Master Trump Thread

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, everyone.

I'm just helping chime in, here, doing my Admod duty as the cover Admod for the PPS forum of helping make sure members' discussions remain fair and respectful for everyone.

As the TOS and PPS forum rules' threads mention, please, remember that members are allowed to disagree, respectfully, without getting into personal, negative judgments or insults about other members.

If it helps, they have some tips and/or advice on how to disagree with other members, respectfully.

Thank you!

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

(covering the PPS forum)

52 minutes ago, The Dryad said:

Truth is most racist folks these days are disadvantaged white people who don't know anything about black people or Hispanic people, nor the history nor what's happening around them, all they know is they are suffering- and it's been proven that once a racist gets to know another person of a hated race, they usually change.

I have rented a room from dyed-in-the-wool Republican conservative Trump supporters for the past three years. Now that they've experienced a black person living with them for this long, I've noticed a change in their perspective. They are in their 50s, and before I came along, I don't think they had ever been with a person of color for more than two minutes in their lives. They have moments when they see the flaws of the far right and acknowledge them. It's a surreal thing to watch, that in 2018, there are still white people who don't get it. But the people I live with are evolving, and it's fair to give them that chance.

• Like 6
5 hours ago, The Dryad said:

@ParadoxGenie

That's extremely disheartening, and so sad. I know the first reaction most Trump critics have for Trump supporters is anger, and yeah I get angry sometimes (especially when I hear them excusing sexual assault, slavery, etc.). But lately I've been extremely.... sympathetic towards the ignorant folks in our society.

Ignorance means not knowing, and Trump supporters tend to be fairly naive.

Truth is most racist folks these days are disadvantaged white people who don't know anything about black people or Hispanic people, nor the history nor what's happening around them, all they know is they are suffering- and it's been proven that once a racist gets to know another person of a hated race, they usually change. It's extremely easy to blame crime or poverty on people who are different from you and lower on the social ladder than you, but you should actually be blaming these things on the faulty government and Nation that you worship. Those CEOs you kiss up to? They're the ones taking your money. That President's policies? They're the ones closing down farms and manufacturing plants.

Oh trust me, we are well past the Ignorance stage with him. It's more like willful ignorance, narcissistic, scapegoat-ism. I've debated, fought, shown, him many different things for years. He won't admit he's wrong, even when cornered, or ever change his belief, and will just go 'well trump will fix that' ect with absolutely no basis on anything trump or the republicans have said. He believes in the lies, and refuses the truth, even if it's right there. He believes that if he thinks something is right and moral, even if the rest of the world doesn't, he doesn't care it's right and moral, and very very very very very dangerous. He isn't suffering from anything but narcissism, he's not in poverty. He knows he should be making more, and ect. But he absolutely refuses to blame the president for the president's own actions, and believes that it is the democrats, even when shown it's not them. He believes in so many lies, rather then listen and learn the truth. It's willful ignorance. It's willful hatred. He can like one person of a colored race, but they are an outlier, and the rest surely must be the derogatory term for that race.

He's always been one that tries to use religion to control others, but his dumb ass doesn't actually believe in any of the stuff nor does he know what it says. All he does is think that cuz he got dipped under some water as a kid, and if he keeps shelling out money, the rest doesn't matter. He can believe whatever he wants. He doesn't even believe Jesus wasn't white. And oh man, was that one hell of a conversation. He refuses to allow himself to see what others see. He thinks that people should be killed, shot, and murdered, if they aren't exactly like him in beliefs and abilities. And it's all just willful hatred, willful ignorance. He will never accept the truth, and shouldn't be allowed to own a gun, but here we are.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, ParadoxGenie said:

He will never accept the truth

People are products of the conditions they are subject to, your father sounds horrid presently but as conditions change I am sure his views will change.

My grandfather was always great, funny, and relatively agreeable politically - we could agree to disagree - yet my dad remembers when my grandfather was so convinced that Nixon was framed, the Democrats were Communists, and only Republicans get to heaven. He changed over time as the conditions of the world changed and grew to see the errors in his thoughts. Have no fear, everyone can change.

I have a hunch that Trump, if he fears being encircled by the Russia Investigation, will resign to save face with his core supporters.

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, Aebt said:

People are products of the conditions they are subject to, your father sounds horrid presently but as conditions change I am sure his views will change.

My grandfather was always great, funny, and relatively agreeable politically - we could agree to disagree - yet my dad remembers when my grandfather was so convinced that Nixon was framed, the Democrats were Communists, and only Republicans get to heaven. He changed over time as the conditions of the world changed and grew to see the errors in his thoughts. Have no fear, everyone can change.

