Master Trump Thread

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, everyone.

I'm just helping chime in, here, doing my Admod duty as the cover Admod for the PPS forum of helping make sure members' discussions remain fair and respectful for everyone.

As the TOS and PPS forum rules' threads mention, please, remember that members are allowed to disagree, respectfully, without getting into personal, negative judgments or insults about other members.

If it helps, they have some tips and/or advice on how to disagree with other members, respectfully.

Thank you!

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

(covering the PPS forum)

I'm curious. I don't fully understand the impeachment process regarding the current proceedings. 

Is there a chance he is impeached? Or is this more of a formality, yet he gets away with the alleged accusations? Like could he use this as ammo against his detractors like he does while catching some part of a "witch hunt?"

How realistic is this considering the elections next year?

Considering the slow moving process of a democratic government model?

Calligraphette_Coe
3 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

I'm curious. I don't fully understand the impeachment process regarding the current proceedings. 

Is there a chance he is impeached? Or is this more of a formality, yet he gets away with the alleged accusations? Like could he use this as ammo against his detractors like he does while catching some part of a "witch hunt?"

How realistic is this considering the elections next year?

Considering the slow moving process of a democratic government model?

An impeachment is like the cops bringing charges against a person for committing an alleged crime and then it gets sent to the Senate for trial. So the House serve as the cops and Grand Jury and the Senate as the Court of Last Resort to remove a rogue president or other high official. Since it takes a super majority in the Senate to effect removal, the theory was that it should be easier to use bring charges as an Oversight function than it is to take rash partisan kneejerk reaction to remove.

Remember: no US president has ever been removed with this check on his power, but Nixon did see the way the wind was blowing and decided to resign rather than be inpeached and convicted. But the Sword of Damocles is always there to remind high officials that they aren't kings.

IDK, but I think Clintoni's impeachment and trialcast a long shadow on American politics. Even though he escaped removal, the taint was still there. And I think one can make an argument that it was the reason that Trump, ironically, is in this position now. Had Bill Clinton not misbehaved in office, there may now have been the backlash in the 2000 elections for Gore and the 2016 elections for Hillary Clinton.

And the Republicans would be the Democrats trying to impeach Hillary. (If you remember, that's what Republicans were saying in 2016 to Trump voters: "Elect Donald or be in for years of impeachment inquiries". Kind of sad, isn't it?

• Like 3

I believe there may be a chance he'll be impeached, but definitely not removed. Mostly because of the amount of Congressmen needed to remove him and because of the timeframe. I think it could only possibly happen if he's impeached but wins the election, but then no one's going to remove a recently re-elected president. 

Calligraphette_Coe
1 hour ago, SithGirl said:

I believe there may be a chance he'll be impeached, but definitely not removed. Mostly because of the amount of Congressmen needed to remove him and because of the timeframe. I think it could only possibly happen if he's impeached but wins the election, but then no one's going to remove a recently re-elected president. 

In trying to extrapolate the likely and best possible outcomes, I have a feeling you are right-- there's No Way he'll be convicted. He may even get re-elected and then we'll have another Constitutional HayRide into Bizzarro World with the Wonderful Mango Wizard of Odd. I don't think there's anything like Double Jeopardy re. Impeachment, so if he does get re-elected AND the Senate flips majority? Buckle Up, fellow citizens, it's going to be a wild ride.

I'm almost to the point of shrugging it off-- barring a financial meltdown that makes 2007 look like Sesame Street, I'll survive the Daily Annoyance of seeing the Greatest Nation in the world lose its mind over devotion to the WMWoO. Worse things have happened. All one has to do is keep one's wits about them, click the Ruby Slippers and say "There's no place like home." Damn the Flying Monkeys, Full Speed Ahead.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, ms. mortricia said:

Translation, please!

3 hours ago, Calligraphette_Coe said:

Wonderful Mango Wizard of Odd.

Calligraphette_Coe
3 hours ago, ms. mortricia said:

Oh, oops...it was right in the paragraph above. 🤪

It seemed like the purrrrrfect moniker for him and his whizbang presidency-- full of sound and fury, more bluster than a tornado and 'pay no attention to those Fake News folks! All played with a cast of characters too inept to actually be villains.

While watching Rand Paul on the Sunday morning talks show defending the WMWoO's extortion attempts by using WhatAboutIsms de Hillary ( who lost the election in the Electoral College, BTW, and doesn't have the power to do what he is doing), I was reminded of the immortal fictional Faster Than Light Drive in James Blish's sci-fi stories that allowed whole cities to be sent into hyperspace called The Spindizzy. It was an antigravity device that only became stronger as the mass of whatever it was powering became greater. Washington, D.C.=  BS powered Spindizzy? The Spin on this Impeachment Inquiry is enough to make anyone dizzy, at least, if not totally nauseous.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Come on, Republicans, you keep defending a crook! Why can’t you see that? You are enabling his bad behavior. You really want to be associated with this horrible man? You have no integrity.

• Like 3

Trump will definitely be impeached.  They have enough now to charge him with asking a foreign power to interfere in American elections.  

He won't be declared guilty by the Senate trial, and he will then be able to blather everywhere that he was declared innocent of everything.  

It's nauseating just thinking about it.  This next year can't pass soon enough.  

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...

trump: "People are flushing toilets 10 times, 15 times." 

