew the swing states he could dominate in. He was relentless in pounding the pavement in those key states. Clinton wasn't as relentless as he was throughout, and perhaps only has herself to blame for this. She likely thought the win was already in the bag. Nobody, especially the media even gave Trump a remote chance. You should play like its your game to lose, until they blow the final whistle. Had she matched his hustle, there is no way he would have stood a chance.

A major mistake she will have to live with. She also failed miserably at key moments in the debates. By key moments, I mean with her back against the wall and nowhere to hide.

People tend to vote for people that they like. Its like auto sales. You'll buy from someone you like. Has little to do with the car itself, as if you live in a large city--you likely have several dealerships to pick from.

He showcased himself in having a larger than life personality. Someone genuine and likeable. Funny and entertaining, even. Americans tend to love this in a president, which is why many train on how to speak and appeal to people. Obama dancing and singing on national TV? It was instant love for those who voted for him. His policies mattered little. He was liked by many.

She didn't even have 5% of the charisma her husband had, let alone Obama. Doesn't mean she wasn't effective. She studied law, and was a great lawyer, so if anything--policies and attention to detail would've been her strength.

However, in politics image is everything.

She failed miserably at this, appearing robotic most of the time. She required scripted rebuttals. He was off the cuff, and quick.

It doesn't matter that millions more voted for her. I would've been shocked had she lost states like NY or California.

He won where it mattered.

2 hours ago, Sally said:

All of it.  It doesn't prevent us from being angry and upset, because he wasn't elected by a majority, silent or otherwise.

I'm not saying you can't be angry. I'm saying he's in office as advertised. Anger won't do a thing. He's narcissistic. It will always be the media's fault, or someone else's but his own.

You're best off using that anger for the next election, in making sure there are zero repeats.

I'm just saying I don't understand the anger or the shock, considering.

I'm not lecturing. Had we elected a shit prime minister, I would've been in your shoes kicking myself I didn't vote (if I hadn't) or admitting as a country, that we are idiots for voting that person in office. I'd be embarrassed for my country. Forget anger.

I'm not painting all Americans with the same brush. However, there is a loud voice within it, that he struck a chord with. You can't ignore that. He's brought attention to a portion of the US that has always been there. People feel he's a symptom or worsening it. No--he's just bringing light to it. Its always been there!

For some of us the anger and shock over Trump and his comments (and actions and everything) isn't new. We're not newly shocked at the latest idiocy. Our anger and distaste has been present for a long time. I never liked Trump. Not even before he even started running for office.

For other people it may be a matter of the "straw that broke the camel's back", so their shock and/or anger may be new in the sense that things finally tipped over that point.

But I don't know of anyone who is shocked in the sense of his comments being unexpected. You're right as far as that goes. Anyone who has paid even the slightest attention knows what he is like.

Clinton is history. Sure, we should learn from her mistakes. But other than that the less said the better, in my opinion. Trumpistas like to bring her up as if they were still campaigning against her, as if she was still in office or in power, as if she was still relevant. Time to move forward and look to the upcoming elections.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Perspektiv said:

I'm not saying you can't be angry. I'm saying he's in office as advertised. Anger won't do a thing. He's narcissistic. It will always be the media's fault, or someone else's but his own.

You're best off using that anger for the next election, in making sure there are zero repeats.

I'm just saying I don't understand the anger or the shock, considering.

I'm not lecturing. Had we elected a shit prime minister, I would've been in your shoes kicking myself I didn't vote (if I hadn't) or admitting as a country, that we are idiots for voting that person in office. I'd be embarrassed for my country. Forget anger.

I'm not painting all Americans with the same brush. However, there is a loud voice within it, that he struck a chord with. You can't ignore that. He's brought attention to a portion of the US that has always been there. People feel he's a symptom or worsening it. No--he's just bringing light to it. Its always been there!

Perspektiv, you are indeed lecturing.  Please don't do so.   Being told repeatedly about what we already know is irritating.

• Like 1