I have a hunch that Trump, if he fears being encircled by the Russia Investigation, will resign to save face with his core supporters.

The most that will happen is that it will be down played and put under the rug. He will still be the person he is today, as he's never been a good person that has viewed things any other way, it's only because of what is happening in the world today, that he's able to freely speak out, and be worse about showing the world who he really is, and pretend it's the social norm, rather then a black stain. The only way he can change is if he decides he doesn't want to be willfully ignorant anymore, and actually accept new information, and actually be accepting of people that aren't him. He'd have to accept that threatening everyone lives with every conversation he has with everyone is wrong.

Edit: Also, I would like to point out that people are more then just what they've been through. People can unlearn fears, and behaviors, without going through an event to spurn it. A person could get nothing but love and happiness all their life and still turn out as an big old Richard or as an anxiety driven mess, ect. If you've shown a person nothing but hatred, doesn't mean they'll turn out as an extension of that hatred. You can even see that in animals, it doesn't matter if you beat one every day since it was young, it can still be loving and caring, even though it has never experienced such a thing from anyone. You can lose your arm and that event doesn't have to shape or redefine you in any way.

I don't see Trump resigning. I see him causing as much trouble as he possibly can before someone steps in, and physically jails him. I wouldn't be surprised, if Trump hasn't already figured out a way to get to a country that can't extradite him, and find a way to shake secret service. He has no reason so save face with anyone and just lies and lies and lies his way out and around his own actions, because Trump really doesn't care about anyone, but Trump.

• Like 4

I'm really interested in seeing what the new majority Democrat House will do, especially when it comes to investigating Trump with the Mueller investigation, because Trumpism is the most dangerous thing in the world right now.

I'm still really sad Beto O'Rourke didn't win though :/.

• Like 3
RoseGoesToYale

I just realized whoever cleans or maintains the White House right now deserves a huge round of applause. The things they hear in there and flak they must get would be just awful.

Sorry for the sidetrack... carry on.

• Like 2

Why am I just now finding out Trump threw Starbursts at Angela Merkle at the G-7 summit 😂, I mean technically it was probably at the table towards her, but still.

• Like 3
On 12/10/2018 at 9:04 AM, The Dryad said:

Why am I just now finding out Trump threw Starbursts at Angela Merkle at the G-7 summit 😂, I mean technically it was probably at the table towards her, but still.

This was news to me, so you're not the last to know.

• Like 3
On 12/7/2018 at 12:22 AM, The Dryad said:

We just don't hear about it.

You don't? How is that even possible?

On 12/8/2018 at 7:39 AM, Perspektiv said:

He is living proof that you can't run a country like you would a business. 

Cutting costs at dead weight expenses with no second thought doesn't work out too well, when you factor in public backlash and the domino effect this causes. 

Business is often black and white.

Thats probably why he loved it. It's what I love about it and law.

Hes the boss. Period. Undermine him and you're fired.

Sure you can do so in the white house, but expect to be put under the intense light of public opinion and scrutiny in doing so. 

He is having a hard time figuring out that a leader to a country is responsible for serving it. They are your bosses. Takes a level of humility to serve others. 

Politics have so many subtle nuances to them, that he is clearly blind to. 

He has zero self control, and unfortunately that's why he was elected. 

He talked in a very blunt manner, that was mistakenly taken as honesty. 

He boldly put reporters notorious for spinning stories in their places. Humiliated others. Gave people the perception this guy had king size balls. Wouldn't be a puppet. 

He cheated on his wife, but so did Clinton. While he didn't ever get to serve, so did Martin Luthor King, to name a couple. 

He will benefit from the forgiveness of many, due to how it seems he was unfairly covered in the media when truly consider what he has done, vs others.

It also seems blasphemous to talk in a non negative fashion about him in public, which further rallies his people. 

He wasn't a good businessman.  He's lost at least as much as he started out  with, which was a gift from his father.

Business is not black-and-white;  it's very complex.  Nor is law; it's extremely complex.  Trump is not good at complexity, which is partly why he's gone  bankrupt so many times.  

"He didn't get to serve"?   Come on.  He managed to get 3 exemptions because of bone spurs (which are easily treated).  

He has decidedly not been treated unfairly by the press.  The press in America exists to inform the public.  That's what they've been doing.  Meanwhile, he has threatened to have them fired, kicked out of the White House, called them names, and  attempted to shut down some newspapers.   

