Master Trump Thread

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, everyone.

I'm just helping chime in, here, doing my Admod duty as the cover Admod for the PPS forum of helping make sure members' discussions remain fair and respectful for everyone.

As the TOS and PPS forum rules' threads mention, please, remember that members are allowed to disagree, respectfully, without getting into personal, negative judgments or insults about other members.

If it helps, they have some tips and/or advice on how to disagree with other members, respectfully.

Thank you!

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

(covering the PPS forum)

4 minutes ago, Arodash said:

It is his opinion that it would cause voter fraud, you cant fact check future events. 

"if I let go of this rock it will move towards the ground" is an opinion?

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Arodash said:

That is actually factually true the governor of California is doing that but the so-called fact check was simply a link to someone else's opinion about voter fraud not fact.

https://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/voter-registration/vote-mail/

COVID-19 Update

On May 8, 2020, Governor Gavin Newsom issued Executive Order N-64-20, which, among other things, orders the November 3, 2020, General Election to be conducted as an all-mail ballot election. Accordingly, all registered voters in California will receive a vote-by-mail ballot in the mail prior to the election

That is different from what trump said about "anyone in the state" 

Vote by mail in California is already 65%

https://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/historical-absentee/

• Like 2
Gentle Giant

Trump posts all kinds of crap that violate the rules of Twitter for years without getting any kind of reprimand. Now when Twitter finally does one little thing about it, Trump has a tantrum that his rights are being violated and they are against him. What a big baby! Twitter has been too lenient with Trump. He should have been banned a long time ago!

• Like 5

I suppose I agree that twitters additional information page is kinda a mess. but it's also a very twitter way of handling stuff. I don't like twitter.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Arodash said:

Right cuz that's how you defeat Trump by silencing him not like he'll find somewhere else to make his voice heard not like Twitter makes a ton of money off of him also be so-called fact check that they used wasn't actually a fact it was an opinion piece. 

I wish "here are  some tweets" wasn't a way to cite additional sources, but the  actual  fact checks that are offered (only registered voters will receive ballots and there is a precedence of other states using vote by mail to make predictions from) seem accurate and pertinent.

• Like 3
Gentle Giant

@Arodash He breaks the rules and gets away with it. Anyone else does the same thing, they’d be gone! Why should he be able to get away with the things he does? It’s outrageous. It’s not about silencing him, they've let him bloviate lies, insults, etc. for years and they didn’t even ban him. He’s just a big baby who thinks everyone should bow to his every whim.

• Like 4

I don't think there is much actual evidence to show mail-in ballots are more prone to voting fraud than other means of voting. As has been pointed out, some states have been doing mail-on/drop-off voting only for some time now, without massive voter fraud happening. Meanwhile, some of the voter fraud that has been found has not been from mail-in voting. In other words, voter fraud can happen under all sorts of systems. So protections are put in place to mitigate that. Same goes for mail-in voting. I suspect the real source of Trump's objection to mail-in voting is he is afraid it won't serve him well (which I suspect is true). Same as the objections some people (mostly on the right, Republicans, as far as I know) have to other things that might increase voter turnout and access to voting, especially among some constituencies.

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Arodash said:

If you scroll up I actually posted a link to a incident of voter fraud that was in favor of Republicans Bill and voting is not as secure that's my only concern something around like 23 million mailed votes last year were unaccounted for or could not be accepted it's not efficient enough it's not protected enough I will pay with mail-in voting if we have the proper Protections in place that we would be utilizing for in-person ballot voting the concern for voter fraud by mail should be a concern for everyone anyone could just walk up to my mailbox during the election and steal my vote.

a little curious about the unaccounted votes statistic, and how it compares to other voting methods (including people who are registered to vote but don't) secure mailing solution could be as simple as using a mail dropbox. if you are honestly concerned then you should look into how the states that have used this have fair, specifically legal cases, studies, and repeal motions, not pundits driving narratives.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Arodash said:

I think a social distancing Dropbox system would be perfectly acceptable.

Not sure what you mean by that.

Computers do not have a place in any voting system. Paper FTW.

I don't think there is a lot we can do about truth anxiety this year.

whatever changes are made to how we vote are probably going to be hastier than ideal

as for ballots traveling through the postal process, as I see it other than when it's picked up, like if you have political signs, your ballot is anonymous so effective fraud would have to be in a much larger scale. it's like mailing money.

1 minute ago, Arodash said:

Mail man comes to your home, he sees you have proudly posted a "Biden" sign in front of your home. He now assumes your voting Biden and he himself HATES Biden. Your ballot which, as a mail carrier can determine based on its end location goes missing. Thats a person who's vote was just stolen. 

Fast and quick changes back fire. It can end badly

yeah, that's what I was talking about. being loud and untrusting is very american, but we already have a systematic solution to that with mail dropboxs.

