Master Trump Thread

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, everyone.

I'm just helping chime in, here, doing my Admod duty as the cover Admod for the PPS forum of helping make sure members' discussions remain fair and respectful for everyone.

As the TOS and PPS forum rules' threads mention, please, remember that members are allowed to disagree, respectfully, without getting into personal, negative judgments or insults about other members.

If it helps, they have some tips and/or advice on how to disagree with other members, respectfully.

Thank you!

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

(covering the PPS forum)

56 minutes ago, The Dryad said:

@The Bookworm I'm truly not surprised because I remember how much resentment Obama's election caused, even as I was in middle school, I remember some of the racist things that were spouted.

Trump gives racism an "okay" pass, for people who resent "PC" culture, aka "being a decent human being", and he glorifies white exceptionalism instead of a global attitude....but if we're truly bring honest with ourselves, Trump didn't make America this way, America made Trump and his supporters this way, especially with Steve King's comments on white supremacy in the past representing how many white people feel- because they're represented in history books they feel exceptional... because history tells them so, but if history were honest you would see the slaves who invented things that were patented by their masters, the free black businessmen and politicians, Mexicans, Chinese, and women in general who were ignored by American history to create a.... certain narrative.

I honestly feel like everyone needs to be re-educated.

He didn't make America this way, no, but he did make them start thinking it was okay again. That they don't need to be the crazy uncle people deny being related to or the grandpa going senile whose ideas are laughed off as ancient and outdated.  

But no, you can definitely see racism in other places. I've heard some southern states have textbooks saying slavery wasn't the cause of the Civil War. 

• Like 1
On 1/22/2019 at 2:52 PM, IronHamster said:

Trump was never called racist before he started running as a Republican.

I'm fairly certain he was called racist when the Trump tower discriminated housing against black people and I'm fairly certain Trump was called racist when he started the birther movement on Obama's election... 

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, sithgirlix said:

He didn't make America this way, no, but he did make them start thinking it was okay again. That they don't need to be the crazy uncle people deny being related to or the grandpa going senile whose ideas are laughed off as ancient and outdated.  

But no, you can definitely see racism in other places. I've heard some southern states have textbooks saying slavery wasn't the cause of the Civil War. 

Most textbooks of the South were dominated by the Daughters of the Confederacy, the same people who protect old Confederate monuments, so yes, they told that slaves were happy to be slaves and sung gleefully and glorified the Confederacy "brave heroes".

I really don't think he taught them that it's okay...these people have probably been mumbling racist stuff under their breath their whole lives, but I don't really think the vast majority of Trump supporters are "crazy uncles" (lol) but just complacent, moderately racist-moderately tolerate folks, who are Christian and somewhat.... uneducated, but definitely still feel exemplary.

• Like 1

"Indicting Roger Stone, Mueller Shows Link Between Trump Campaign and WikiLeaks"

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/25/us/politics/roger-stone-trump-mueller.html

I honestly wonder how Trump keeps wiggling out if these sticky situations he makes, but someone else takes the fall for him....typical mob-boss behavior, yes, but, his luck's gotta run out sometime.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Telecaster68 said:

I heard a very persuasive line of argument from some law professor that his luck wouldn't run out while he was still alive, given his age and ability to pay lawyers to string things out.

Somehow....this seems likely, which is sad. Is money really everything?

• Like 1
RoseGoesToYale

I've been pretty dismissive of the whole Russian collusion thing, mainly because there's too much going on there with news and I just can't deal. But at this point... I think I finally know who won the Cold War, and it wasn't the country whose government shut down for over a month.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, RoseGoesToYale said:

I've been pretty dismissive of the whole Russian collusion thing, mainly because there's too much going on there with news and I just can't deal. But at this point... I think I finally know who won the Cold War, and it wasn't the country whose government shut down for over a month.

Soviet union lost the cold war, no doubt about it but i do think usa failed to demilitarize its system and your military budged is insane.

Guest Jetsun Milarepa

How did we get to the point where this type of numpty can even be left in charge of a public toilet, never mind a whole continent. We surely are dumbing down if this is the standard.

2 hours ago, chandrakirti said:

How did we get to the point where this type of numpty can even be left in charge of a public toilet, never mind a whole continent. We surely are dumbing down if this is the standard.

It’s because of a concept called the lowest white man. Historically in the USA, white people who were racist entertained the idea that no matter how uncultured, uncivil, and unclean they were, at least they were not black. 

Ergo, this administration and its base are reacting to eight years of black excellence.

I didn’t agree with all of Obama’s policies, but at the very least he was a real president. 

• Like 5
58 minutes ago, chandrakirti said:

Of course it makes sense...1)I don't think a lot of people realize just how racist American politics is and how much the Republican party wants to undo everything Obama did,2) plus Donald Trump is just a front for the powers that be, if you will, have you noticed that we haven't heard much of what's actually going on in government since Trump has been elected? We hear some, about Syria- but I find it extremely suspicious we don't hear more, we only hear about the Trump-Russia stuff.

• Like 3
On 1/25/2019 at 7:07 AM, The Dryad said:

I'm fairly certain he was called racist when the Trump tower discriminated housing against black people and I'm fairly certain Trump was called racist when he started the birther movement on Obama's election... 

Actually, Hillary Clinton was the first "birther."  It might be a bad idea to mention Obama when discussing racists because Obama was the most Racist Present since Democrat Woodrow Wilson.  

1 hour ago, IronHamster said:

Actually, Hillary Clinton was the first "birther."  It might be a bad idea to mention Obama when discussing racists because Obama was the most Racist Present since Democrat Woodrow Wilson.  