• Like 2
On 12/11/2018 at 1:37 AM, RosyIcepick said:

I just realized whoever cleans or maintains the White House right now deserves a huge round of applause. The things they hear in there and flak they must get would be just awful.

Sorry for the sidetrack... carry on.

I'll jump on that sidetrack.

I haven't actually read it, and now I kind of want to, but according to this YTer, the book "Fear: Trump in the White House" points out a lot of guys who were doing their best to keep shit to the minimum in the beginning of the Trump administration but due to their own problems are gone now. 

Honestly, if it's true, I kinda feel bad for being so happy they were kicked out at the time. I mean, if a bad guy prevents someone worse from doing something worse, which is the better of the two evils?

Kinda made me feel like every election. Do I vote for the asshole I hate, or the asshole I fear would start a Civil War?

• Like 2
5 hours ago, sithgirlix said:

I'll jump on that sidetrack.

I haven't actually read it, and now I kind of want to, but according to this YTer, the book "Fear: Trump in the White House" points out a lot of guys who were doing their best to keep shit to the minimum in the beginning of the Trump administration but due to their own problems are gone now. 

Honestly, if it's true, I kinda feel bad for being so happy they were kicked out at the time. I mean, if a bad guy prevents someone worse from doing something worse, which is the better of the two evils?

Kinda made me feel like every election. Do I vote for the asshole I hate, or the asshole I fear would start a Civil War?

I know! That's the dilemma I had too...so I voted for Jill Stein, because Bernie dropped out..but if Nina Turner, Kamala Harris, or Beto O'Rourke run, I'll support them over Bernie because I don't like some of Bernie's stances on things (like reparations for slavery, which Jill Stein supportes, and in the U.S. most ethnic groups that have been savagely treated by the government have been given reparations: Native Americans (sporadically) and Japanese Internment camp survivors in 1988, but not Chinese, Descendants of slavery and Jim Crow, or Hispanic and Latino populations. But I digress.)

TBH, I think Trump's White House was being falling apart since day 1 if his election, so it's not surprising to me that so many real politicians have been let go of to make room for Trump's shady people....who are getting arrested left and right 😂😉 karma.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Sally said:

The press in America exists to inform the public.  

If information was the goal, there would be no biases and or political agendas. 

Facts and information are supposed to be objective. Watching various news outlets will show varying coverage of the white house. 

You're otherwise no different than a debate based on opinion. 

There are a lot of things the news won't tell you. When you consider who governs this branch of "information", it's easy to see why.

13 hours ago, Sally said:

Business is not black-and-white;  it's very complex.  Nor is law; it's extremely complex.

I was eluding to the concept of business. 

Profit vs loss, asset vs liability, etc. Very black and white. 

Numbers are simple (or at least black and white -- or red, if you're an accountant).

Things get complicated when you factor in marketing and the science of thin slicing buying habits, and the social psychology behind how a market works. The human side of business, is complicated. 

Failure to market property (in terms of mastering the art of who you're selling to, vs focusing on the sale only), is the downfall of many small businesses. 

Law while very vast, is also pretty straight forward in its concept. 

Trump is a crook. 

Hes the kind of business owner that once 1 million is reached, pushes for cash sales only. This allows him to realign his finances without any government interference.

I know tons of owners that do this.

Anyone very smart, will know how to play the system. 

Why get taxed 13% on two billion, when you can get taxed on 900 million and put the cash aside in offshore accounts and essentially launder your money. 

Does anyone else get really excited for Sunday news...like feel like you need popcorn or really good avocado toast because of the Trumpcapades going on in the White House. I mean, yes our government is crap right now, and that's extremely scary....but I also get several belly laughs from crap Trump's people say to cover his butt.

The Russia probe/collusion investigation is looking more interesting as they dig deeper into Trump's shadiness....like National Enquirer/Hush Money/campaign funds/Jared Kushner... If the president can't be indicted then his family sure can.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, The Dryad said:

....but I also get several belly laughs from crap Trump's people say to cover his butt.

I've laughed at some pretty hilarious headlines since Trump took office, so I know what you mean.

14 hours ago, The Dryad said:

If the president can't be indicted then his family sure can.

From your lips to god's ears...

• Like 3
The Terrible Travis
On 12/12/2018 at 8:30 AM, The Dryad said:

I know! That's the dilemma I had too...so I voted for Jill Stein, because Bernie dropped out..but if Nina Turner, Kamala Harris, or Beto O'Rourke run, I'll support them over Bernie because I don't like some of Bernie's stances on things (like reparations for slavery, which Jill Stein supportes, and in the U.S. most ethnic groups that have been savagely treated by the government have been given reparations: Native Americans (sporadically) and Japanese Internment camp survivors in 1988, but not Chinese, Descendants of slavery and Jim Crow, or Hispanic and Latino populations. But I digress.)