• Like 1

I think this whole mail-in ballot complaint is about voting ability. Everyone knows Republicans would suffer if more people voted and it's why they tend to be the ones pushing for restrictions that tends to favor wealthier white people. If people don't have to go to the polls in person, a lot of problems they face may be avoided. So Reps area afraid when people actually vote they'll get fucked

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Arodash said:

Thats a fair critisism of why Republicans are concerned about mail in voting, but there are those of us who arent Republican who see it as an avenue for hurting the democratic proccess because it isnt as secure as an individual polling places, I also have the same critism for those all electronic ballot stations. 

Also it isnt just white people concerned. If you look at the article I posted above the NAACP is very concerned about possible mail voter fraud lastly. There are Republicans of all races just like Democrats. But both parties are stupid anyway they oppose each other for the sake of opposing each other. Political parties do serious harm to democracy by basically privatizing it and we once fought a very bloody war partly because of political parties

I wasn't saying it's only a white people thing. Hell, I even didn't say it was an only Republican thing. I know there are valid concerns over it. After all, mine would most likely be sent to my parents' house, and while they've actually sent it to me while living abroad before, they could easily just not do that and fill it out and forge my signature. I know there are flaws to the system and I'm not doubting that. I just think the main reason people are concerned is because of the voter representation thing without really mentioning it. There's always a big fuss over voter ID laws or other ways that would restrict voting that are never explained as being pushed to limit who votes. Some are legitimately concerned with the issue, but I never really think the politicians care.

One of the reasons was I would think if you were concerned about mail-in ballots, you wouldn't vote by mail yourself, correct? Yet Trump has done so before. I can't point out specific individuals who are also against it because I'm lazy, but the objection stands. 

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, Arodash said:

Also it isnt just white people concerned. If you look at the article I posted above the NAACP is very concerned about possible mail voter fraud lastly.

pretty sure that was largely a case of ineptitude that came from switching how things work during an emergency. which is something that we will be seeing more of.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Arodash said:

Thats the biggest problem I have is hastly switching things around which leads to serious mistakes that can have massive impacts, no problem implementing a newer system if it is done right to ensure voter protections

I agree. I think the hasty implementation is a big problem and should be the focus, not voter fraud which would be a possible result of the switch. 

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Arodash said:

How do you know a politician is lieing? Their mouth is moving! Hahahaha

I'm not fond of that joke, only because I believe there are people who go into politics because they want to make a difference and help people, only being forced to navigate the insane realm of trying to make everyone happy which is an impossibility. And it allows "non-politicians" like Trump to be praised as if he's not potentially much worse (I say potentially because there are things that some politians are hella worse about than Trump). 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Arodash said:

Another interesting note about Trump is that his tweets are considered part of the presidential records so legally Twitter cant remove them, and neither can Trump and this goes for all members of public office, AOC ran into the same problem when Trump lost his federal case to censor people for critisizing him on his Twitter.

covfefe?

so for right now it's Mr trumps private account and not president trumps government account.

• Like 1

Trump just wants his war, so he can join the ranks of wartime presidents

Donald Trump, 2016-2020,

• War on Twitter, 2020-Ongoing.
  • Corona-war, 2020-Ongoing, currently on hold, busy on the twitter war.

the dead beaten corpse of truth died that year

maybe I don't understand what this order entails, but isn't trump breaking the thing that keeps websites from being afraid of having to censor things or be sued?

yeah, but if these things are publishers and not platforms that removes all reason to not censor things because now they can be held responsible for the content.

• Like 1

I agree with a free internet; capitalism does not.

but I also understand that equal and just freedoms require protection, which is an infringement on freedom.

• Like 1

Big tech should absolutely be regulated, just not because President Manbaby can't take any criticism.

I also find this highly ironic coming from the man who had his handpicked corporate stooge kill net neutrality 🙄

• Like 3

The fact he was almost encouraging people to get shot, right after a civilian senselessly got killed by a police officer boggles the mind.

His wording almost made it look like he was stoking the fire of his white supremacist base. Condemn the looting. Condemn the murder done by police.

But to jokingly it seems imply that you loot, and you get shot--just wow. Way to quell the anger of the crowd with those appeasing words, making those doing an already difficult job o f trying to control things, that much harder.

He reminds me of Justin Bieber, who once got irritated at a Paparazzi. He boldly told him (behind his thick blanket of security guards of course) on how he would violently do things to him. The paparazzi mocked him, to where Justin jumped into the arms of his security guard, who was making a very half hearted attempt at restraining him. Now he's swinging for the fences and Lord have mercy at what could happen to you, if this security guard lets me go...just wow. Unthinkable.

This is literally what I see, when I see Trump talking smack on Twitter.

Just a positive take on Trump in the context of the insanity right now: It's not all his fault.

"Contrary to the views of many of his critics, Trump cannot be blamed for everything. America's social and ethnic divides and inability to purge racist cops predate his presidency by generations."

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/01/politics/trump-white-house-racial-unrest-leadership/index.html

I think it's important to remind ourselves that the President (any president) isn't to blame for everything that the country is going through. He may make things worse or better, but most often he's not the cause or source of the problem. 

but having a president right now would be helpful.

• Like 2