How was Obama racist? And yes I know you can be racist to white people too.

On 1/25/2019 at 11:57 AM, Telecaster68 said:

I heard a very persuasive line of argument from some law professor that his luck wouldn't run out while he was still alive, given his age and ability to pay lawyers to string things out.

So many things he is doing are technically illegal/abrogate the Constitution (for instance, his self-dealing and using his businesses as political weapons definitely are against the emoluments clause), but few Presidents have actually performed those acts so we don't know what the actual penalties are, or will be.  Hopefully Mueller can help with those questions -- if he ever gets done with his investigations.  

• Like 3
3 hours ago, IronHamster said:

I know that Goldwater girl Hilary Clinton was the first to spout lies about Obama's birth, that's one of the reasons I don't like her, but the movement was started by Trump, and I don't believe Obama was racist....his politics were fairly moderate, but he did commit terrorism in the "Middle East" region, but I believe that's just part of our ongoing wars, and doesn't exactly have to do with personal politics but rather the agenda of the powers that be.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, IronHamster said:

It might be a bad idea to mention Obama when discussing racists because Obama was the most Racist Present since Democrat Woodrow Wilson.  

That is just a ridiculous claim.  

• Like 9
On 1/26/2019 at 3:39 AM, Telecaster68 said:

Does anyone know what other powers Trump would get if he declares a state of emergency?

It's such a classic authoritarian move that it's worrying, however phlegmatic you are. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/01/presidential-emergency-powers/576418/

Take control of the internet

Deploy troops in the USA against citizens

Suspend habeas corpus

Revoke US passports

Roundup and detain “subversives”

Possibly declare martial law

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, Telecaster68 said:

The government basically just has to decide someone might be in contact with people they don't like (like say, offering charity support to an illegal immigrant).

Quite a crime indeed! People have already been convicted of giving humanitarian aid to Hispanic immigrants.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jan/19/arizona-four-women-convicted-after-leaving-food-and-water-in-desert-for-migrants

Even FF shouldn't be that dumb. They'd lock him in jail and it would be guilty until proven innocent, no bail, everyone exacting revenge 

10 minutes ago, pickles mcgee said:

FF?

English slang 

Donald = Donald Duck = fuck 

Trump is a colloquialism for a fart 

23 hours ago, Telecaster68 said:

It was  more a question of how he can manipulate process than what the penalties would be.

Yes, of course he doesn't care about penalties, since he thinks he should be free of them.  I meant that we don't yet know what the penalties will be.  

From reading about this guy and reading what is said about him by close associates (since the leaks started day 1), I don't believe that he calculates anything.   He simply doesn't have the intelligence -- even raw shrewdness -- and certainly lacks the focus to be able to calculate situations.  

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, CJN said:

This isn’t quite right. The US, like my country, was violently colonised by Europeans at catastrophic cost to the indigenous peoples. Racism was indisputably the religious, philosophical and political justification for the assertion of European sovereignty; it has and will always remain the unchallengeable political principle behind the suppression of equal social and political rights to non-European lineages everywhere.

Bit offtopic but sadly our history is full of " more powerful "people" " settling over whoever happens to live where they are going, in a way its a basic function of life to spread and displace those "weaker"... Historically "europeans" have been colonized several times, doesnt justify what "current" europeans have done to others but its just continuation of our species actions. 

As for trump, he might not calculate actions himself but im sure he has plenty of people calculating for him(and themselves)

• Like 2

So we're not going to talk about the fact that Roger Stone has Richard Nixon tattooed on his back 😂

Dxwe29oX0AEKfVG?format=jpg&name=900x900

_104890931_trump_rusia_investigation_v4_

Exposing how criminal these people are in general, is funny. While I don't necessarily think Trump will be arrested, it will be extremely funny to see everyone else around him get arrested....like his son in law, for one.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Urishir said:

Bit offtopic but sadly our history is full of " more powerful "people" " settling over whoever happens to live where they are going, in a way its a basic function of life to spread and displace those "weaker"... Historically "europeans" have been colonized several times, doesnt justify what "current" europeans have done to others but its just continuation of our species actions. 

As for trump, he might not calculate actions himself but im sure he has plenty of people calculating for him(and themselves)

You entirely missed the point, in no point in history has one "race" of people destroyed social order, erased identities, and placed themselves in power by so much widespread violence more thoroughly than Europeans to the rest of the world for such a long period of time- this is why you see the issues of today come up so often. And why you see it happening in colonial parts of the world.

Look at the racial hierarchy of South Africa (especially the coloureds), the Philippines (Filipino mestizos) Mexico (mestizos) Haiti (Creoles and mulattos), Australia 'Aboriginal' definitely, and the U.S. American population ( Creoles, Mulattos, and native American "half-breeds"). Look at the people who are usually chosen to represent the "face" of a nation of people.

This racial hierarchy has European bloodlines at the top, with "pure Europeans" always being "better"; today's politics didn't come out of nowhere, this is the legacy of imperalism. This is what spawned Donald Trump and why him and his supporters are as "true blue American" as they come.

We might live in a "post racial" world, but because European imperalism's ending was "half-assed" at best, we have half-assed results, not to mention the racist politics inbred into systematic injustices all over the world, but I don't have time to explain that.

Edited by The Dryad
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, CJN said:

This isn’t quite right. The US, like my country, was violently colonised by Europeans at catastrophic cost to the indigenous peoples. Racism was indisputably the religious, philosophical and political justification for the assertion of European sovereignty; it has and will always remain the unchallengeable political principle behind the suppression of equal social and political rights to non-European lineages everywhere.

Why do you say it will always remain so?