Neither Kamala Harris nor Beto O'Rourke supports reparations either, and both of them are more conservative than Bernie. 

5 hours ago, The Terrible Travis said:

Neither Kamala Harris nor Beto O'Rourke supports reparations either, and both of them are more conservative than Bernie. 

From what I know they do. And they're not necessarily more "conservative" than Bernie.

The Terrible Travis
2 hours ago, The Dryad said:

From what I know they do. And they're not necessarily more "conservative" than Bernie.

I don't know where you heard that from, but it's just not true. There's not a single Democrat in Congress that supports reparations. 

And yes, they are more conservative. As Attorney General here, Kamala Harris refused to prosecute Steve Mnuchin and argued against releasing inmates because they constituted an "important labor pool". When a federal judge ruled California's enforcement of the death penalty unconstitutional, Harris appealed the decision. She supported civil asset forfeiture. She's no progressive. 

Same for Beto, who has voted to deregulate Wall Street and hasn't even co-sponsored Medicare For All. They're classic Clinton-style neoliberals. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, The Terrible Travis said:

I don't know where you heard that from, but it's just not true. There's not a single Democrat in Congress that supports reparations. 

And yes, they are more conservative. As Attorney General here, Kamala Harris refused to prosecute Steve Mnuchin and argued against releasing inmates because they constituted an "important labor pool". When a federal judge ruled California's enforcement of the death penalty unconstitutional, Harris appealed the decision. She supported civil asset forfeiture. She's no progressive. 

Same for Beto, who has voted to deregulate Wall Street and hasn't even co-sponsored Medicare For All. They're classic Clinton-style neoliberals. 

Clinton style neoliberals is the standard, but that doesn't mean "conservative", but I get what you're saying.

***I'll get back to finding sources that tell of Kamala Harris and Beto O'Rourke 'supporting' reparations later.

I'm fairly certain Kamala Harris attended/ is connected to some democratic function that was supporting reparations, LGBT safety and rights, immigration, etc, but it is alaing that she supports the prison industrial complex so openly...

As for Beto I'm fairly certain in one of his interviews, he states being in support of reparations, (maybe not in function but definitely in theory)

But you may be right about them, so thanks for the heads up on them.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Vincent Van Schmo said:

I support reparations, but I really don't know a good way to run such a program.

From what I've read and seen on U.S. reparations for Native Americans and Japanese internment camps, you have to know the specific population of people targeted (so the people receiving reparations would be people who have not come from the Carribbean or Africa or South America in modern time, but descendents of U.S. slaves, by at least one parent, I think). Especially studying Native American reparations- which are also generationally paid (the argument being Black people should not receive reparations because 'it was so long ago'), the U.S., if being unbiased shouldn't have a problem with it. The UN agrees that the U.S. owes black people reparations. So at least they can agree on that. 😀

***Aside from arguments, and into what you're actually talking about-  it's been proposed that (like Native Americans) descendents of slaves receive tax credits, or receive compensation (monetarily) or even propose a tax to people making over $150,000.

Ta-Nehisi Coates' article on reparations brings up another good point (that my family can attest to). Up until ~1965-1970 (after the Civil Rights Act), black families were preyed upon- in the article the man, was forced to sell his horse to a white man who thought he didn't deserve to own it. The man wasn't allowed to make a mortgage to own a house, black people had their land stolen- land with oil on it, do you think they kept records of these things? Nevermind what we all know as the atrocities (the lynchings, bombings, hosing, mutilation, rapes), and the discriminatory practices we've all had shoved down out throats.

But how do you account for and compensate for these types of experiences, plus slavery, plus other things I don't want to get into because this is waaaaaay too long already.

(*My family has quite a bit of our land taken, (which was 'compensation' out of prison time my Irish great great grandmother received for moonshinin' 😂, that land was given to the 'white family across the street, who we're probably related to/owned by- her husband was most likely half white from what I know, because my great grandfather was a blue eyed, mostly white man from what I know)) anywho I digress.

(In my opinion, quite a lot of U.S. populations  and other populations are owed reparations, not just U.S. blacks but let's not get into that now lol)

Plot twist: What if Don Trump actually was the president to give out reparations, and actually follow through with it? His buddies, the KKK and alt-right would probably uninvite him to their slumber parties though...

How did this become all about non-Trump stuff?