(there isn't a face palm deep enough)

• Like 1

I really want context for why the heck he was talking about toilets. I heard the story, but wtf? I'm dying over here laughing that maybe he's thinking water shortages are caused by flushing toilets. 

(Yes, it's a problem, but there are other problems and not just toilet flushing.) 

• Like 1

On Catalina Island off the coast of LA people were basically on one flush a day until the beginning of this year.

I flushed my toilet ten times just to honor our thread's master.

28 minutes ago, SithGrinch said:

I really want context for why the heck he was talking about toilets. I heard the story, but wtf? I'm dying over here laughing that maybe he's thinking water shortages are caused by flushing toilets. 

(Yes, it's a problem, but there are other problems and not just toilet flushing.) 

Some right wing thing to do away with environmental regulations.

(he wasn't talking about water shortages, but more the opposite - basically saying the water doesn't come out strong enough in bathrooms, even in states that have so much water it rushes right out to the ocean, where they have so much water it falls out of clouds and that's called rain)

I guess he must have heard the talking point somewhere (Fox, maybe?) and did his usual "crazy old man" rant about it.

• Like 2

Well, I flushed 3 times today for the record and I did not look orange in the light of the bathroom.  Seems only Trump looks orange with these new fangled lights.

Trump had a rough day today.  (1) articles of impeachment were drawn up, (2) the IGs report said the FBI was justified in there look into Russian meddling in our 2016 election, and (3) he had the Russian foreign minister in the Oval Office to.....I guess get orders from Puttie...on the day he found out impeachment is going to happen.  All in a day's work, I guess.

Oh, shit, I have to flush a 4th time.  I hope the flush police are not watching.

• Like 2

He wasn't talking about 10 or 15 times a day. He was talking about 10 or 15 times in a row, to get it to flush properly.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, daveb said:

He wasn't talking about 10 or 15 times a day. He was talking about 10 or 15 times in a row, to get it to flush properly.

It really is comforting to have a President who worries about the important things like toilet-flushing.   Obama never talked about toilet-flushing.  I guess he just didn't care.   

• Like 4

DT keeps flushing as he thinks it'll get rid of all the verbal diarrohea he spouts 

• Like 1

I will be honest. As refreshing as it was to hear a politician saying what they think, you quickly realize why it's best for their words to meticulously be controlled as with their every behavior. 

• 2 weeks later...

So Trump and his defenders are saying Jesus and the accused as witches in Salem had it easier in their trials than Trump. They were tortured and executed. Trump will suffer no such fate. Trump complains his trial won’t be fair but doesn’t allow anyone to testify on his behalf. He bragged that Putin defends him about being impeached.

At one of his rallies he talks in a very mocking tone about Debbie Dingell and says that John Dingell is looking up from hell. What a jerk.

• Like 5

I think Republicans will be very, very happy to get rid of Trump in 2020, although they'll be unhappy to lose to a Democrat.  However, as long as they don't lose the Senate, I think they'll consider it a good bargain. 

• Like 1

I never thought I'd kill for an actual Republican to be in office. Poor McCain. He had to die seeing a hellscape in his party. Thankfully, he didn't have to live to see what is happening now.

• Like 1
On 6/21/2019 at 9:07 PM, festiff said:

:(

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2019 at 10:40 PM, Sally said:

It really is comforting to have a President who worries about the important things like toilet-flushing.   Obama never talked about toilet-flushing.  I guess he just didn't care.   

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jan/15/trump-rails-against-refrigerators-promises-cleaner-dishes-milwaukee-rally

While Democratic presidential candidates sparred over climate change at their debate in Iowa, Trump offered a contrasting message in the vital swing state of Wisconsin by calling out the Department of Energy for tightening energy efficiency standards for dishwashers, refrigerators, lightbulbs and more.

The rally, held at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Panther Arena, took a strange turn to appliances, with Trump taking particular offense at household items that limit water usage. “Sinks, toilets, and showers – you don’t get any water,” he said.

He also railed into dishwashers and refrigerators, evoking nostalgia for more powerful machines.

“Remember the dishwasher? You’d press it, boom! There’d be, like, an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up, the steam pours out,” he said. Trump then criticized newer models, claiming women – just women – across the country have to now wash their dishes “10 times”.

“Anybody have a new dishwasher? I’m sorry for that,” he told the crowd, promising that under his presidency their “dishes will be beautiful”.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Gatto said:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jan/15/trump-rails-against-refrigerators-promises-cleaner-dishes-milwaukee-rally

While Democratic presidential candidates sparred over climate change at their debate in Iowa, Trump offered a contrasting message in the vital swing state of Wisconsin by calling out the Department of Energy for tightening energy efficiency standards for dishwashers, refrigerators, lightbulbs and more.

The rally, held at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Panther Arena, took a strange turn to appliances, with Trump taking particular offense at household items that limit water usage. “Sinks, toilets, and showers – you don’t get any water,” he said.

He also railed into dishwashers and refrigerators, evoking nostalgia for more powerful machines.

“Remember the dishwasher? You’d press it, boom! There’d be, like, an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up, the steam pours out,” he said. Trump then criticized newer models, claiming women – just women – across the country have to now wash their dishes “10 times”.

“Anybody have a new dishwasher? I’m sorry for that,” he told the crowd, promising that under his presidency their “dishes will be beautiful”.

He really is everyone's crazy grandpa, huh? 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Gatto said:

Trump then criticized newer models, claiming women – just women – across the country have to now wash their dishes “10 times”.

WTH.

• Like 1