Master Trump Thread

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, everyone.

I'm just helping chime in, here, doing my Admod duty as the cover Admod for the PPS forum of helping make sure members' discussions remain fair and respectful for everyone.

As the TOS and PPS forum rules' threads mention, please, remember that members are allowed to disagree, respectfully, without getting into personal, negative judgments or insults about other members.

If it helps, they have some tips and/or advice on how to disagree with other members, respectfully.

Thank you!

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

(covering the PPS forum)

The Terrible Travis
4 hours ago, daveb said:

Shudders to think that up until now what we have seen is Trump while he was being managed by "adults". Also makes me wonder about the "resistance from within" the White House. Was there much? And if so, is it getting worn down by some of these people leaving? And what will things be like in the coming months? I am not looking forward to it. :( 

No, there wasn't much. All the people being touted as the supposedly reasonable voices in the room agreed with Trump on the overwhelming majority of things, aside from a small handful of issues. That anonymous NYT article was nothing more than a cynical PR stunt. They wrote it so that when this administration finally goes down, instead of being vilified for being complicit as they should be, they'll be instead be treated as brave heroes that fought against Trump's worst impulses - when in reality they shared most of his worst impulses. And liberals are falling for it. 

3 hours ago, The Bookworm said:

I’d like to see a comparison between the job turnover rates of the Obama presidency and that of the Trump train-wreck. 

I was about to post this, haha. 

Definitely was curious as his term seems like a circus. 

9 hours ago, The Bookworm said:

I’d like to see a comparison between the job turnover rates of the Obama presidency and that of the Trump train-wreck. 

First year turnoer:  Trump, 34%; Obama, 9%.   Trump's had even higher turnover in his second year.

And then there's the constant turnover in Department secretaries.  Trump gets made at one, fires him and plugs another Department secretary in, and thus he has a number of Departments with acting secretaries.  

• Like 1

Republicans aren't going to run him in 2020 are they? I know there's a lot of division in the republican party right now.  Is there a chance for 2 Republican nominees? Or a party spilt? Or is it not as divided as it seems.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Evren said:

Republicans aren't going to run him in 2020 are they? I know there's a lot of division in the republican party right now.  Is there a chance for 2 Republican nominees? Or a party spilt? Or is it not as divided as it seems.

Yeah.... they're unfortunately going to run him in 2020.

On 12/22/2018 at 9:50 AM, Evren said:

And now our tiny handed president has at the very least helped force a partial government shutdown.

Watching him operate the country, is like watching a nasty divorce going public. 

We are talking two narcisissists trying to one up the other. 

Great for TV, until you realize the shockwaves will be felt for generations. 

Trump brags about how rich he is, why don’t he pay for that stupid wall himself?

Trump and the situation in the whitehouse is so disgraceful. Trump should be punished for his wrong doing but I’m afraid he will be pardoned by Pence in the end. I don’t think that should be allowed.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Evren said:

I thought it was accepted fact that unless the sitting president himself says he won't be rerunning, his party will be running him for the next term. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Gentle Giant said:

Trump and the situation in the whitehouse is so disgraceful. Trump should be punished for his wrong doing but I’m afraid he will be pardoned by Pence in the end. I don’t think that should be allowed.

He can't be pardoned for the charges against him in the New York  State cases.  

• Like 2
4 hours ago, sithgirlix said:

I thought it was accepted fact that unless the sitting president himself says he won't be rerunning, his party will be running him for the next term. 

That's usually the case.  I can't think of a time when a sitting President who wanted to run again was opposed for the nomination by someone from his own party.  But we shall find out;' there's no law against it.  

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Sally said:

That's usually the case.  I can't think of a time when a sitting President who wanted to run again was opposed for the nomination by someone from his own party.  But we shall find out;' there's no law against it.  

I've looked at this, in 1976 Reagan challenged ford winning 46% for republican nomination though that doesn't count as ford was an elevated VP

Ted Kennedy won 38% in the democrats 1980.

Pat Buchanan won 23% for the republican nomination in 1992

All of which were when incumbent presidents eventually lost the presidential election. 