Back to the Big Cheeto - he's tweeting against SNL and saying "should be tested in courts, can't be legal". Anti-freedom of speech much? If we can't laugh at our politicians then freedom of speech goes out the door.

SNL (as well as other political-based comedy platforms/comedians) made fun of all previous presidents while they were in office (or even before, in the case of things like presidential debates), some are just better fodder for comedy than others. The poor thin-skinned Don has such a fragile ego though.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, daveb said:

How did this become all about non-Trump stuff?

It's all about Donald Trump. ☺️

Was there a certain skit that sent him over, or just the whole show in general?

The Terrible Travis
5 hours ago, The Dryad said:

Clinton style neoliberals is the standard, but that doesn't mean "conservative", but I get what you're saying.

Well, I didn't say they were conservatives, I just said they were more conservative than Bernie, which is true. 

https://globalnews.ca/news/4768301/donald-trump-saturday-night-live-criticism/

It was a sketch that put him over the edge but the show in general, I guess. SNL have mocked every President since Ford and even took jabs at Nixon despite him being out of office when the show first aired. Heck, Bush Snr had such a good sense of humour, that he invited Dana Carvey and is family to the White House for Christmas and when he left office even appeared via recording for a cold open to the show. Its part of being President or in the public eye. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, ben8884 said:

https://globalnews.ca/news/4768301/donald-trump-saturday-night-live-criticism/

It was a sketch that put him over the edge but the show in general, I guess. SNL have mocked every President since Ford and even took jabs at Nixon despite him being out of office when the show first aired. Heck, Bush Snr had such a good sense of humour, that he invited Dana Carvey and is family to the White House for Christmas and when he left office even appeared via recording for a cold open to the show. Its part of being President or in the public eye. 

Wasn't the show he hosted during the election seen as super boring since all it did was flatter him and bore audiences? I don't remember anything funny from that show at all, though of course I'm not a big fan of SNL. I just remember them stealing the "Trump's a racist" thing and the sketch which just seemed to stroke his ego about what a good president he'd be. 

4 hours ago, The Dryad said:

The sad part, is the quantity of business owners I have worked for that would go to great lengths to evade taxes line their pockets under guise of charity.

Worst of which, was one that told his staff he was going to pay for high end training provided through a government grant. 

Never had the course, but forced us to sign up for it.

His efforts netted him a cool 5 - 10, 000$. 

It almost disgusts you, considering that owner in particular owned a very large corporation and didn't need the money. 

Same owner would give you a Christmas bonus. You opened your envelope, to find out it was donated to charity on your behalf. You know he was keeping his tax receipt. 

Confronted him about anything, was a swift dismissal. Of course, voicing concerns are the same difference. 

I don't regret quitting that job. He offered to triple my salary on my departure. I knew that was bullshit.

Coming to think of it--I know what it feels like to work for Trump o_O

I'll pray for America. 

6 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

The sad part, is the quantity of business owners I have worked for that would go to great lengths to evade taxes line their pockets under guise of charity.

Worst of which, was one that told his staff he was going to pay for high end training provided through a government grant. 

Never had the course, but forced us to sign up for it.

His efforts netted him a cool 5 - 10, 000$. 

It almost disgusts you, considering that owner in particular owned a very large corporation and didn't need the money. 

Same owner would give you a Christmas bonus. You opened your envelope, to find out it was donated to charity on your behalf. You know he was keeping his tax receipt. 

Confronted him about anything, was a swift dismissal. Of course, voicing concerns are the same difference. 

I don't regret quitting that job. He offered to triple my salary on my departure. I knew that was bullshit.

Coming to think of it--I know what it feels like to work for Trump o_O

I'll pray for America. 

I honestly don't know how these people don't go to prison. Elizabeth Warren's anti-corruption bill that sounds good, which she admits will keep her and her friends in line, not just people like Donald Trump. The Clinton Foundation is notorious for corruption like this as well, it's not a one party problem, it's all over the world, people with money should pay the consequences of being corrupt- look at Michael Cohen, the crimes he's committed are heinous in politics, almost treasonous, but he got a three year sentence in a luxury prison- very comfortable, and worst off, his reputation will be fine. It's almost like what he did for Trump wasn't a real crime. Yet, it's very easy to throw away poor people trying to commit crimes to survive because of the same political vultures like Cohen and Trump.

*(But yeah, please pray for America, I'm this close 👌to building an artificial island to get away from this place 😂)

**((Just kidding....kinda)).

I don't think America needs anyone's prayers. We will get better because we have systems and people that still work.

• Like 1