Hopefully there is a contested republican primary 😂

• Like 3

Yeah, it's not automatic. They still have to go through the same primary elections process. They can't just declare they are going to be the nominee and skip the process. They will probably have the support of the party officials (unless they screw up enough and become a liability), which can count for a lot.

• Like 3

We don't know yet what Mueller has, and we also don't know what the results of the New York State case will be.  The Republicans could indeed decide to not support him.  That would definitely tear the Republican Party apart.  

• Like 3
On 12/23/2018 at 9:33 AM, Evren said:

Even President Hoover ran for reelection in 1932, when it was so clear he was going to be voted out that they started writing a constitutional amendment to move inauguration day from March 4 to January 20 just to get him out 6 weeks sooner.  (The amendment passed, but not in time to go into effect for that election cycle.)

On 12/22/2018 at 7:24 AM, The Terrible Travis said:

There were never any adults in the room. Trump's Cabinet has always consisted entirely of weasels that never should've been anywhere near power to begin with. 

Yes. And that is known as a kakistocracy.

• Like 6

Usually I don’t post here, but Trump asked a 7 year old, "Are you still a believer in Santa? Because at 7, it's marginal, right?". 

*Sings the “You’re a mean one, Mr. Grinch” song but replaces “Grinch” with “Trump”* xD

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Gloomy said:

Usually I don’t post here, but Trump asked a 7 year old, "Are you still a believer in Santa? Because at 7, it's marginal, right?". 

I think the blame has to lie with whoever thought it was a good idea to put trump on phone unscripted with children, though they are probably not getting paid as either they are an intern or because of the shutdown.

Maybe it was their first day at working in the Whitehouse, considering the staff turnover rate, highly possible

• Like 3

I just heard a Trump supporter who not only used the "N" word when talking about someone, but also joked about burning a cross in his front yard to show people what Oklahoma is about.

• Like 1
Just now, Telecaster68 said:

Every president for decades has done it... If he'd decided not to, it would've been presented as him being a killjoy. 

I did specify "unscripted" in my post

• Like 1
1 hour ago, daveb said:

I thought he was there all alone (according to his tweet the other day). :P

Yep, he is a total con artist, and you should not believe anything he says.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Telecaster68 said:

It's hard to script phone calls with seven year olds. 

A preprepared list of questions to ask them. They do it for other things

That is all I have to say on the subject

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Telecaster68 said:

Not for random seven year olds, I'm fairly sure. 

The 7-year-old didn't make a stupid answer, the President asked the stupid question.  

• Like 1
8 hours ago, The Bookworm said:

I just heard a Trump supporter who not only used the "N" word when talking about someone, but also joked about burning a cross in his front yard to show people what Oklahoma is about.

Sadly, not exactly out of the realm of believablility for Trump supporters 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, The Bookworm said:

Yeah, this is the standard rhetoric around them. I've literally run videos of people using fake facts and misquotes to back up slavery, which is the reality we live in- a world of fallacies, with an internet that will "source" whatever stance you support.

No wonder all of these idiots popped up after WikiLeaks became popular. Trump gives these trash people a voice because he's also trash.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2018 at 8:53 AM, The Dryad said:

No wonder all of these idiots popped up after WikiLeaks became popular. Trump gives these trash people a voice because he's also trash.

The scary part, is the strength of them in their sheer volume. 

We all know people who think like this. 

Type who hate immigrants, yet don't realize they also are immigrants themselves. 

Type who want to nuke the middle east, but couldn't point it out on a map.

Hate muslims, yet are oblivious to their sheer global volume. If they were all terrorists, how screwed we'd be. 

He is the only politician I have seen that is brutal to listen to during question periods.

And that is not a compliment. 

He reminds me of highly narcissistic people I have known.

2 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

The scary part, is the strength of them in their sheer volume. 

We all know people who think like this. 

Type who hate immigrants, yet don't realize they also are immigrants themselves. 

Type who want to nuke the middle east, but couldn't point it out on a map.

Hate muslims, yet are oblivious to their sheer global volume. If they were all terrorists, how screwed we'd be. 

Ignorance is truly dangerous.

• Like 2